It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida man, 61, wakes with amnesia speaking only Swedish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Florida man, 61, wakes with amnesia speaking only Swedish

m.cbsnews.com

PALM SPRINGS, Calif.Since February, doctors have been following the case of Michael Boatwright, a Florida man who awoke with amnesia after being found unconscious in a Southern California motel. Boatwright, 61, was found unconscious Feb. 28 in a Motel 6 room in Palm Springs, Calif., and after police arrived, he was transported to the Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs. When he awoke, the man was only speaking Swedish, calling himself Johan Ek.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If this is a duplicate thread then mods. Delete, im new to posting threads. I did search however.
Anyway is this not weird..supposedly this guy did not previously know swedish yet now he can only speak swedish knows no english and claims he doesnt know any of his family or friends. Any explanations?

m.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There are actually commonplace stories of people waking up with amnesia but speaking a completely new language, at least common place among amnesiacs.

It's a weird phenomenon though.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stonedgolfer

I read a similar case from a man from Texas who woke up only speaking French. I'll see if I can find a link, it been about a week since I seen it.

Very strange stuff. I think it's a conspiracy...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Maybe they've had a head transplant? Just an idea...

Italian Neurosurgeon says he is ready to transplant heads...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't even see how that can be possible...... Maybe it's some weird slip back into a past life thing or something.
Oh great, I get migraines, this better not happen to me

Getting laid, or jump into the ocean and all of a sudden start speaking russian or some crazy crap
edit on Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:08:24 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

According to this he has lived in Sweden and got a masters at Stockholm university and could speak Swedish before he was found .

Boatwright, who appears to have lived in Sweden for much of his life, has an online portfolio that says he got a bachelors from Michigan State and Masters from Stockholm University.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 16-7-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Now that makes some frikken sense out of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I call shenanigans on this.

After an extensive search, medical personnel and social workers have been unable to locate Boatwright's next of kin. Authorities are still unsure of his birthplace, listed on his ID as Florida - photos show him in Sweden at a young age.

Since when does your driver's license list your birthplace?

He doesn't remember his son and two ex-wives, either.

If they don't know who he is, and he can't remember, how does the reporter know that he has a son and two ex-wives? Why claim that they're trying to find his next of kin if they know who his son is, who would be his next of kin?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Guy was a veteran. VA coverage would have included his ex-wives while married to him and his son so they'd possibly be listed in his medical file. Just a guess. Really is a strange case though. According to this article in USAToday, www.usatoday.com... Boatwright was found in February, 4 days after he flew from Hong Kong to Palm Springs. Guess it's even kind of weird that it's hitting the news now when the guy was found in late Feb...Anyways, USA Today article is even more perplexing, lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

That may explain how he knows swedish but not how he forgot english or the fact that he's claiming to be a completely different person lol. His exact words were...

"The guy Michael -- it wasn't me. I'm still Johan," Boatwright told the newspaper through a translator in early July. "Sometimes it makes me really sad and sometimes it just makes me furious about the whole situation and the fact that I don't know anybody, I don't recognize anybody,"

I just dont understand how the amnesia made him create a completely new alias..he goes from Michael Boatwright to Johan Ek...very weird situation altogether..it makes you wonder where in the depths of his brain/memories did this johan ek alias come from...or did his mind completely weave new fabrics and create false memories
edit on 16-7-2013 by stonedgolfer because: spelling

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Maybe he is a burned CIA agent

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I could see if this man didn't speak a word of Swedish, but he was obviously well versed in the language prior to the amnesia. This makes it more likely a synapse misfire or something neurological.

It's other stories that this happens where the 'victim' (?) has never spoken a word of this before! Those boggle the mind.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonedgolfer
reply to post by gortex

That may explain how he knows swedish but not how he forgot english or the fact that he's claiming to be a completely different person lol. His exact words were...

"The guy Michael -- it wasn't me. I'm still Johan," Boatwright told the newspaper through a translator in early July. "Sometimes it makes me really sad and sometimes it just makes me furious about the whole situation and the fact that I don't know anybody, I don't recognize anybody,"

I just dont understand how the amnesia made him create a completely new alias..he goes from Michael Boatwright to Johan Ek...very weird situation altogether..it makes you wonder where in the depths of his brain/memories did this johan ek alias come from...or did his mind completely weave new fabrics and create false memories

Somebody find Johan Ek. Maybe he says he's Michael Boatwright. Maybe their souls switched bodies.

Scary thought, eh?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Michael Boatwright left his body and he got a walk-in from consciousness of Johan Ek.

In a parallel Earth Johan Ek's family is wondering why he's saying he's Michael Boatwright speaking English or perhaps a language they have never heard before.

That's quite a lot of Tarzan work to swing from this vine all the way over to another where Swedish was the standard for him. Maybe some DNA transport machine misfired, or maybe, everything is the way it's supposed to be. Time, that's an illusion for instances like this. So ideally, he needs to be set free and encounter who he needs to until another event and he wakes up wondering what's going on. Poor Johan; I wonder how he feels when he looks in a mirror.

It's Palm Springs. There is military around there. With enough high frequency experimentation weird things happen and this other-world identity slips in or falls out. When the frequency distortion rips a hole in the standard universe. Somebody has been playing around with the things that fall off of UFOs again, altering world lines and the bio-fields around individuals. They should put him back where they found him and give it a couple weeks to see if the temporal distortion corrects itself, hope that things flip and he passes out again to be Michael again. Location matters.

Coincidentally that was close to where PRC and USA world leaders met recently, June 7th, Sunnylands estate in Palm Springs. But he was unconscious Feb 28th. That's 7 fortnights, or 14 weeks, apart, almost to the day.

On page 4 it was said Boatwright had a few Chinese bank accounts, where he can only access $7 from one of them.

He doesn't recognize anybody. Does he recognize brand labels? Does he find technology confusing? Transient global, that almost makes sense. Moving from earth to earth they mean.

Reminds me of the guy who crawled under his sink and met his older self, Hakann Nordkvist, enough to take a picture.

CERN is playing with bosons. I wish they'd take into account inter-universal temporal waveform dynamics, or something describable like that. Easily said, stop playing with bosons with such a large machine, keep the weird stuff local, because it's likely interfering with US military equipment on the other side of the country.

More, CERN put new supermagnets into its old concrete. Niobium tin instead of Niobium titanium, increasing power tenfold. That's counter to original schematics, and you don't need a jackhammer when a stapler will do. More power! More Swedish speakers! It's a world takeover device, Dr. Evil has arrived.

So...I guess they'll be doing an experiment about 14 weeks after the presidential meeting, which would be Friday September 13th, coincidentally, Yom Kippur. Who is for some end of days doom, anyone?
edit on 17-7-2013 by Sandalphon because: More Power!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Maybe they've had a head transplant? Just an idea...

Italian Neurosurgeon says he is ready to transplant heads...

Lol, that's a nice one

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Well, considering the nature of psychodynamic triggers and the nature of the brains storage methods (forgetting one language but remembering another due to remote storage,) I'd say that it sounds like he suffered from some sort of stroke which took out the areas responsible for English while leaving the rest intact.

Following that same logic of compartmentalization, the personality is probably an amalgamation of fragments from former memories which coalesced into a new personality.

After the mental trauma of losing that much data, a new personality forming from perceptions and memories doesn't seem unreasonable.

Then again, maybe the already had a split personality?

At any rate, recovery should be possible, considering the plastic nature of the mind, autowave functions and connections, and the pyramidal image nature of any "byte" of memory, erm, I may be using the wrong terms. I believe that any slice of human memory could be considered to be a quadnomial kernel?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
There are actually commonplace stories of people waking up with amnesia but speaking a completely new language, at least common place among amnesiacs.

It's a weird phenomenon though.

"...photos show him in Sweden at a young age." case closed.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

He wakes up, speaks Swedish and believes he's part of the Nazi resistance in 1940 and promptly shoots a blonde male nurse.

He's then acquitted based on Florida's "stand your ground" laws.

Following the trial he gets his gun back goes back to his trailer in the swamp and lives happily ever after.
edit on 17-7-2013 by InverseLookingGlass because: semantics

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So strange...but is anyone really surprised that there is weirdness coming from Florida? LOL!

Besides whatever medical reason this may occur, it's kind of fun to speculate on some of the other weird and woo-filled possibilities. Botched alien abduction/return? MIB snafu? MKultra weirdness? Unconscious memory of covert military training? Hey, I'm just spit-balling here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join