It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your thoughts on PM's? (Precious Metals)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I invest in several things but I'm not completely in the boat of PM's or go home mentality, like so many I run across seem to express. My thoughts are that if and when (assuming/probability that PM's may be in a "bubble") PM's "rocket" that central banks may use these as SDR's at the national debt level, cutting out, and completely eliminating the personal PM holder.

I've always contended that the central banks and their buddies continue to make the rules, move the goal post, and play a game that no one else is invited to, but try to mimic as the autistic kid sitting in the background...

I think, if we see global economic turmoil that those who thought they did everything right may be in the same boat and on par to those who did nothing at all, at a minimum individual outcomes might be seperated by only a few degrees, but basically everyone sits in the same boat...
edit on 16-7-2013 by Gazrok because: removed singling out member.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

I'm waiting for interest rates to rise, lol, then comes the oh so lovely inflation.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Probably better via a U2U than an open post, but depends on what you mean by PM's. The acronym has a ton of meanings in business, from Project Managers to Protect Money, to Physical Mining, Prime Mortgage, etc. I can't tell which meaning of the acronym you're going for, from the context.

Overall, I can't help but feel the whole system is on the edge, and has been, for some time, but those with the dough can't afford for it to tip off, so they do everything in their power to keep it there, hoping for some corrections to push it away from the edge. I do think it's moved a tad from the very edge, but it is still tenuous. Suck time, to have to go through right now.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73

I'm waiting for interest rates to rise, lol, then comes the oh so lovely inflation.

I think what you will see is stagflation... commods, and "things" that you need for every day life will continue to climb as will energy - but even energy, if not for the speculators (to control energy costs they should make these guys take physical possession within a few days), may not inflate drastically if demand drops significantly. Food, water, et al, will go up. The "assets" you don't need, iPhones, tv's, cars, etc. I can see dropping in price...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Probably better via a U2U than an open post, but depends on what you mean by PM's. The acronym has a ton of meanings in business, from Project Managers to Protect Money, to Physical Mining, Prime Mortgage, etc. I can't tell which meaning of the acronym you're going for, from the context.

Sorry about that - "Precious Metals"...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok, while you're at it I'd like to know the meaning of life and what wine to serve with squirrel gumbo?

Just joking......I know you serve beer with squirrel. It was a trick question!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Actually interest rate hikes will cook this turkey... Fed will have lost the game... national debt, mortgages, massive drop in house prices - hell, even personal and business loans... banks seem to be hoarding cash, and being paid by the "Fed" to do so... hmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I can't help but think that ever since we convinced the world to back currency with FAITH vs. gold, the precious metals market is basically constantly going in flux, up/down, up/down. As a long term investment...not attractive to me, but if you can do well with it short term, a lot of money to be made, if you play it right. I'm just not much of a gambler.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Gazrok, while you're at it I'd like to know the meaning of life [42, everyone knows that] and what wine to serve with squirrel gumbo [it is kind of tricky, as not really a white or red meat, so etiquette holds either is fine]?

See above.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes

I think what you will see is stagflation... commods, and "things" that you need for every day life will continue to climb as will energy - but even energy, if not for the speculators (to control energy costs they should make these guys take physical possession within a few days), may not inflate drastically if demand drops significantly. Food, water, et al, will go up. The "assets" you don't need, iPhones, tv's, cars, etc. I can see dropping in price...

You may be right. Myself personally, I don't have a credit card, don't own a home/car and have very little to no debt. I'm hoping that housing prices will drop drastically here in Canada.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You may be right. Myself personally, I don't have a credit card, don't own a home/car and have very little to no debt. I'm hoping that housing prices will drop drastically here in Canada.

I think they will. I've heard that Canada is experiencing a massive housing bubble...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It's going to be hell for homeowners up here, massive bubble. When you have a 30 year old house that needs about 40 to 80k in renos and it's selling price in 350 to 500k, somethings off about that.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It's going to be hell for homeowners up here, massive bubble. When you have a 30 year old house that needs about 40 to 80k in renos and it's selling price in 350 to 500k, somethings off about that.

Holy $hit!! Are they budging on prices at all, or are you getting bidding wars? People in the states, in my opinion, are still living in De Nile...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The prices just keep going up and up with no end in sight. Don't know about the bidding wars or anything like that so unfortunately I can't help you there. What are prices like down your way?
edit on 16-7-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The prices just keep going up and up with no end in sight. Don't know about the bidding wars or anything like that so unfortunately I can't help you there. What are prices like down your way?

200-300 for cookie cutter homes... though it really depends on area, location. It could be worse, could live Los Angeles...

www.redfin.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

200-300 for cookie cutter homes... though it really depends on area, location. It could be worse, could live Los Angeles...

www.redfin.com...

Average house price for my area is between 450 to 530k.

Average Calgary House

Although I'm planning on moving back to the rock where housing prices are abit more reasonable.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
if central banks hold gold as an asset, that should tell you something.....
edit on 16-7-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
if central banks hold gold as an asset, that should tell you something.....
edit on 16-7-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Sure it tells me they are going to use it as a Special Drawing Right at the central bank level/national level for sovereign debt. The "average" guy will not be privy to this "game"...

top topics

join