It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

amazing rice patty art in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hello

I was browsing another site and ran across some pictures of rice patty art in Japan.

This is pretty cool and I had never heard of it before. They are actually grown with different strains of rice to get the different colors

So no photoshop or paint on the fields it is all natural. pretty wild

I wish I could do this with my lawn.

They are planted in the spring and harvested in the fall so the art changes as the seasons change

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Much better than crop circles which destroy part of the crop.

This looks difficult to do. Really intricate and lovely. Thank you for sharing, I had no idea such a thing existed. The human hunger for beauty.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It's impossible for humans to do anything that detailed.
It had to have been aliens!

Kidding aside, that's some really super wonderful amazing stuff!
S+F!

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Jesus, even the Japanese Aliens are into Manga. Who whudda thunk it??

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
my printer gave me some error code when i tried to print a field sized page of colour

Id imagine thats what could have come out like, whats that, paper size A00000?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

A couple of those almost seem to have a 3-D appearance to them.

Do they eat the rice?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Wow! It is really excellent. I imagine this must be fun for them to dream up and to execute. It shows pride and intelligence and they merit well-deserved praise.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

That is so cool. When I looked at the first picture, I thought for sure it was photoshopped.

Wow!! That is so amazing. I love it. Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I didn't notice this yesterday, but after looking at them again, I realized that most of those are in the exact same field. A quick search on TinEye led me to this↓, which I thought I was quite interesting.

[color=FFFF82]In northern Japan the small village of Inakadate plants five different varieties of rice to produce all different colours: "Rice field art".

This is an annual event that attracts many thousands of tourists. Every year in autumn they have a different subject matter to be viewed.

The design is done by an artist and then in a computer the design is calculated and adjusted to what it would look like when it is viewed from the town hall watch tower. Then the design is marked out in the rice fields.

glennwaters.photoshelter.com...

Often, art such as this cannot be fully appreciated unless you're in a plane, helicopter, etc.... but apparently these pictures are taken from a tower. So in order for these people to be able to reap the fruits of their labors, all they need to do is go down there and walk up some stairs.

edit on 7/17/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Pretty damn awesome... I knew it had to be done by computer...as someone correctly pointed out, this is too detailed to be done by humans. Just like some crop circles for example which are too detailed...but there's no computer for those...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Pretty damn awesome... I knew it had to be done by computer...as someone correctly pointed out, this is too detailed to be done by humans.
A computer cannot plant the seeds. They use the program to determine which seeds need to be planted, and exactly where to plant them.

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Just like some crop circles for example which are too detailed...but there's no computer for those...
Regardless of whether or not crop circles were/are created by humans or something from elsewhere, it is highly likely that a computer program is involved in the planning.(Especially the most intricately detailed ones)

I honestly can't understand what makes you believe there isn't a computer involved.

top topics

join