It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Some Problems With Visa’s Sample Budget For McDonald’s Employees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Also remember, people are lucky to find ONE job in this economy, much less 2...
And remember, most service jobs give it's employees JUST enough hours to make them borderline part time, just so they don't have to provide insurance

Yup... In the same light is WalMart hiring temp workers instead of full time employees just to circumvent benefit expenditures.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Can't anyone see the TRUE horror in this?

What should have been taught in 5 grade, 8 grade AND 12 grade, needs to be addressed by one of the most horrific companies in all the world, online, and without any regard for real life experience?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a child who is educated by the State can't do a simple daily life budget plan, why are we sending children to these places at all? To learn that George Washington was the first President - this means nothing at all, nothing, but to learn and understand about money has meaning. Children are raised in the State institutions, spending the majority of their first 18 years, consumed by 12 hours a day of "work" and little, if any time is spent on money, and NO time is spent on the truth about money. And people tolerate this, in fact, they demand "more money for schools."

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Exactly this whole budget thing that McDonald's cooked up is pretty much a slap in the face of anyone who works minimum wage. Everyone knows that living on minimum wage is next to impossible and McDonald's in their "generosity" proved it.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

You have a point, don't they have home ec anymore? Or is it people didn't pay attention? They made us cook, sew, budget, take care of a stupid doll, made us drill for job interviews, taught us first aid and CPR....... That's off the top of my head. I am only in my 30's here, I am not that ancient

edit on Thu, 18 Jul 2013 13:12:19 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
60 hours a week? Might as well put a bullet in my head, I am not doing any living anyways..... What is the point? Why must we spend every waking hour working just to put a roof over our head? Am I the only one that considers that utterly insane?

I've worked much more than 60 hours quite often. Success takes effort.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

What is the point? Even if you do the right thing, the bankers can pull the rug out from under you in a heartbeat. I lost 10 years of my life, busting my ass 8-14 hours a day, 6 days a week, with nothing to show for it thanks to the real estate pop in NY. Lost my college fund and pop's retirement fund, due to no fault of our own. It's all crap, and I am tired of it.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
as previously said. minimum wage was never intended to provide for a full family or provide for a luxurious life. it is supposed to be a stepping stone into the work place.

but of course we should all feel so sorry for everyone who works a minimum wage job because they cant afford a brand new bmw? give me a break. i pay more in taxes than these 60 hour a week minimum wage people make (and dont pay any taxes most likely) and they complain?

how about this, you dont like working minimum wage and are jealous of the mcd ceo salary, start your own mcdonalds rival that employs 500,000 plus people and then pay yourself $8.50 an hour, because thats fair right? or better yet, pay all your employees $1,000/hour because then you would be super cool! see how long you stay in business selling $6 hamburgers.

did they stop teaching economics and common sense in school? seriously. this country is doomed. we officially have more on govt assistance of some sort than working people and the mooches, and yes a lot of them are just that, demand more.

well, screw you. go earn your own way. some people have the desire to work hard and would like to see that pay off without having to carry a bunch of mooches on their back.

also, somebody mentioned that the $150 car payment was crazy low. heres a question, if you are making $8.50/hour WTF are you doing buying a car with a $300 payment??? seems like a pretty dumb decision to me. but i guess like all the foreclosed houses, the evil car dealers held guns to their head and made them sign contracts they couldnt afford. signed what, 10 times? at least. yep. makes total sense.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

as previously said. minimum wage was never intended to provide for a full family or provide for a luxurious life. it is supposed to be a stepping stone into the work place.

Well, after 10 years in the Army, I got a job as an EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN, guess what they were paying EMTs, regardless of experience? $7.50 AN HOUR!! Paramedics made $9.00/hr.

Minimum wage is what most companies are paying nowadays, so your statement is incorrect.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

You may be right. Back when our economy was healthy and you could use a minimum wage job as a stepping stone. But these days that is a different story. There are many people who had great jobs that have been forced to work in jobs like these because there is nothing else available. But of course your callous attitude just says, "screw em." They should just suck it up, despite the fact that they may have to feed a family of 4 or you know already had a $300 car payment before being forced to work these dead end jobs.

You need to stop living 10 years ago, our economy is different now.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

If you are lucky enough to live in an area with mass transit, then that still has to be substituted for a bus pass or whatever. How do you expect people to get to work? Flap their arms? Teleport?

And praytell where does one "step" after these "stepping stone jobs"? Greed is everywhere, and it is not just the "minimum wage dummies" suffering from it. People that have actual skills, and experience are having to settle for these crap jobs these days. I took up a trade that seemed logical, and that it would not just some day fail. Everyone needs a house, so in theory I should always be in demand. In reality, that is not the case.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by centhwevir1979

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined

Money is the variable that enslaves you all. Money is not your god, do not worship it, nor work yourself to the bone for it, find a means to use it less and less and free yourself from this insanity.

Agreed, bro. If people only grew their own food, think of how much less they'd have to spend, immediately! Community gardens, anyone? And this madness of this suburban gardens... endless rows of flowers, nothing edible, all sprayed with herbicides. It truly is disappointing, what we've turned our world into.

Love the idea. In practise however, having a patch in a community garden: 1) is really pretty pricey (materials, seeds, tools, etc) and 2) time consuming (actual time, communte). When you are working 50 hours a week there isn't much time to garden as well as do other chores.

I love to garden, have for years. I'm working about 50 hours a week to make the bills (two jobs - no benefits) and I don't have the energy or will to garden however much it would help me emotionally. I've worked all my life (part-time raising my family) taken big hits financially a few times and forsee working these hours till I die just to survive. Gotta love the USA.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
And then you take your girlfriend to an oyster house and she spends your rent money in one night ordering some rare oyster from Japan.

I guess they don't count on relationships.

Reminds me of a scene from The Cosby Show where Theo is telling his Dad how he can afford to move out of home. They run through a mock budget and he has some spare cash left over.

Cliff: "Do you plan to have a girlfriend?"

Theo: "Sure do!"

Cliff then takes the rest of his money...

I agree with the thread title. A lot of problems with this budget.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pngxp

but of course we should all feel so sorry for everyone who works a minimum wage job because they cant afford a brand new bmw? give me a break. i pay more in taxes than these 60 hour a week minimum wage people make (and dont pay any taxes most likely) and they complain?

how about this, you dont like working minimum wage and are jealous of the mcd ceo salary, start your own mcdonalds rival that employs 500,000 plus people and then pay yourself $8.50 an hour, because thats fair right? or better yet, pay all your employees $1,000/hour because then you would be super cool! see how long you stay in business selling $6 hamburgers.

did they stop teaching economics and common sense in school? seriously. this country is doomed. we officially have more on govt assistance of some sort than working people and the mooches, and yes a lot of them are just that, demand more.

well, screw you. go earn your own way. some people have the desire to work hard and would like to see that pay off without having to carry a bunch of mooches on their back.

also, somebody mentioned that the $150 car payment was crazy low. heres a question, if you are making $8.50/hour WTF are you doing buying a car with a $300 payment??? seems like a pretty dumb decision to me. but i guess like all the foreclosed houses, the evil car dealers held guns to their head and made them sign contracts they couldnt afford. signed what, 10 times? at least. yep. makes total sense.

What im starting to find interesting is that people are belittled for not having a job and now they're being belittled by "choosing" to work for nothing and complaining when they cant even afford heat

You just cant win with your type of thinking. Do you think everyone has it in them to be an entrepreneur?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It used to be, back in the late 1800s and early 1900s, that an uneducated person could work themselves out of poverty and with a good idea and with a lot more hard work, they could build a profitable business. Not so in this day and age.

Even if you could work and save and commit to a creating a good business that makes a profit, the red tape will slow or stop you, not to mention all the big players that have the resources and money to keep you down and take you out altogether.

Once the poverty trap gets a hold of you, you are pretty much done. The hard working survivors will take the slave wage jobs and still get by, barely. Most of those will work until they die and receive a government burial.

The work ethic has been hijacked and the American dream of working your way out of poverty is dead.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Great thread! F&S

Unfortunately, McDonald's like many other minimum wage paying corporations, view their employees in the same light as did the southern slave owners of old. Actually, I think it's gotten worse!

In the days of legalized slavery, if a slave owners workforce became ill or injured it was his/her responsibility to address the problem, or suffer the consequences that an unproductive workforce would have on his/her business. They damn sure couldn't just pass those cost off onto their neighbors.

Believe it or not, modern day corporations have found a way to utilize the end of slavery to their advantage. What they've done is to continue their practice of paying below subsistence level wages while simultaneously shifting all other employee cost over to the public coffers. Furthermore, they've done this at the same time that they've managed to, (via lobbying for corporate IRS tax loopholes) reduce their tax burden to at or below zero.

A perfect example of this philosophy could be seen when the CEO of PaPa John's Pizza complained that providing health care to his employees would raise the cost of a pizza by .11 cents. I think he knows that his customers would not only NOT complain about the .11 cent increase, they probably wouldn't even notice it. The "Real Dilemma" he's trying to avoid is the concept that he as an employer, should even concern himself with the well being of his workforce. After all, that must be someone else's responsibility.

IMO, the only way to permanently correct the problem of a stagnant, below subsistence level wages in this country, is to re-write our minimum wage laws so that the lowest wage paid to an employee of any company meets some kind of a minimum percentage standard of the highest wage paid by that company. In other words, the lowest wage must be directly correlated with the highest wage thereby insuring that everyone working for the company shares equally in the wealth they have created together.

The really sad part about this sample budget proposal is that these corporate leaders apparently had hopes that their employee base would be dumb enough to believe it to be possible. I guess now they're going to have to re-think their approach to de-funding our public school system even more, so they can dumb us down a little further in hopes that sooner or later, we'll buy into their line of crap. And we wonder why they didn't want their slaves learning to read.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Utah State Senator wants to end compulsory education

edit on 19-7-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by Krazysh0t

IMO, the only way to permanently correct the problem of a stagnant, below subsistence level wages in this country, is to re-write our minimum wage laws so that the lowest wage paid to an employee of any company meets some kind of a minimum percentage standard of the highest wage paid by that company. In other words, the lowest wage must be directly correlated with the highest wage thereby insuring that everyone working for the company shares equally in the wealth they have created together.

I really like this idea. This is the best idea I've seen so far to help correct the minimum wage problem. It forces the CEO's to keep their paychecks in line while at the same time makes sure that the low level employees see a good wage/salary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join