It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman Wins Florida State Lottery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

SANFORD, FL—Just days after being fully acquitted for his role in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman reportedly won the $37 million Florida Lottery jackpot last night. “Yeah! All right!” said a visibly smiling Zimmerman, holding the winning lottery ticket he purchased on a whim hours after he was found not guilty for shooting and killing the unarmed 17-year-old. “I just figured why not, you know? I think I’ll probably use the money to buy a bigger house and a new car, and I’ll invest the rest. This is just fantastic. Life is good.” Zimmerman added that he’ll never have to worry about money again.

Source

Well, he better spend some of his money on people to protect him, as quite a bit of people probably want him dead, but either way it's crazy to think how his life has changed recently. He went from being on trial, to being free, to being a millionaire. I wonder if this was somehow set up to get him money to try to set-up some sort of protection for himself and pay off all of his debts, or anything else that he needed, but I doubt it. Probably just insanely lucky.
This was the only source I found, and I have no idea how reliable it is. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Sorry but 'The Onion' is a parody news site. The story isn't real.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Ah, as I said in the OP I had no idea how reliable it was. I read a tweet about it and googled it, thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Sweetie your source is The Onion. I'm pretty sure they are a comedy and satire fake-news website and it's supposed to be a joke. Don't feel bad, you're not the first to misinterpret the site and I'm sure you wont be the last.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

I'm from the UK and even I know that the onion is a satire site.

If I were you, I would just delete your post and creep quietly out of the room.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

littled16, I love your new avatar!

Yes, the Onion is a lot of fun. It's nice to have a lighthearted view of the news among all the serious stories out there.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

This one I edited out of a larger gif presented to me by Darkblade71. Wait until you see the next few I have in line after the grandkid gets tired of this one- you're gonna ROFL!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
reply to post by Havox

I'm from the UK and even I know that the onion is a satire site.

If I were you, I would just delete your post and creep quietly out of the room.

Good for you, I bet you feel smart.
Sorry I've never heard of the site, I stated in the OP I didn't know if the site was credible as I'd never been to it or heard of it. I won't delete my post because I stated I didn't know if it was legit, I'd been told it wasn't, so there was no need for your comment.

new topics

top topics

join