It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids Hidden in Satellite Images

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Sorry about that, yup I meant "proto".

In relation to the great pyramids 'fuzzy' = less than a thousand years.

In the 1980s several ancient Egyptian monuments, including the Great Pyramid, were radiocarbon dated.11 Radiocarbon dating cannot be applied to stone, but it can be used to date fragments of organic material, such as wood and charcoal, ... The 15 samples from the Great Pyramid gave radiocarbon dates ranging from 2853 to 3809 BC, the average date being 3029 BC, ...However, radiocarbon dating is subject to several possible sources of error... Another way of trying to date ancient monuments is archeoastronomy – the investigation of possible astronomical alignments in the past... , the Great Pyramid could have been built around 3400 BC or 2170 BC...

Selected quotes from The Great Pyramid by David Pratt, it continues on the subject I selected only the most relevant part.

I think it fully shows why the gambit

Ah the old 'Egyptologists' have gotten it all wrong and here is why gambit.

is more than a simple stratagem to discredit anyone but a valid argument, even if not conclusive to either side. The problem I started with continues the same and even the author of the above text puts it...

All three Giza pyramids were allegedly built as grandiose tombs, yet none of them was found to contain the body of its presumed builder. According to one account, in 820 AD, Arab workmen, under the direction of Calif Al Mamun of Baghdad, tunnelled into the Great Pyramid (the entrance being concealed by a hinged stone), hacked their way around the granite plugs blocking access to the ascending passage (and which appear to have been built in from the start), and finally reached the ‘King’s’ Chamber; it was completely bare except for a ‘sarcophagus’, which was lidless, uninscribed, and empty. However, since access to the King’s Chamber can also be gained via the torturous ‘well shaft’, tomb theorists can still argue that Khufu’s body and all the objects ‘buried’ with him were removed by thieves at a much earlier date. It should be borne in mind, though, that no Egyptian pyramid has ever been found to contain the body of its presumed royal builder; even sealed sarcophagi in pyramid chambers that have never been entered by tomb robbers have been found to be empty.

From the same source as the quotes above. I think that it more than a meme to object to the general notion that all pyramids should be regarded as tombs, I myself try not to overgeneralize or make assumptions, since they are often result if not cause of errors.

PS:I do hate the thread system of ATS...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by Hanslune

Sorry about that, yup I meant "proto".

In relation to the great pyramids 'fuzzy' = less than a thousand years.

Build a very large building and fill it with lots of cool valuable stuff near a populated area and leave it unguarded for 4,500 years and see how much remains when you check back. Sacrophagus have been found and in one case the body were there. Again is argument ignores AE religion, culture and the context in which the tombs are found.

Link to the Radiocarbon dates of the old and middle kingdom monuments of Egypt

and the key thing you might be interested in

PS:I do hate the thread system of ATS...

Why is that?
edit on 31/7/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/7/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join