It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids Hidden in Satellite Images

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here's a story about some recently discovered mounds that may be buried pyramids.

Pyramids hidden in satellite images

These were discovered by an amateur satellite archaeologist from North Carolina. It was later confirmed by some ancient maps there are indeed pyramids in that area. There is some arguing going on suggesting they may be natural land formations.

What do you guys think? I personally hope they are because if so they may possibly be unlooted.

FoxNews

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Look like step pyramids. I bet they will be neat. They need a hundred guys with leaf blowers over there, or a specially engineered helicopter. Maybe a really big sewer sucker truck with long hose.

edit on 16-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately, you can declare most (if not all) natural mountain formations as suspect pyramids.
None of those in that slide-show seem particular interesting to me.

Thanks for sharing the link though.

edit on 2013-7-16 by EnhancedInterrogator because: got my thumbs reversed, sorry.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
Unfortunately, you can declare most (if not all) natural mountain formations as suspect pyramids.
None of those in that slide-show seem particular interesting to me.

Thanks for sharing the link though.

edit on 2013-7-16 by EnhancedInterrogator because: got my thumbs reversed, sorry.

typical of the view, of the mainstream archeologist and geologists and geo-archaeologist, if it doesn't fit their view blow it off and call it natural or a fake some one made.

then when someone goes out and finds something, they make out like they knew it was entirely possible.
edit on 16-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Very interesting!
But if they really are hidden pyramids, the site will be taken over, and we will only hear about what they want us to know was there, or they will say they had already been looted.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

may possibly be unlooted.

Let's go see if this statement is true......Actually I am already late for my plane.....talk to ya later....

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

The Fayum ones sound possible the others look like rocks. Lots of pyramid shaped hills in the world.

The Fayum's appeared to have made subjected to a site survey despite the odd wording of the article it was an area used by the AE.

As with many things archaeological we'll have to wait.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Reminds me of what happens a lot on Mars. Now if they happen to turn out to be non-natural structures that will be very interesting.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Most pyramids are found in the center of fairly large ancient cities, or at least areas that show a lot of traffic. I doubt if large pyramid complexes would be found out in the boondocks.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Correct except for those pyramids used primarily as tombs. These are not in cities but in necropoleis (plural of necropolis) or cemeteries near cities.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I just wanted to post this link to point out things like this are found from time to time.

BBC Link

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I read that there has never been a mummy actually found inside a pyramid. Is this true?

Edit: nvm!
edit on 17-7-2013 by denybedoomed because: Eta

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed
reply to post by Hanslune

I read that there has never been a mummy actually found inside a pyramid. Is this true?

Edit: nvm!
edit on 17-7-2013 by denybedoomed because: Eta

Despite the nvm which I think means, no never mind. Yes mummies or a burial have been found in pyramids, some in Mesoamerica and one unlooted one in Egypt

ATS thread of the pyramid tomb of Neferu-ptah

The most famous burial in of Pacal in Palenque's Temple of the Incriptions
edit on 17/7/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Very interesting. I'd say it's at least worth a look no?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It would be awesome if they found undisturbed pyramid tombs. There may well be some undisturbed tombs left, who knows?

But I'm getting some warning signals on this one:

- they are not affiliated with any university or mainstream archeologists. A BBC link posted earlier in this thread confirming two lost pyramids involved the University of Alabama at Birmingham and US Egyptologist Dr Sarah Parcak.
- they buried into one of them and found solid granite, not carved blocks of stone
- they want donations to continue their search, so they aren't being funded by say National Geographic

On their website, you have to pay monthly or yearly subscriptions just to see pictures of their digs:

www.satafoundation.org...

They say they used metal detectors and have detected gold. But other metals can return false signals like gold such as lead or aluminum. So they can't know for sure...

whiteselectronics.com...

Here is one of their videos, sounds and looks more like an infomercial:

Of course I could be wrong. Are you willing to donate to find out?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Fantastic thread idea.
My only contribution besides flags and stars is
to check out, www.ancientcanalbuilders.com...
Really right up this very alley and pissing mainstream
archeologists off, left and right.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wanna see real hidden pyramid? Look at this....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ionwind

Great video. One left-field thought though: It's a little disturbing that she's wearing a Skull'n Crossbones necklace (when we see her in picture at the end). Or is that a trendy Goth thing and i'm just showing my age?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Right, because those boondocks have never had anyone living on or near them ever...

Just because it doesn't look like anyone lives there now, or lived there to you doesn't mean, 1000, 2000, or say 5000 years ago someone didn't.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Gold in them hills I tell yee

Cool find OP hope we hear from the team soon with some huge discovery.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join