Obamacare contractor under investigation in Britain

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The British government has launched an investigation of Serco Group, parent company of the firm recently awarded $1.2 billion to manage key elements of the U.S. health-care law’s rollout.

www.washingtonpost.com...

What?

Why the hell would a foreign country have anything to do with US HEALTHCARE ?

hat contract, announced in late June, is among the largest Affordable Care Act grants

Grants? FREE Obama money

In the United Kingdom, Serco Group reportedly overbilled the government by “tens of millions of pounds” under a contract to monitor offenders on parole and individuals released on bail, according to an audit conducted by the country’s Justice Ministry.

Pounds? as they have more value than the US dollar.

So foreign companies are going to be running your so wonderful 'healthcare'.

Nothing against Britian here just how bout the US government more specially the party of the ACA stop outsourcing American jobs to where that 'management' should be in the first place, HERE.

I report you decide.
edit on 16-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
From your source.

That contract, announced in late June, is among the largest Affordable Care Act grants made so far, expected to cover the hiring of 1,500 workers who will process a wave of health coverage applications.

I'm not sure if they have to hire American workers for that grant however, but it would make sense.

I've been against this whole healthcare fiasco from the start. It's insane that they just didn't create anything new, they simply throw it into the hands of private industry more, while doing nothing to handle rising costs.

Another corporate power grab from the seat of the presidency.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
These are the companies the UK like to privatise our nationalised services too. Whether it be healthcare or policing, you can be sure Serco and G4S are looking to get a piece from these gold mines.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That’s great, isn’t it?

Now we know what lies ahead with absolute certainty!

Anyone wishing to predict how a nationalized health care system would work in the United States should look no further than the one that has existed for many years here in the UK.

Long waiting periods for routine surgeries such as knee and hip replacements are the norm. More serious procedures can take months just to get on a schedule. People here often envy stories from Americans of how we can get quick appointments with our primary care physicians, noting they often have to wait weeks just for an appointment and then even longer for treatment. There are legions of stories reported by the newspapers of people who have died while waiting for surgery.
www.foxnews.com...

I pray for a miracle during the next mid-term election so we get either a full repeal or a complete defunding of Obamacare. If that doesn't happen, say good bye to our heath care system.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

There is a big media campaign to rubbish britains health service, opening it up to companies like Serco swooping like vultures.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I pray for a miracle during the next mid-term election so we get either a full repeal or a complete defunding of Obamacare. If that doesn't happen, say good bye to our heath care system.

Naw....

Your prayers will be unanswered. Republicans haven't done enough to say this is an Obamanation.....

Congress is do nothing, so why not walk out everyday in Protest?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm not sure if they have to hire American workers for that grant however, but it would make sense.

So we the taxpayer are subsidizing that multinational Serco to hire people who will be giving out that 'free money' and that is either going to be either American citizens or British.

Or did I read that wrong?

But the cash all ends up at the same place Serco.

Oh and they do medicare, and medicaid to!
edit on 16-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So we the taxpayer are subsidizing that multinational Serco to hire people who will be giving out that 'free money' and that is either going to be either American citizens or British.

From what I gather yes. Furthermore, if it's anything like government grants in Canada, they'll use temporary foreign workers to fill those posts, which, since they have work visas will probably count under 'hiring American'.

But the cash all ends up at the same place Serco.

All the taxpayer money ends up in the hands of one corporation or another Neo. When's the last time you got a check that was worth anything from your government?!

Corporate welfare is a way bigger business than social welfare.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

From what I gather yes. Furthermore, if it's anything like government grants in Canada, they'll use temporary foreign workers to fill those posts, which, since they have work visas will probably count under 'hiring American'.

That makes sense because they would be using their own to set that up.

When's the last time you got a check that was worth anything from your government?!

Thats funny a anyone getting that pittance get's more taken out in taxation.

So that would be a never.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Youd do know right that in the UK you can still pay to go private just like the USA?
NHS or not healthcare at all.

And Fox news really?
I guess Foxnews and MSN is bad unless its reporting on a another country then its good

Trust me our NHS is far from perfect but the majority of Brits would not give it up and its one of our most fiercly protected things.

say good bye to our heath care system.

What healthcare system ?

The same private one thats similiar to the private one that exists in the UK along side the NHS?

The same one that will leave poor people in crippling debt?

Im not Obamacare supoerter I thinks it a absolutly stupid way to impliment affordable healthcare.

edit on 16-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

That’s great, isn’t it?

Now we know what lies ahead with absolute certainty!

Anyone wishing to predict how a nationalized health care system would work in the United States should look no further than the one that has existed for many years here in the UK.

Long waiting periods for routine surgeries such as knee and hip replacements are the norm. More serious procedures can take months just to get on a schedule. People here often envy stories from Americans of how we can get quick appointments with our primary care physicians, noting they often have to wait weeks just for an appointment and then even longer for treatment. There are legions of stories reported by the newspapers of people who have died while waiting for surgery.
www.foxnews.com...

The NHS works perfectly well in those parts of the country which aren't being over-run by benefits-seeking immigrants. That leads to the consequence that most doctors and nurses haven't been trained in the UK and the service is busy treating people with rickets, genetic deformities from inbreeding and tuberculosis.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

In the UK I can walk into ANY hospital and get fixed up, when I leave I dont get billed, I get more free followup help.

In the area where I live serco are the company that empty our trash bins.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by neo96

In the UK I can walk into ANY hospital and get fixed up, when I leave I dont get billed, I get more free followup help.

Anyone can walk in to a US hospital and get 'all fixed' up people need to stop acting like they can't.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by neo96

Anyone can walk in to a US hospital and get 'all fixed' up people need to stop acting like they can't.

Well I never said they couldn't, but that IS what I've been led to believe.
So, if I were in the US, I could walk into a hospital for medical aid, receive it, and leave without having to pay for it.
I that correct?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Well I never said they couldn't, but that IS what I've been led to believe. So, if I were in the US, I could walk into a hospital for medical aid, receive it, and leave without having to pay for it. I that correct?

Medical care is not free anywhere because there is someone else actually quite a few million someone else paying for it.

Wonder what the wonderful world of medicine would look like if everyone was using it and hardly anyone paying for it?

Oh I know like medicare and medicaid.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by VoidHawk

Well I never said they couldn't, but that IS what I've been led to believe. So, if I were in the US, I could walk into a hospital for medical aid, receive it, and leave without having to pay for it. I that correct?

Medical care is not free anywhere because there is someone else actually quite a few million someone else paying for it.

Wonder what the wonderful world of medicine would look like if everyone was using it and hardly anyone paying for it?

Oh I know like medicare and medicaid.

In the UK we ALL pay for it, its a small payment called National Insurance, part is paid by the employee, and part is paid by the employer. It's a payment taken from a persons earnings before they even receive them so it gives the illusion of being a free service. For the disabled and those who cant work etc it really is free.

But now that we have corporations who instead of employing one person for a full weeks work, they employ three people part time, By doing this they don't have to pay their part (less than 16 hours), and the employee's dont earn enough to pay theirs either, so now the system is seriously underfunded.
It used to be a fantastic system because everyone received medical treatment without the hassle of worrying about debt.
Just imagine a system where everyone is happy, that's what we HAD.

new topics
top topics

join