It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Did God (Yahweh) have a Wife...?

page: 2
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Not sure, but after he kicked Adam and Eve out of paradise He seems to have become more of a voyeur of the good and bad things 6 billion people get up to every day.

Being omnipotent and watching it all He might get disinterested, and that's when Satan comes and tattle-tales on people as an agent, just to make sure God gets upset.

It's probably a bit like a huge spying organization in the sky.
With constant powers of surveillance like that one probably doesn't have time for a wife.

Besides, God made Adam for His pleasure, and Eve for his creation's pleasure.
There is no record of a human female before that, or such an image.

God can expand Himself as He wishes, and since He doesn't need to procreate He can be all male without creating an incomplete version of Himself (and women were viewed as "incomplete men" for a very long time).

So I guess in the purely old patriarchal reading - no God doesn't need a wife.
If He had one I suppose He wouldn't have bothered creating Adam.
edit on 16-7-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)




posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by rickymouse
 



Yahweh is more like....Benevolent teacher


More like malevolent dictator...





People made him that way, Everyone wants their god to be just like themselves.



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft
 



However in a recent Canaanite dig site (about 30 years ago) archeologists discovered an artifact which contained an inscription of both the names Yahweh and his Consort Asherah, together, which dates to about the 8th century BC. There’s also an historic problem distinguishing the difference between an Israelite and a Canaanite based solely on historical evidence.



So the big question is, is this Mother/God aspect, a universal truth, that’s been kept hidden away by Monotheistic beliefs, on purpose?, or is it all just Pagan lies…?


From an archaeological point of view, those findings only demonstrate that people had the habit of attaching partners to God. It does not automatically mean that the idea of a "mother" God was THE truth that was hidden away by monotheistic beliefs.

As for God's "wife".... the practice of attaching partners to the One God was by itself a corruption of the original monotheistic religion. Not the other way round, i.e - monotheism emerging from something that was not monotheism.







edit on 17-7-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
My 2 cents,and a logical answer.

No,other wise what was hell for?A warmer get away trip? Was he blowing off steam?

Some things we'll never know.



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by windword
 



God is law. Not a person with emotions, hopes, needs and fears.


WHAT? Law? I guess some worship it, its mainly crimes against humanity and something that needs to be thrown away and revamped. There is no intrinsic reason for law, its domination.

The only real law, and its not God, its just the natural cause and effect and would exist in communities in the jungle, is the thou shalt not harm concepts, no rape, no murder, no frauds, because you'd be run out of the village or worse.

God is infinite consciousness and we're all a part of this infinite consciousness, that never comes together for that would finiteness.

And many "laws" are crimes.



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The bible's God is the opposite in most cases, ie. smiter, wants blood sacrifice, sounds like saturn to me. However, the real Love/God/Goodness is Infinite Consciousness expressed in finite spirits, us and all beings, who are infinite parts of infinite, and there is a collective Spirit as well.

But the whole bible takes place in us, and so the allegories mean something different when you search for the metaphors and inner story, and then turn it outer, ie turn the candy inside out, to the fundamental, hence you get the opposite being, because those stories aren't about a smiting god, but processes of overcoming the shadow in us. Meditating. Awakening.

That Spirit is expressed in Infinite rays or expressions of itself, and some are Mother attributes and some are Father attributes, none are smiting when progressed and loving.

So yes, there is Mom and Dad.
edit on 17-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by windword
 



God is law. Not a person with emotions, hopes, needs and fears.


WHAT? Law? I guess some worship it, its mainly crimes against humanity and something that needs to be thrown away and revamped. There is no intrinsic reason for law, its domination.


With all due respect, I think that you're confusing the "law of god" with religion. Two different things.



The only real law, and its not God, its just the natural cause and effect and would exist in communities in the jungle, is the thou shalt not harm concepts, no rape, no murder, no frauds, because you'd be run out of the village or worse.

God is infinite consciousness and we're all a part of this infinite consciousness, that never comes together for that would finiteness.

And many "laws" are crimes.


I contend that God is not a person, but a force, or the source of all creation; an embedded law. Like PI is an intrinsic law, if one "letter of the law", or in this case if one number is changed, it's no longer PI.

We might not understand the laws of the universe, but we are still following them.




edit on 17-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft
 


No i do not have a woman if that's what your asking. Nor do i think there is a woman out there who could satisfy me and not anger me.

I simply cannot handle the rattling of a seed in a pod. The constant movement of the mouth. And the
potencial to take certain habits out of my life which i don't want changed at all. There is no freedom
in concorting with a woman or any person really. So id much rather be alone than to have to make
constant compromises just to make someone else happy does not appeal to me at all.

I may have chased tail around a couple years ago. But When you figure out you should listen to your intuition. And mines telling me Not to waste time on pointless quests that lead to unhappyness and pain.

i have enough of that in my life thank you, without the need of drama. Lol. A wife? Maybe a long time ago sure. but not in these modern times. Everyone is to mundane. Unless shes a badass in everyway possible....
Nah. Even then i still wouldn't. Im not down with the male to male compition. Im not an ape. Im RH negative. And iv went through heavy genetic changes where i have seen physical differences. Such as my eye color changing to green.

Im a pretty solitary person. And Dislike being in crowds of people. I also Dislike drama. And girls tend to bring all of these into your life. Its just better to not deal with it at all. Am i lonly? no. Far from it. Am i content that i am alone? You betcha. Its a load of stress off my chest not having to check up on someone constantly and having to think up crap to make them happy constantly. Or dealing with when they are upset and they say * im fine* a bunch of times. I won't deal with it Period. It's stupid. And Its a waste of time.

So tell me. Why would Yahweh have a wife? lol. I doubt a woman that appeal exists on this planet and if she does shes taken. Im not the pointless effort quest type of guy. But many of you are. So i guess you see the point in having such pointless things.

Where the true beauty of life and love existing in burying seeds and watching them grow. Creating feilds of flowers and mighty forests. Carving clean rivers into a diced landscape by a carful hand on the canvas.
Paint you a picture, One to streak across the heavens.




edit on 17-7-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952
 





Originally posted by Charles1952
We can come up with "what ifs" all day long. It is a good exercise in creativity, but I happen to know the real truth.

Yes, God was married, but she divorced him. She couldn't stand living with a know-it-all.


Hilarious…Bravo…

Couldn’t she have just taken a leap of faith, and stuck with the Guy, threw the thick and thin…?

- JC



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 





Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Christianity is one of the youngest religions currently in existence. Do you really think its components are original? No. No they are not. Most of them are in fact pagan in origin, so be careful when saying "pagan lies", because almost all of your beliefs and practices came from pagans


If you were to ask the Question, Is something X, or is it all just “government lies”…that doesn’t mean you believe that your “government lies” or is lying on a particular subject etc…, it probably means you’re undecided on the issue…You would simply just be asking the question…

Anyway point taken… I’m aware of the Pagan elements, but I think some of them, might actually be universal truths…

- JC



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight
 





Originally posted by EnochwasRight
Interesting thread. Did you read my last two threads? Link.. LINK..

Mother is Aleph Mem (Strength of the Waters). Father is Aleph Bet (Strength of the House). The word alphabet are the letters building the house. The Son (Christ) is the Word from the letters and in the waters of life. Son is Bet Nun (House of the Seed). Any living being involved in the waters of life are from the three original members of the family. DNA and the Tree of Life are the letters rendered into form. The mother is the Spirit of the Trinity. Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Maybe this helps your search.


Thanks, this was the type of response I was looking for…

Yes, I saw both your threads, looks very interesting, just wasn’t sure what to make of it…

I will respond to you on your later thread…

Disclosure of Families in the Universe - Proof we already know

- JC



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yes and her name was Yahweehna.



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw
 





Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
No i do not have a woman if that's what your asking.


Well, unless your Yahweh or God, then I wasn’t asking…



Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
Nor do i think there is a woman out there who could satisfy me and not anger me.


I don’t know you very well, but maybe you’ve just had bad luck, in the female department…



Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
I simply cannot handle the rattling of a seed in a pod. The constant movement of the mouth. And the potencial to take certain habits out of my life which i don't want changed at all. There is no freedom in concorting with a woman or any person really. So id much rather be alone than to have to make constant compromises just to make someone else happy does not appeal to me at all.

I may have chased tail around a couple years ago. But When you figure out you should listen to your intuition. And mines telling me Not to waste time on pointless quests that lead to unhappyness and pain.


Man, that’s quite a perspective you have there…maybe you’ve jut been unlucky in love, as they say.




Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
i have enough of that in my life thank you, without the need of drama. Lol. A wife? Maybe a long time ago sure. but not in these modern times. Everyone is to mundane. Unless shes a badass in everyway possible....
Nah. Even then i still wouldn't. Im not down with the male to male compition. Im not an ape. Im RH negative. And iv went through heavy genetic changes where i have seen physical differences. Such as my eye color changing to green.

Im a pretty solitary person. And Dislike being in crowds of people. I also Dislike drama. And girls tend to bring all of these into your life. Its just better to not deal with it at all. Am i lonly? no. Far from it. Am i content that i am alone? You betcha. Its a load of stress off my chest not having to check up on someone constantly and having to think up crap to make them happy constantly. Or dealing with when they are upset and they say * im fine* a bunch of times. I won't deal with it Period. It's stupid. And Its a waste of time.


Have ever considered writing a love song lol (sorry, whacky sense of humor)



Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
So tell me. Why would Yahweh have a wife? lol. I doubt a woman that appeal exists on this planet and if she does shes taken. Im not the pointless effort quest type of guy. But many of you are. So i guess you see the point in having such pointless things.


“Pointless things”…

Good luck with the backlash of female responses to that one…



Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
Where the true beauty of life and love existing in burying seeds and watching them grow. Creating feilds of flowers and mighty forests. Carving clean rivers into a diced landscape by a carful hand on the canvas.
Paint you a picture, One to streak across the heavens.


Couldn’t you paint a picture, of you and your twin flame, streaking (excuse the phraseology here lol) across the Heavens, hand in hand, like true love…?

Seriously though - to answer your question above - Why would God/Yahweh have a wife?

I see God as a spiritual force, which has a masculine power property aspect to it. The question is, does this force have a opposite feminine force, which either separately, or together would form God in his completeness…?


- JC



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw
 





Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw



Wow, that was a really cool song…


But you should think of a Woman/Wife, as your best friend….

Something like this…




- JC



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   


Text The Bible claims that Abraham arrived in Canaan and then set up a unique belief system based on a Monotheism…a belief in just one God. And then some 6-7 hundred years later, Joshua is said to have conquered Canaan which then completely established monotheism. In the pantheon of Canaan, however their God Ale (who was a Canaanite God) had a wife, a female God Consort, who’s name was Asherah. And Asherah worship is mentioned quite a few times, taking place within Jerusalem in the OT.
reply to post by Joecroft
 


I am not a scholar by any means but it is my understanding that before the mysteries of Babylon was the belief of Monotheism of Adams God . This was perverted by some but mostly was obliterated by the flood of Noah. It was Nimrod who was the father of perversion and he was known as Ninus. Nimrod (Ninus) was the builder of Nineveh which is known as the habitation of Ninus.

Nimrod (Ninus) is said to be the son of Belus or Bel who is said to have been the founder of Babylon. Bel is said to have been none other than Cush for Cush begat Nimrod. Cush was the son of Ham or Her-mes or Mercury. Her-mes is the Egyptian synonym for the son of Ham.

Nimrod (Ninus) took Semiramis as his wife who became known as the deified queen of Babylon and builder of towers. She eventually overshadowed Nimrod and outlived him by a great number of years. But my point is this. Is Asherath (Ashtaroth) the only queen of heaven in the OT? The reason I ask is that Semiramis is also known as the deified queen of heaven. Are the two the same? Are not both Chaldee? I might be all screwed up but maybe you can set me right.



posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
You ever study greek mythology in school? Did you sit there and ask to prove the existence of these characters before deciding if the topic was worth discussion or debate?

No, I knew without asking that the topic wasn't worth debating.



Why is it that Judeo-chiristan beliefs just ain't worth the time to scrutiny, why not discuss the early formations and sects that rose up around arguably the most influential religion the world has ever known?

It's perfectly fine to discuss the early formations and sects that rose up around arguably the most influential religion the world has ever known. Discussing a possible wife or pet of god is not.



posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft
 


Historically, yes, the Phoenician mother-goddess Ašerah was the consort of the Canaanite supreme-god El (sometimes called Il). Ašerah was a goddess of the sea, while El was a god of the sky/storms. This is a common pairing, sea and sky being the sovereign deities.

Now, whether or not El is YHVH is up for debate.

Personally, I feel that YHVH developed over time and space, based on the cultures that the Hebrews encountered during their wanderings.

They borrowed from Enlil in Babylon (the Hebrew's never encountered the Sumerians). They borrowed from Amun, the All-Father of the New Kingdom in Egypt. It's highly likely that Phoenician/Canaanite figures like El and Ba'al were influential as well, since the Levant was very coveted by the Jews, and eventually taken by them. And lastly, the power, appearance, and mentality of Zeus (himself an amalgamation of Anatolian and Indo-European figures) was almost certainly thrown into the mix when the Jews encountered the Greeks during their travels.

Did YHVH have a consort? Almost certainly during the gestation period of Judaism, as it rose out of the ancient West Asian polytheistic beliefs. Did YHVH's wife, Ašerah, stick around once the Jews began migrating? Almost certainly not. Ašerah was a coastal mother-goddess, the Jews did not stay put on the coast. YHVH traveled with them, Ašerah most likely did not.


~ Wandering Scribe



posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Seede
 





Originally posted by seede
Nimrod (Ninus) took Semiramis as his wife who became known as the deified queen of Babylon and builder of towers. She eventually overshadowed Nimrod and outlived him by a great number of years. But my point is this. Is Asherath (Ashtaroth) the only queen of heaven in the OT? The reason I ask is that Semiramis is also known as the deified queen of heaven. Are the two the same? Are not both Chaldee? I might be all screwed up but maybe you can set me right.


Well, I’m not exactly an expert in Greek mythology, and I was hoping someone could enlighten me, on the Babylonian aspects. But I don’t see how Semiramis could be Asherah; I can’t see a way to connect the two together.

The Chaldean Dynasty didn’t start until 6th Century BC, (beggining in 626 BC and ending in 539 BC) and the artifact found in Cannon, (An inscription of Yahweh and Asherah together) was dated to the 8th century BC.

And even if they somehow traversed the time gap, why would they deify Semiramis along side Yahwey…?


-JC



posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless
 


Lack of proof doesn't mean lack of existence, prove God doesn't exist?



posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
Lack of proof doesn't mean lack of existence, prove God doesn't exist?

You can't prove anything about something that doesn't exist. Isn't that obvious?

But you are free to spend your time speculating whether or not there is a pink invisible elephant-ghost living under your left thumbnail. Neither me nor you can prove that it doesn't exist. Only a fool takes that as interesting and thereby starts to think it might exist.

Same goes with god.



new topics




 
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join