It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confused, bemused and frightened Juror retracts Book proposal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Sounding very unintelligent, somewhat illiterate, confused, and ridiculous on the CNN network interview juror b37 who it was reported yesterday was getting a book deal from a Major agent seems to have gotten cold feet after a twitter rampage on the agent.

"Tuesday, Jul 16, 2013 12:05 PM EDT
How Twitter stopped the Zimmerman juror’s book

It’s not even close to justice, but at least it’s one less thing to be enraged out today. George Zimmerman trial juror B-37 will not, in fact, be cashing in on the death of a teenaged boy and shopping around for a book deal. So there’s that.

On Monday, literary agent Sharlene Martin, who has represented Raffaele Sollecito’s “Honor Bound: My Journey to Hell and Back with Amanda Knox,” MaryJo Buttafuocco’s “Getting It Through My Thick Skull” and Ron Goldman’s family’s “If I Did It: Confessions of the Killer,” announced she had signed the anonymous juror and her attorney husband to “begin working on a book proposal and submitting it to interested publishers.” Seemed like a perfect fit, right? And that evening, B-37 herself, in her apparent first step toward literary stardom, sat down – albeit in deep shadow – with CNN’s Anderson Cooper.

It was not surprising that a member of the team that acquitted Zimmerman of the murder of Trayvon Martin should display a belief that Zimmerman’s actions were justified. Nevertheless, B-37′s steadfast assertion that “I think both were responsible” for what happened on the night of February 26, 2012, and her simultaneous declaration that “I feel sorry for both of them” somehow still felt shocking. As did her qualified response that she would trust Zimmerman on a neighborhood watch “If he didn’t go too far.”

www.salon.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Why not make a book?

They've already allowed it to be so Public it's not like it's already going to be.

If they didn't want this to be a book, don't put this in the public's greedy hands.

Anything of fame in this day and age is quickly sold out from under it's very definition.

The nerve of people, here is public opinion, but you cannot write further about it, only I can since I wanted more attention on it. ?!?! really?

You make a public court trial and then somehow get mad only when someone wants to write a book about it, not mad about it being public in the 1st place. So sad we will shun a sole person for wanting to make money off this sad event.

But I guess everyone is ok with CNN, FOX, MSNBC, CURRENT, REUETERS, BBC, etc making money off the ratings, the interviews, the newpaper articles, the blogs, the websites, the google searches, the youtube, the people in the various cities who have already caused violence on this matter being public.

But let's all gang up on a juror who wanted to write a book, nevermind the media companies doing the same thing.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
Sounding very unintelligent, somewhat illiterate, confused, and ridiculous on the CNN network interview ..

Sounding very intelligent; well read; understanding of the law and the situation; and relieved not to have to be on the jury anymore, the juror gave a very good interview on CNN. She went over how the jury came to the decision that they did. She spoke about the credibility of Lead Detective Serino as well as how they did not find the testimony of Racheal Jeantel to be believable. This Jurorist did everything by the book. Kudos to her.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have watched the situation from the beginning, maybe i should get a book deal...

but who would buy it, all you needed for the last year is a tv to see everything. Hell n i bet its all on you tube now, so no need for tv.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Ridiculous. Anyone who wants to write something & get their point of view of something out should be able to do it (unless legally prohibited, that is) God, what are we in America if not control freaks? Pushing for silence through violence, intimidation, harassment and the like is so very fascist. Way to go, decrying the reduction of free speech while socially killing off free speech, one intimidated person at a time

new topics

top topics

join