It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian War games include 160,000 troops, 5,000 tanks and dozens of ships.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

The Russians can't put 5,000 tanks into action for this exercise or for anything else for that matter. So unless you've got photos or reliable accounts to the contrary I'm afraid that you, me & your purveyor of stars will have to "agree to disagree".

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Russia have about 2 867 tanks, and 10 720 Armored Fighting Vehicles.

Only China would have the capasity to muster 5000 tanks in these war games. They have about 7 950 tanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Incorrect. Russia now have about 20 000 tanks in arsenals. It is INTENDED to scale it down tenfold, while replacing eqipment to top-notch one. So 5 000 is possible.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
reply to post by stumason

The Russians can't put 5,000 tanks into action for this exercise or for anything else for that matter. So unless you've got photos or reliable accounts to the contrary I'm afraid that you, me & your purveyor of stars will have to "agree to disagree".

The Russians do indeed have this many "tanks" - note, tanks in the media could mean anything from an MBT to an IFV or even a simple APC - in which case Russia has tens of thousands of the bloody things.

Now, with some digging for a reputable source for Russians vast armoured forces, I went to Janes who just happened to have an article on this very excercise. Note their wording is not "tanks" but "armoured vehicles" and they quote a figure of 1,000, not 5,000, although they keep the 160k thousand troops figure.

Janes article on this excercise

Other sources I have found put the maximum number of MBT's (not including IFV's or APC's) that Russia could put into the field is around the 5,000 mark with a larger number of tanks in storage, but would need work to make them serviceable. Like I said before, many are cold war era relics - during the which, the Russians outnumbered NATO tanks significantly - all of those tanks from 1991 onwards were largely placed into warehouses, with a smaller number being rolled out, given some upgrades and sold to the usual customers.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well well, you were one of those who was laughing when about a year ago i was saying about the prophecies about WW3 and Russia. I was saying that Russia has the power to fight alone the NATO and you were not believing it.

Thankfully, you have opened your eyes to see the truth.

The numbers you gave are the official numbers only. However, if you read Russian, Serbian and Greek military magazines you will find other unofficial numbers. According to them, Russia herself is almost able to compete NATO in fire power! Based on the programming Russia and the NATO has done until 2018, Russia alone will have the same fire power with NATO but also more sophisticated and fatal weaponry.

Currently only in the Mediterranean Sea Russia has 12-15 ships ( the numbers differ based on the resource you have, Russians say 12, Serbians and Greeks say 15) armed with 5000 men ready to invade to Syria if Israel, Jordan or Turkey try to attack. The Serbians and the Greeks also mention the existance of submarines near Cyprus while the Russians deny it.

All that i can say for sure is that every one fears Russia. No one has attacked Syria. Why? Cause Russia did not want any attacks on Syria. Are they afraid of Russia? Obviously they do. Why? Cause Russia has returned and its able to face US. Is that good? For me it is. For the others, i can't say...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusChristwins

I don't recall the exact threads, but I admit, that could have been me. I've learned a great deal in the last year or so on what arms levels and more importantly, future intentions actually are. Putin has been a very busy guy. He wasted no time during the period Medvedev gave him off the spotlight to work quietly. They're building (and in some areas, have built) something that would have given Reagan a moment of pause with a man who would have done more than given a simple moment, I believe.

Indeed, I was skeptical and so has the entire world generally been. You're right though, Russia is back and it's not simply running bomber patrols against Northern airspace like the old days or overflying Guam the same way. I think it's seeing how much has been quietly assembled behind those displays to give the confidence to have done them at all. They're definitely back, but still not obvious to everyone.

Syria might be their 'coming out' event for Russia 2.0. The biggest thing now is, unlike the 80's? They're doing this without debt this time. They learned. They crashed as much from debt that the world didn't even realize existed and grown exponentially until the late 80's, as anything else. Much like we are now. While today, they are within the ability to clear their own debt load to 0 with what they actually have available.

It's almost 100% reversed from 1989. Not a good spot to be in

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Nowadays, the world's Presidents and Prime Ministers are being controlled by the NWO. Except two guys, Putin and Medvedev. Although they have taken some minor measures to help NWO plans, i strongly believe and have proofs about it that they are only doing it to earn some time until Russia is fully ready to unleash its power.

The thing that supports this point of view are the travels Kissinger has done to Russia the last 12 months. He has travelled there 3-4, i am not sure about the exact number but they were either 3 or 4, in order to "watch closely the steps Russia has done towards the protection of the climate". In which universe the NWO cares about the climate!? Henry Kissinger went there to promote the Agenda 21, which is the Agenda which includes the plan about the fake world climates crisis, and also to force Putin and Medvedev take some measures in favor of NWO.

Another thing that supports this point of view is that Putin and Medvedev are the only really Orthodox President and Prime Minister. I say really as due to facts and photos i have found on the web, the Presidents and the Prime Miisters of the other Orthodox nations are Masons and either they have Hebrew origins or America 's origins ( i am talking about Serbia, Ukraine, Bulgaria and Greece). It is not lucky that the NWO wants to exterminate the Orthodoxs from the surface of Earth.

To give you more details about this, the tribe of Gaddafi were believing in some of the saints of the Orthodox church. The majority of Syria's populace were Orthodox Christians and they also believed in some of the Orthodox's saints as well as to the Mother of GOD. Now, more info about Syria. In Syria there were about 300,000 Greek Orthodox Christians before the war. Based on the Official numbers of the Greek State Department since the beginning of the war, it is a war and not a civil war, 80,000 of the 300,000 have been killed by the Muslims, 200,000 have been forced to leave their homes and migrate inside Syria and 20,000 have migrated to Greece. Watching the situation in the middle East and reading on the web you can find out that the NWO's plan is to expand the Muslims and to exterminate the Orthodoxs from that area. The Muslim mercenaries both in Libya and Syria are being paid by the sheikh of united arab emirates. The government of Turkey and Egypt took very hard measures and passed laws based on what the koran and as a result the people got on the roads to protest.

Their "game" is extremely complicated and no matter from which perspective you will see it, it is very stabilized and it cannot fall by the normal people like us. So from where i see WW3 is something that will help the humanity get rid of the NWO. They do not wish any war to happen, especially a World War. If you see around the globe every nation which has been in war, except the USA, has called a truce. The future will be way too difficult for the humanity, as it seems. Number of fire power are getting bigger and bigger every minute that passes. Secret weapons are being revealed in public view ( watch the video below for the use of a plasma ray the Russians have been designing since the 90s, it is not a ufo that shoots the burning falling ufo as the video title says, it was a Russian plasma ray). Imagine what weapons Russia and the US possess that are not being revealed to the public. All that i can say is that after WW3 humanity will be much less than the 7 billion people it has now.

and

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
How many of those 5,000 tanks, are truly ready for armored warfare, in 2013? I'm guessing, a very small amount.
edit on 16-8-2013 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb
How many of those 5,000 tanks, are truly ready for armored warfare, in 2013? I'm guessing, a very small amount.

Russia has 22,800 main battle tanks with 6,500 of those being active.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm glad that Russia is flexing some muscle. As others have said above, it's a form of checks and balances. I would never want to under-estimate Russian combat capability. Many Western commentators think that Iraq's performance in Operations Desert Storm/ Iraqi Freedom are good indicators of Russian ability. I do not agree. I think the Russians would surprise everyone.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

two brothers brothers not, will some day join as one to fight a common foe. The new Russia and China Vs the big bad USof A ? just one more "if this be the two" out of a few, one thing is whom is the common foe? most will say the US of A.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb

Russia has always had an issue with the material condition of their equipment, along with the the training and logistics aspect.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I'm thinking I could safely have gone without knowing that reference exists out there...lol. It does fit, like a glove..doesn't it? Brothers by border and history, not brothers by fighting for most of it at one level or another. Now? Allied and working closer than ever before. Indeed.....

I'll wish I hadn't asked, I'm sure...but what reference did that come from? Nostradamus? Sounds a bit like his cryptic tone.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

I do think so it is one i can not remember whom stated, it but is so true today's world. Chian and Russia where once enemy's now it seems they are friends er brothers, although this could have been fulfilled in ww2 US Briton taking on Hitler but then the it was a world war , this seems to me more of a 2 one one prophecy. here are just a few links proving such latinbusinesstoday.com... www.upi.com... and here is a vid
and the the one in July www.defensenews.com... lot of war gaming going on as if getting ready for a big move to or on whom is the question.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

That man's eyes (Putin) hold about as much warmth and sympathy as a crocodile. I don't mind saying, especially with current U.S. leadership? I honestly feel pangs of true fear at the prospect of war with Russia as the opponent. I don't think Putin even experiences empathy or compassion in the sense we'd think of it. I just don't see anything but calculation and cold logic in his eyes..and your video gives such a clear view as few do up close.

I'd love to see him in person to get a better read but I'd love even more to just see peace among the world's major powers. No one ultimately wins when the BIG bullies go to having it out and settling old scores.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

well a crock has more love in its eyes lol ....but yea the look in them , the thoughts he must be thinking " when I am in DC the first hing I will do is sit on Lincoln's lap an slap his face, then the second go kick Obama in the arse, then make Denver my new Capital of the world whose gonna stop... you ? just try.... yea just try"

the above must be spoken in broken Russian english to get the full effect.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

For the first time in my life, I think we may actually have a President who would sue for peace before mustering the true force of the nation if 'total war' were the only realistic option in defense. It's never a thing I've doubted for a moment at any time in the past...but I could see Obama doing it. The fear is, Putin may be well aware of that by whatever analysis they all run on each other.

Some of whats happening certainly isn't good to see. Not at this moment in history, especially.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

how true it would not surprise me if Obama and Val crock eyes Putin have a closed door agreement
"You take US with out a shot being fired , with the Help of the UN, but I stay in the WH you can have Denver, no tax on vodka, agreed? "da agreed"
and here is the China act www.thehindu.com... they take the west coast and Idaho.

edit on 19-8-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusChristwins
Secret weapons are being revealed in public view ( watch the video below for the use of a plasma ray the Russians have been designing since the 90s, it is not a ufo that shoots the burning falling ufo as the video title says, it was a Russian plasma ray). Imagine what weapons Russia and the US possess that are not being revealed to the public. All that i can say is that after WW3 humanity will be much less than the 7 billion people it has now.

Complete fantasy theory. That video simply shows lens flare. Amazing how a simple thing is completely misinterpreted?. See posts and thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join