It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where was God Before He Created the Universe?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The conditions which were to become the impetus for the creation were forming within the "body" of God prior to the existence of the physical universe, and in the fullness of time, God gave "birth" to this creation through a tumultuous celestial sound or Word.

Prior to the creation, God was where he always was. The universe did not displace God, as even a child who is born does not displace the mother.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
Where was God as PeaceMaker, JUDGE settler of all squables. NOWHERE, allowed the inferior human to act as itself as both tyrant and swallower of SINS/indiscretions.
edit on 19-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Ever heard of Jesus, who is called Christ?

Jesus would not have been necessary if God was doing its job (good husbandry) in protecting and loving its creations human, (or the needless sacrifical animals killed in its name).
edit on 20-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

You seem to have some personal issues with God. I suggest you take that up with Him, not us.

Not at all, Im in understanding of the whole story, the God you percieve that ran this universe is GONE, and the other one that created IT as one of 12 'children'--Origin being the 13th, the parent has taken control. I converse with IT (not male/female) daily. It has problems with the undertaking the condition NOW of the human; sees it as bent, warped and manipulated to a degree its not sure it can fix the problem of human domination by outside evil forces that have been allowed; (reason? to feed on the base emotions of the human, fear, hatred, murder--never love). Laugh all you like at this senario but its true. Here is something you may not understand; your personal truth is the only one, and in having it you will once leaving this body will have envisioned for yourself your aftermath--(growth). You create it alone and is your deeply personal reality,just as you do while in gross matter form. The idea of 72 virgins is not so off target for extremests, the problem is its a FALSE presumption and does not last--after a short period of time the 'real deal' is presented and oops, back again to correct this notion on earth. I think all the rules have changed by now, so where those poor souls are winding up is anyones guess. I could ask.
edit on 21-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon
The conditions which were to become the impetus for the creation were forming within the "body" of God prior to the existence of the physical universe, and in the fullness of time, God gave "birth" to this creation through a tumultuous celestial sound or Word. Prior to the creation, God was where he always was. The universe did not displace God, as even a child who is born does not displace the mother.

All frequency, those of sound and light together created the 'word'.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

The only problem I have with your view of the scenario is that you tell us what is "true" and then say "truth is subjective." Which is it?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Creating each individual Galaxy,, once it was complete,, he then had a complete Universe.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Where was God before He created the Universe? We would not be able to understand His answer with our human or finite minds. "My thoughts are not your thoughts."

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Here is my understanding of the time line.....

1)God exists in infinity within a spiritual non-physical realm, he is alone.
How many eons are spent planning what he will build in the future both alive and inanimate is unknown.
2)At some point he acts on his planning making other beings, the first and which starts "time" because there is no other markers before that, is his first creation, Jesus Christ his son.
3) Then the angels
4) Using his infinite energy he transforms energy into matter, to us it looks like a "big bang" 15 billion years ago.
5)Later our sun, and solar system including our earth.

And all of that from point 2 on is embedded in this scripture.
Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

The time line is billions of years not thousands.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
For additional insight into this topic you might enjoy "Proof of Heaven" by Eben Alexander.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well, I posted a short description of how God created us and where we came from here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please read it carefully. It is the prerequisite for this information. Now, with that bit of knowledge, I will elaborate more about the origin of God. This is a pretty advance study. So bear with me as I put this into words and use of symbolism as well. Because the collective consciousness at this time is not high enough to understand these things without a lot of explanation. Now I realize that mankind is very confused concerning God because we have forgotten just about all of our knowledge since our fall. Mind you that not all of us fell, just a majority of people. Because some of us came here in a rescue mission.

Anyways, let us begin by saying that those who have a beginning must also have an end. But those of us who have no beginning, also have no end. Therefore, mortality means there is a beginning and an end, where immortality has no beginning nor end. Your Spirit or Conscious Self came from God. Therefore, it is immortal. Your Soul or Material Vehicle came from this "Material Universe," therefore it is mortal. When you were born as a baby, your physical body is mortal because it had a beginning. So what you see here is that you are a mortal and an immortal being. We already understand why we are mortals. The immortal part or Spirit came from the consciousness or mind of God. That is why it is immortal. The process of reincarnation can be performed due to this immortality part.

Now, we live in the "Material Universe" with 4 distinct areas (discussed in previous post). We also know it is the 7th Sphere of creation. Thus, there are 7 spheres in total leading all the way back to the Creator. Let's review, our "Material Universe" has the Physical Plane, Emotional Plane, Mental Plane, and finally the Identity Plane. Above the Identity Plane is the 6th Sphere, which is known by the Angelic Hosts as the Spiritual Realm or you might know it as Heaven. Anything above the Emotional Plane is known as Paradise. The Emotional Plane still has a lot of duality or battles of emotion. The fight between good vs evil still exist there. In the entirety of the 7 Spheres of Creation, we call this the "World of Form." Because everything in the 7 Spheres have some form or body that we can relate to. No matter how less dense it is way up there, there is still a form.

The Spiritual Realm or Heaven exists in the 5th Dimension. Therefore, it is outside of the mind of Man (in some circles, they call it the Death Consciousness). Nothing there is affected by what we do in the "Material Universe." The Law of One operates at full force in Heaven. There is no duality there (Ying Yang effect, opposites such as good vs evil, love vs hate, etc.).

The World of form is not where the Creator came from. This World of Form (the 7 Spheres of Creation) is only a creation of God. Moving beyond The World of Form or the Heavens, we have a place or consciousness called "Allness." In "Allness," there is no form. Everything here exist in total, I mean total ONENESS. But even in total Oneness, there are still individual personalities. These individuals are what we call the "Presences." Each Presence operates in total Oneness with each other. Because the mind of Man has so much separation in there consciousness (although it is an illusion), it is more than difficult to explain this Oneness. Anyways, each of the Presence are all Super Creators. Because of this Oneness, they wanted to experience a form of separation, just to see, feel, and learn how it is to feel this separation. That is why each of the Super Creators wanted to make a World of Form. They broke their consciousness into many pieces, each an individual like us to experience life in separation. Although their main consciousness is always in the World of Allness.

Time and Space do not exist neither in the Spiritual Realm nor the World of Allness. But in this world, most of us can't comprehend how it feels to live in a world without time. So God was never born in a sense that people on Earth understands. Because there is no time. God is beyond immortality. God is beyond time. God is even beyond Itself (for God is a force beyond masculine and feminine). He had no beginning nor an end. The concept of beginning and end is only a figment of the Duality Consciousness, also known as the mind of man I keep talking about. Time itself is an illusion--an illusion of "Horizontal Expansion." In the mind of God, He just is--just be.

I know I'm throwing a lot terms out there. It takes more than an intellectual mind to understand these things. Use the mind of God and you will know.

edit on 7/28/2013 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/28/2013 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by vethumanbeing

The only problem I have with your view of the scenario is that you tell us what is "true" and then say "truth is subjective." Which is it?

Thats the only problem you have with me? There is no truth, there is only the subjective nature of your interpretation of such; which has nothing to do with me, only yourself THAT SCREAMS to oneself quietly: (Listen).
edit on 28-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
16 years while doing a little county time (yeah, I was a fool back then) I was speaking to a hard core atheists, And when I say hard core, I mean hard core. You couldn't even open your Bible or anything without this guy butting in on your conversation. He was more of pest than anything. He just had to remind you that God was not real.

Anyway, me and this guy would go back and forth all day long about the topic, he would rattle me and I would rattle him, it was pretty entertaining. Not a day went by that he didn't come over and start asking me a ton of questions.

Despite our differences we ended up being pretty good friends.

But there is one question he asked that still puzzles me to this day, mainly because I have no idea.

He asked "Well if God created everything in the universe, where was He before He created it? One the edge of the universe or something?" Of course he ended that question with a sinister laugh

Normally I have some pretty fast comebacks, but that one stop me in my tracks. All I could say was "I have no idea" he goes "Well you think about that" and walks away with a grin

To this day I still haven't been able to come up with an answer that makes any sense.

Anyway, that's a little history about myself and where I first heard that question.

How would you have responded to that question? Naturally no one has the answer to this question, but a little speculation is fun from time to time.

So where do you think God was before He created the universe and everything in it?
edit on 16-7-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

RTS,

There is an easy answer to your question.

It is one of those questions that can only be posed in the context of an hypothesis that is logically impossible. In this case, the illogical hypothesis is not about the existence of God, but the properties mistakenly attributed to God. These errors were made by the Catholic Church when it adopted the God-definitions of Augustine of Hippo and Thomas Aquinas, intelligent but dreadfully ignorant men who knew nothing of physics, and who believed that the entire universe revolved around the flat earth on which they lived.

The mistakes they made were to define God as omniscient, omnipotent, and eternally unchanging. In the context of that definition, your roommate asked a telling question. He was one of your gifts from the universe, and you played a similar role for him. You deserve credit for admitting the intractability of his question. Few believers have that level of mental integrity. I'll count on that and propose a solution that you will not at first like, but which I invite you to consider over some time-- preferably free time.

(If you choose not to continue evaluating ideas, hark back to a point in your life where the universe put you in close confinement with someone who figured that his mission in life was to challenge your beliefs. There are few accidents.)

It is not necessary for the Creator of the Universe to be omniscient, omnipotent, or functionally eternal. The only requirement for such an entity is that it be powerful and intelligent enough to create a universe. In my opinion, such an entity must be capable of thought. I reached that conclusion while studying some aspects of the universe, marveling at the structure of atoms, molecules, and microbiological structures, and at the huge design bandwidth occupied by critters as diverse as orchids and warthogs.

If God can think, meaning, generate a new and creative thought, God cannot also be omniscient. God cannot create an idea or design if he already knows it.

There is another implication to the "thinking God" hypothesis. Examine your own thought processes and you will find a gradual buildup of knowledge from the moment of your birth. You can generate ideas now, based upon that which you have learned. In addition to acquiring static knowledge about the universe around you. you have also learned how to think. Somewhere along the way you acquired personal self-awareness, consciousness.

There was a period in your life during which you knew nothing. After birth your brain ran programs that included crying when uncomfortable, suckling, and waste elimination. You were not aware of any of those processes. As you grew, additional programs kicked in, impelling you to become mobile and put interesting things in your mouth. Eventually you learned the rudiments of language, and through that, communication, and through that, consciousness.

This is the way of all intelligent beings who are capable of conscious thought. God is such a being. Like you, he was born unconscious but even more devoid of knowledge than you, having no body with material needs, no brain full of programs to run.

Now you know what God was doing before creation--- thinking, learning, and developing consciousness.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join