It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where was God Before He Created the Universe?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

The statement "God created the universe" necessarily distinguishes "God" from "universe", and therefore uses a "narrow" definition, NOT including God.
So?
I think that the question presupposes that God is now living in the universe.
Why else would he ask where God lived before?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The big band is still a place and time, they just define it as a place very hot - that is it.

So instead of space you just had a hot area of space and it was made up of different ether.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207
There doesnt need to be a "before god"
Time is man-made. We assume everything has to have a beginning or end.
There may have not been a beginning, but that is too mind blowing to comprehend.Briles

YES, there is no 'before God' Briles mankind invented linear time. It does not exist OUT THERE where nothing is physical. Out There is a continueum, where everything (supposedly) happens all at once; or if you wanted to snatch and grab at possibilities, your God as you persceive it exists in the FUTURE.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by DISRAELI

The statement "God created the universe" necessarily distinguishes "God" from "universe", and therefore uses a "narrow" definition, NOT including God.
So?

God manifested because the human wished it into being.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I don't think that there is a direct cause and effect link as described in your post.

Once the universe was in existence and with people living in it, the main occupation of God would be to help those people trying to live in that universe.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I don't think that there is a direct cause and effect link as described in your post.

Once the universe was in existence and with people living in it, the main occupation of God would be to help those people trying to live in that universe.

HELP? YOU MUST BE KIDDING, or mistaken as to its intentions. CAUSE AND EFFECT--famine, strife, disease, war, murder (no apparent husbandry cause effect Ive seen in history to profligate the HERD)--I would like to know your God as it is not the one I KNOW (as a disapeared ENTITY that never showed ITSELF to us). Where was God as PeaceMaker, JUDGE settler of all squables. NOWHERE, allowed the inferior human to act as itself as both tyrant and swallower of SINS/indiscretions.
edit on 19-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
Where was God as PeaceMaker, JUDGE settler of all squables. NOWHERE, allowed the inferior human to act as itself as both tyrant and swallower of SINS/indiscretions.

Ever heard of Jesus, who is called Christ?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

-I would like to know your God as it is not the one I KNOW

I wish that I had an explanation for why it is that some people don't have a personal relationship with God.
I think it would make things simpler, at least for me, where I wouldn't have to go explaining the God who I know.
God is very real to me and very close and helps me as always since before I can remember.
As bad as things are, they would be much worse without God in the world.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

So?

There is only life and it is now - presence - the presence of the lord is now. It has never not been now and the presence is not somewhere or some when else.
God says worship no 'other' because reality (God) is not any 'other' time or place. There actually is no 'other' - 'other' only appears in mind and can deceive one into believing all sorts of things that are not.

There is no before or after - this is it. But the mind with it's words and concepts like 'before' and 'after' lead one astray.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

There is no before or after - this is it. But the mind with it's words and concepts like 'before' and 'after' lead one astray.
Where does the mind come up with the "words and concepts" about before and after?

I think that there is a serious problem in Christian thought when it comes to what things are future and what things are past.

Also, there has been a lot of death and destruction caused by conflicts over what happened before time began, which was a real waste (the so-called Arian problem).

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Where does the mind come up with the "words and concepts" about before and after?

I think that there is a serious problem in Christian thought when it comes to what things are future and what things are past.

Also, there has been a lot of death and destruction caused by conflicts over what happened before time began, which was a real waste (the so-called Arian problem).

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

There is only God. God produces words out of himself and the words lead God to places and times that do not exist so he can pretend to be man. In Gods dream of separation he has dramas and horrors and it feels like hell. God is playing hide and seek. When he has lost himself he does nothing but seek to return home.
Presence is his home but he plays in time so man can appear to have existence - although it is an illusionary existence (it is a dream of separation).
There is only presence.
This moment is arising in what you are - presence.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Which is your current existence in this universe as a human person.
I think that you are the one too wrapped up in past and future, trying to prove to yourself that you are something else other than what you seem to be.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Which is your current existence in this universe as a human person.
I think that you are the one too wrapped up in past and future, trying to prove to yourself that you are something else other than what you seem to be.

Can existence appear to exist any other time but presently?
Is the word 'presence' not used and pointed to in the bible?

There is nothing but presence!!
The seeing presence is the unseen presence and the seen presence is what is seen.
The unseen and the seen is what this is. There is nothing else - worship no other.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Do you mean like The Lord walking about in the garden?
Or do you mean a light burning above the wilderness tabernacle?
Something being "present".
I think that you may be inverting your own definition where you mix together being present (locational placement), and being in the present (temporal placement).

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Do you mean like The Lord walking about in the garden?
Or do you mean a light burning above the wilderness tabernacle?
Something being "present".
I think that you may be inverting your own definition where you mix together being present (locational placement), and being in the present (temporal placement).

Have you ever experienced anything but the present moment? You are always present or have you not noticed this fact?
The room that surrounds you is present and the noises you hear are happening presently.
'Past' and 'future' are words that appear presently.
All appears presently - nothing can appear any other time because in reality there is no 'other' - this is why God says worship 'no other' - presence is all but man is lost in time.
Man denies the presence in favour of time. Man is lost in becoming when there is no becoming.
It is Satan that went out from the presence of the lord.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The present is happening and it has never not be the present and will never not be the present.
God is the present happening.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
So were do you think God was before He created the universe and everything in it?

God is always here and now.
And man is there and then.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative

Where was God as PeaceMaker, JUDGE settler of all squables. NOWHERE, allowed the inferior human to act as itself as both tyrant and swallower of SINS/indiscretions.

Jesus would not have been necessary if God was doing its job (good husbandry) in protecting and loving its creations human, (or the needless sacrifical animals killed in its name).
edit on 20-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

-I would like to know your God as it is not the one I KNOW

I wish that I had an explanation for why it is that some people don't have a personal relationship with God.
I think it would make things simpler, at least for me, where I wouldn't have to go explaining the God who I know.
God is very real to me and very close and helps me as always since before I can remember.
As bad as things are, they would be much worse without God in the world.

For you questioning is not optional, for some others its insisted. That you are happy in your place at this time is a beautiful thing; and perhaps faith can do this, its 'acquiring it' is the hard part.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative

Jesus would not have been necessary if God was doing its job (good husbandry) in protecting and loving its creations human, (or the needless sacrifical animals killed in its name).
edit on 20-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

You seem to have some personal issues with God. I suggest you take that up with Him, not us.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join