It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where was God Before He Created the Universe?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I suppose you could answer that eternity is not linear and runs in every temporal direction, and that premise is impossible to experience or understand from the linear perspective that we exist within. It probably won't work as I have yet to encounter anyone on either side of the theism/atheism debate that joined it with a mind that was open to the possibility of changing their standpoint.
edit on 16-7-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

Now I think about it does anyone ever truly enter any debate prepared to have their view changed?. Which kind of negates the last part of this reply. Don't ever try and out think yourself, you will lose.
edit on 16-7-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
For me its one question.....

God created us in his image, So i would have to believe that god has a belly button, If god has a belly button the question is who is his mother and father

With that said

Man created god god did not create man,

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative
S&F for asking the difficult questions. Good job, OP.

I don't have a satisfactory answer that I can explain without strange theories which lack evidence.

God could've been "nowhere," but in effect, if he was all that was, he would've simultaneously been "everywhere."

God was God. It's like asking what color is sound. It's a question that cannot have a logical answer because it is itself not a logical question to ask.

EDIT: If you want to know where God existed before creation, it would first be helpful to know where God exists now.
edit on 16-7-2013 by GodIsRelative because: (no reason given)

That's a pretty deep answer
Wherever God exist now is most likely a billion times more amazing than the universe. Maybe it's in reverse, where the universe is nothing but light and goodness, but the stars are black for a reminder of those who rebelled. "And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it". John 1:1.

Speculation of course, but who knows.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

I've always subscribed to the theory that God is everything. "Fear not darkness. We are the darkness of this world and the light."

(And isn't John 1:1 the one that goes "In the beginning was the Word...?")

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024
For me its one question.....

God created us in his image, So i would have to believe that god has a belly button, If god has a belly button the question is who is his mother and father

With that said

Man created god god did not create man,

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons? I doubt it very much so your analogy is wrong.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Oh, I see. Emanation theory.
I didn't say anything about emanation.
I'm not using any theory other than what I made up myself as an interpretation of what I have read and otherwise experienced.
I think you have a universe in a fishbowl theory with God standing there with a hose filling up the tank.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

If the universe is expanding and by all evidence it is expanding what is it expanding into? Before the big bang what was the original speck point origin expanding into? You say space what is your definition of space? Is space infinite is matter infinite? If it is infinite how can that be? There was only so much original matter to begin with. What compressed it into the original speck with so much energy that would have to have more energy to compress it and it would have after it’s release. So where did this original force of compression come from and where did the matter come from that which was compressed?
I don't believe in a big bang.
I think there is newer evidence that the measurements and theories for an expanding universe were wrong.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative

I've always subscribed to the theory that God is everything. "Fear not darkness. We are the darkness of this world and the light."

(And isn't John 1:1 the one that goes "In the beginning was the Word...?")

I'm not sure I follow you. Can you go into more detail please?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

John says first that the LOGOS came into the world.
Which implies "from outside".

John 1:10
He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
(2011 NIV)

I don't see anything about "coming in".

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

If the universe is expanding and by all evidence it is expanding what is it expanding into? Before the big bang what was the original speck point origin expanding into? You say space what is your definition of space? Is space infinite is matter infinite? If it is infinite how can that be? There was only so much original matter to begin with. What compressed it into the original speck with so much energy that would have to have more energy to compress it and it would have after it’s release. So where did this original force of compression come from and where did the matter come from that which was compressed?
I don't believe in a big bang.
I think there is newer evidence that the measurements and theories for an expanding universe were wrong.

Please enlighten me are we living a static universe? A bubble within a bubble? Maybe Christ is holding us (everything in creation) in His hand.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Please enlighten me are we living a static universe? A bubble within a bubble? Maybe Christ is holding us (everything in creation) in His hand.
Maybe not exactly static but that it is in the form of a particular structure, and not just random placements resulting from everything just being flung out from a central point.
I don't think there needs to be bubbles since there is no actual detectable limits to anything.
I don't think that any one person is holding the position of keeping track of every detail of the universe.
Like I was saying earlier, I think there is a sort of entity "the universe" that behaves as one huge organism and is self-regulating according to fundamental physical laws.
The important thing I think is to recognize that the universe itself is not God.
edit on 16-7-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Maybe not exactly static but that it is in the form of a particular structure, and not just random placements resulting from everything just being flung out from a central point.
I don't think there needs to be bubbles since there is no actual detectable limits to anything.
I don't think that any one person is holding the position of keeping track of every detail of the universe.
Like I was saying earlier, I think there is a sort of entity "the universe" that behaves as one huge organism and is self-regulating according to fundamental physical laws.
The important thing I think is to recognize that the universe itself is not God.

Did God create this living organism?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
"He lived with the angels in the Never Never Never land."

Where that is I don't know.

Good as answer as any.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
"He lived with the angels in the Never Never Never land."

Where that is I don't know.

Good as answer as any.

At first I thought I had a rebuttal for this. But when I think about it, there is no scriptural reference that I can recall to when the angels was created. There may be something in Gen 1 but I don't see it. Maybe someone has more info on it.

Nice post. I'll need some time to marinate on this one

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The universe is within our time and space. God is out of time, and in other dimension altogether, so to ask that question from a people unable to imagine what life outside a physical body and out of time looks like.... is really a dumb question... if you see my point here.

How can nay human answer your question.

Which all proves how stupid a people we really are who think we know everything about everything.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Did God create this living organism?
The whole big scheme was initialized and came into existence from the creation of God, then it goes about its function as a universe that everyone now lives in but what this thing is doing on its own is really huge, and this way of doing this is the only practical way to have it at all, but it needs to be constantly worked on at a local level since there are rough edges to it as it is naturally coming about.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
God was the beginning the first. When he said "let us create man in "our" image..." he wasn't really talking to anyone but the cosmos. (he was talking to the entire universe)

God being from a type 7 civilization. "This would be a God or a deity, able to create universes at will, using them as an energy source, and a large one at that. Type 7 though is well beyond the stage of understanding that humans can incur beyond a technological singularity."

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

But when I think about it, there is no scriptural reference that I can recall to when the angels was created.
I think that what we think of as angels are just the minor gods, who have always been around.
The real angels of the Old Testament were basically what we would think are monsters.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by windword

Personally, I think the question is irrelevant. "Where was God in space and time before space and time existed? Nowhere! If God is outside of time and matter, not made of time and matter, the question doesn't apply nor does it matter "where" god was.

Sure it matters where god was. Be it a physical being or a quantum wave, there had to have been a place for him to exist in. We can't say he existed in a place of nowhere - that is illogical and impossible.

God IS illogical and impossible! Does nothing exist? OR, does Zero = everything and everywhere?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Sure it matters where god was. Be it a physical being or a quantum wave, there had to have been a place for him to exist in. We can't say he existed in a place of nowhere - that is illogical and impossible.

It is "illogical and impossible" to us now, as we are living in the universe and not being able to remember anything before that.
Whatever that was, collapsed and was consumed into the new reality.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join