It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Light is from God - Quantum Mechanics of Creation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

If you have a way of arguing the points made in the OP, then consider aiming your comments at the evidence. Trying to render a derailment of the train because you do not like where it leads is not a point that needs to be made. The simple fact remains.

This is the problem I've been trying to get to this whole time, Enoch. I'm not aiming at where the train is headed. I'm aiming at trying to understand where the train started from; which is why I continually ask you to explain your axioms. (Not your ending "axioms" that are populated by a list of concept, non-concept and metaphor, but your beginning axioms) I have been labouring to get to the bottom; all the way to the bottom. But you resist.

This is one thing I would like to get to the bottom of:

God makes claims. Those claims are shown to be in perfect reflection with the world around us.

And this is one of the metaphors that do no good:

Shattering the mirror, and picking out aspects of the reflection you do not like, will not change the fact that the mirror reveals God.

To say this:

Argue all you want, I should not be able to describe physics and DNA within Genesis 1 unless it is both Truth and Divinely inspired.

is completely empty unless I understand the foundation. What you are doing is starting half way down the chain of epistemology or usurping it all together and planting a flag in the name of "truth". If I wanted, I could do the same. You can continue to go back to an arbitrary measurement like the alphabet but all you are making is alphabet soup...or alphagetti.... We as a species find correlation and coincidence in everything.
One last thing; I still, after all of these exchanges with you do not understand what you are trying to say with this:

Speaking of Light, consider the evidence in the OP for the nature of consciousness in matter

If you really want to help me, answer this: What is the nature of the relationship between subject and object?
You can tell me that I’m fighting and not arguing the evidence, that’s fine. But if you post this stuff on a forum and ask for feedback, why is it like pulling teeth when someone asks you to explain your metaphysical stance? I know you want to talk about the material you present and that is great to see, but if I ask you to elucidate your metaphysical axioms, your epistemology or your theory of concepts I fail to see why this should be a troubling task. Why should I take your word for it if I can’t examine how you form your knowledge. I cannot keep asking you the same questions over and over without getting answers and then just one day believe what you say anyway; to fault me for that is...I don’t know. It’s odd.

edit on 19-7-2013 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

In case you haven't already figured it out, that's how Enoch defends the undefendable. He drags you down to his level and beats you with experience.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

If you really want to help me, answer this: What is the nature of the relationship between subject and object?
You can tell me that I’m fighting and not arguing the evidence, that’s fine. But if you post this stuff on a forum and ask for feedback, why is like pulling teeth when someone asks you to explain your metaphysical stance? I know you want to talk about the material you present and that is great to see but if I ask you to elucidate your metaphysical axioms, your epistemology or your theory of concepts I fail to see why this should be a troubling task. Why should I take your word for it if I can’t examine how you form your knowledge. I cannot keep asking you the same questions over and over without getting answers and then just one day believe what you say anyway; to fault me for that is...I don’t know. It’s odd.

Simple. Just take one idea at a time from the OP and give feedback as to how I am incorrect.

QUOTE FROM OP:
"In Chemistry, a medium is needed to combine any two things. The same is true in physics. In particle / wave physics, we see that the particle is a wave in a state of superposition until consciousness collapses the wave function to create the particle (Measurement Problem in Physics). The best metaphor we have for a particle is a Volumetric Picture Element (Voxel). Like the 2D pixels on your screen, a Voxel is 3D. Information is wrapped around. "

Science says that light is particle and wave. We know that all things in nature combine with a catalyst. Lacking a catalyst with the theory Science gives us, I simply show that collapsing wave function already tells us. Consciousness is the catalyst. I said that matter does not create consciousness, therefore showing evolution as a result and not a cause. My threads make it clear that I believe in involution and evolution (Baptism), which is immersion into water to rise to new life. Again, my evidence from the Bible shows us a higher axiom than science can with theory.

Can this be denied?

Notice that I did not refer to 'you' at any time in this post. I spoke to the subject. Do the same and we can discuss the OP.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus
reply to post by bottleslingguy

He creates more problems than he solves with this nonsense. He knee-caps epistemology. Why can’t people who advocate the primacy of consciousness ever have a cogent hierarchy to follow?

Downward Causation

"all processes at the lower level of a hierarchy are restrained by and act in conformity to the laws of the higher level"

what's so incoherent about "consciousness is the ground of all being"?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

no comment
edit on 23-7-2013 by Philodemus because: pointless

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join