It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Varg Vikernes Arrested On Terrorism Charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Varg Vikernes Arrested On Terrorism Charges

www.metalhammer.co.uk

According to numerous reports coming out of France, controversial Burzum frontman Varg Vikernes has been arrested on suspicion of plotting a “massacre”, with his home currently being searched for weapons and explosives and the notorious musician being held in custody.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.euronews.com
www.spin.com
www.nme.com

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Most ATS metalheads should be familiar with Varg Vikernes and his violent history. It really doesn't surprise me that he has been arrested on suspicion of plotting a massacre.

Vikernes, a self-confessed Neo-Nazi sympathiser, has previously spent 21 years in prison in Norway for the murder of Øystein Aarseth, known as Euronymous, guitarist of black metal band Mayhem.

Vikernes was released in 2009 but was convicted of four counts of arson on churches in the same year.

www.nme.com...

This is breaking news, so I'll add more information as it becomes available.

www.metalhammer.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

More Sources

More Sources

More Sources

The arrest came after his wife, a French national, legally purchased four rifles. Vikernes’ home was subsequently searched for additional weapons, as well as explosives; it has not yet been revealed whether or not any contraband was found on the premises.

The “origin of the investigation,” according to the DCRI, was the fact that Vikernes was one of 530 people to receive a manifesto from Anders Behring Breivik.

Here's a little background information for those not familiar with Varg:

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 16-7-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

They're actually arresting a high profile neo natzy. He must of been doing something to go against the grains of his overlords for this to happen. Well, one less of those is always good.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

From your source.

On his website, Vikernes discusses Breivik’s manifesto, but in a post called “War in Europe: Part V – Breivik Unveiled” he also criticises the murderer for killing more innocent Norwegians than Muslims. Vikernes, who describes himself as a “pagan,” accuses Breivik of being a Zionist agent and “Christian loser”.

Man, One crazy calling another crazy a agent and loser.............

Good story, and yes he should be watched especially if the tendency to do harm has already been proven.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I'm not a metal head but I remember reading about this.

It's shocking he was arrested on terrorism. It's ludicrous that he was released from prison and it took four acts of arson and a planned massacre to have him arrested again.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
He has a really kick ass name.

Like Bjorne Bjorg.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Yeah I heard about this guy years ago, kind of gives metal a bad name

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by isyeye

Excuse me, what?
How does burning down churches and stabbing someone to death make black metal look bad? Varg is legit.

\m/

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Excuse me, what?
How does burning down churches and stabbing someone to death make black metal look bad? Varg is legit.

m/

A legit crazy person maybe.

edit on 16-7-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by isyeye

Excuse me, what?

\m/

I guess we have different ideas about what music should and should not be. The burning of churches I can understand but there's better ways to fight religion

Killing ppl is a bit much tho

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Varg has never once introduced his personal opinions and views in to his music, but this world being what it is, it will generally combine the two, when in reality the only relation to his personal ideology is the old Nordic themes behind them.

I actually quite enjoy Burzum, I think his post prison work is actually better than most of his pre prison work. I find this latest event interesting. I do not know Varg personally, but he was very vocal when it come to Breivik, in the ststement he released regarding Breivik's actions he regarded him as a Zionist puppet and condemned him for killing innocent Norweigens. However, he has a previous for backing up words, this man was no arm chair ranting nobody, he was a man of action and there is no reason to suspect that prison changed that, even if he said himself that he just wanted to live a quiet life on a farm.

One thing I will say, here in Europe, the EU are looking for any excuse to destroy Nationalism and the surge in Far Right support. Nationalism is the biggest threat to the EU superstate. I for one do not believe that one extreme can be better than another, Communism is scum and so too is Fascism, for they are cut from the same cloth of tyranny. However, what has this guy done? His mrs was picking up four guns, for which she has a permit for and they turn him over? This would mean that they are monitoring movements on Nationalists and as in WW2, when Churchill turned Intelligence away from Communists and on to Fascists, the EU superstate will be more concerned with Nationalists than they are with Islamic extremists and rightly so, the Islamic Extremists are in the pockets of British and American Intelligence Services, just as the Communists were in WW2.

Remember this Europe, when the next bomb detonates.
edit on 16-7-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

His mrs was picking up four guns, for which she has a permit for and they turn him over? This would mean that they are monitoring movements on Nationalists and as in WW2, when Churchill turned Intelligence away from Communists and on to Fascists, the EU superstate will be more concerned with Nationalists than they are with Islamic extremists and rightly so, the Islamic Extremists are in the pockets of British and American Intelligence Services, just as the Communists were in WW2.

I don't think it's really a matter of monitoring Nationalist as it is watching the activity of violent felons. I don't know the laws that govern felons there, but here they aren't allowed access to firearms, and since he apparently did have access to at least four guns, it's understandable he has been arrested.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyofGlass
reply to post by isyeye

I'm not a metal head but I remember reading about this.

It's shocking he was arrested on terrorism. It's ludicrous that he was released from prison and it took four acts of arson and a planned massacre to have him arrested again.

The arson was never proven (just saying).

The jury's out on this so far, Varg probably should still be in prison for what he did - but, how long before this becomes an excuse for people that own Burzum records to be put "on a list"?

I do like Burzum for the record.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I ran across this guy when I read Lords of Chaos when it first came out -- I'm surprised he was released from prison, even after 20 years... the guy sounded like true evil and narcissistic, I'm not shocked that he'd plan something like this.

I liked Mayhem, but aside from them, I tend more towards the "progressive metal" of bands like Opeth. All that shouting just gets old after a while.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

My Impression of Vikernes, from numerous doc films/interviews/articles is that he is cold and methodical while Breivik seems impassioned and chaotic. It strikes me as very unlikely he would have anything to do with Breivik or his specific plans.

The tone of recent legislation here in the US, along with all the countries in the EU has everyone in the entire West marinating in a culture of fear. Every little thing must be investigated down to the nth degree, and everybody freaks out at the drop of a hat. So it's not surprising at all that they would go after Vikernes, and I'll bet it turns out to be nothing.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jodash

I think you hit the nail on the head... I agree that, more than likely, nothing will come of this.
Varg may be one complicated fella, who enjoys living by his own ideals, but if you read his blogs (which are controversial at best and not entirely politically-correct - though very good food for thought) you'll realize that he is no idiot... Planning ANYTHING that would get him in trouble would be out of the question, I believe.

As far as I'm concerned this is a petty attempt at demonizing an individual, free-speech and innocence-until-proven-guilty. I mean, really, some idiot sends him a letter and his wife legally buys some guns... so get a search warrant, check the house and kindly F off. end of story.

I like Varg. I do. And until his innocence is taken I'll have his back.

On a related note, as pointed out recently with the Zimmerman debacle - what are we being distracted for this time?

(disclaimer: I am not, nor do I, affiliate myself in any way with Varg or his personal ideology. I am a free mind who entertains what is useful for the whole.)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimjolnir
reply to post by Jodash

On a related note, as pointed out recently with the Zimmerman debacle - what are we being distracted for this time?

Since it's kinda related, and at the risk of threadjacking, I'll just say that The post you're referring to is my opinion on the Zimmerman trial...just seems it'll be exploited to make an attempt at gun-grabbing.

But there is no "we" in this case. Neither you nor I (nor many of the people using this site) are particularly susceptible to media manipulation. Like you said, we think freely...Like Varg (heheh).

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I haven't been into the death metal scene for a while, but Varg....

Varg, as good as a musician as he is, he gives the whole operation a bad name.

Then again, I like more of the vikingarock from Sweden, like Ultima Thule.

And Dethklok.

top topics

join