It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm disappointed that there were no riots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yes. I said it. But it's not like I wanted to see more people die. I just wanted to see some action. Regardless of what i thought if he was guilty or not. It's what I and a lot of you expected. Now let me say this, it was due to pure laziness on those who said they would riot. And let me explain why.

Today's generation has had everything handed to them. They rarely have to work hard for anything. This includes young people that are considered "poor". Those same "poor" kids and young adults all have smart phones and spend more time on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook than actually reading a book.

They have been "dumbed down" by technology and the MSM.

They believe everything they read and hear.

I remember the riots in 92. There was immediate action after the verdict. At that time, for 90% of us, there was no Internet. People just stepped out their front doors and started walking. They expressed their anger with the system. Sure they didn't have the Internet to organize themselves, but what they did have was hip hop music. To influence them. I think music does have power.

In those days, hip hop had a voice. It was smart and to me it was educational. We had this...

Now here is where I'm getting at. Hip hop today has no message. It has been dumbed down. And in essence, it has dumbed down black culture.

For example, this.....

I can't understand a word this fool is even saying, and I'm sure the masses that listen to this crap can't understand it either. This is what is popular today. This is what a lot of blacks like.

To me, it's fake hip hop. Just like the thousands of twitters that posted #riot.

Fake. Not real. Lazy.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The trial has just lit the touch paper.

Much like the riots in the UK here last year, due to the shooting of Mr Duggan.

People used this as an excuse to go out and behave abhorrently.

It had nothing to do with justice. Just lower class, jobless people taking out their frustration on the TPTB.

I remember one girl shouting at the camera "We are taking our taxes back"

She was about 12.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Briles1207 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What you dont seem to understand.. Riots just hurt the people that you are talking about.. whilst tptb sit back in their mansions watching from afar.. Laughing at the dumbed down people that are instigating/calling for it..

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I guess I'm just an old fuddy duddy who forgot how to have fun, but riots represent nothing to me but people getting hurt, businesses getting torn up and higher insurance rates for everyone in the aftermath for years to come.

I'm very glad it didn't happen, personally. Just my take.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
They were either smart or lucky.

They announced the verdict on a Sat. night, late, so not exactly a time when most are watching the news...and when people are out having a good time already.

By contrast, the Rodney King verdict was out late afternoon on a weekday, right before people got off work....bad idea.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It's not a bad thing OP. You know back in the day like you said where it was educational it was also the same guys getting shot and killed. Hip Hop took a major turn when two of the best young rappers in the game were both shot and killed over what? EAST vs WEST...really that's all it was.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Hip Hop took a major turn when two of the best young rappers in the game were both shot and killed

I like to think that some warrior from the future came back in time to set things right and save us from a future of horrible music. Thank you future avenger....whenever you may be!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Give them time sharpton didnt get what he wanted so he is trying to organise 100 rallies in 100 cities. Those rallies are your best chance for a riot which really just means mass robbery to the black community.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
would this cheer you up?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Last night I was watching people in LA (on tv) out in the streets destroying $hit. Funny that a group of people were trying to pull a fence down in front of what looked like a business. Then you see this group haul a$$ out of the area, and the camera pans back and you see a white guy (business owner) with what looked like a handgun in his hand. F@cker$ (rioters) are so brave until someone trumps them...
edit on 16-7-2013 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
would this cheer you up?

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Your title really outrages me. There are many ways of satisfying your need for action other than by wanting to witness wanton destruction and violence.

However you reduced your OP to an attack on rap. So what is really the overall message you are trying to give here?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Yes. I said it. But it's not like I wanted to see more people die. I just wanted to see some action.

"Just wanted to see some action"???? Then go to a boxing ring. Or a roller derby.

Riots aren't just 'action'. They involve mobs of people breaking the law. Mobs of people looting and stealing. Mobs of people acting uncivilized. Lots of people getting hurt and/or losing property. And if there were riots over the Zimmerman verdict, the riots would be mobs of people being mindless and irrational.

"just wanted to see some action" ..... geeeeze ...... no thanks.

top topics

join