It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP shuts down - are they really broke or on to a new facility?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Interesting to say the least. Wonder if the weather is about to get goofy(er)...

www.arrl.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Just did a search with nothing coming up then decided to check the new threads real quick. Good thing I did.

“Currently the site is abandoned,” he said. “It comes down to money. We don’t have any.” Keeney said no one is on site, access roads are blocked, buildings are chained and the power turned off. HAARP’s website through the University of Alaska no longer is available; Keeney said the program can’t afford to pay for the service. “Everything is in secure mode,” he said, adding that it will stay that way at least for another 4 to 6 weeks. In the meantime a new prime contractor will be coming on board to run the government owned-contractor operated (GOCO) facility.

The proximate cause of HAARP’s early May shutdown was less fiscal than environmental, Keeney said. As he explained it, the diesel generators on site no longer pass Clean Air Act muster. Repairing them to meet EPA standards will run $800,000. Beyond that, he said, it costs $300,000 a month just to keep the facility open and $500,000 to run it at full capacity for 10 days.

Is it truly shut down will be the question. Obviously the conspiracy side of me wants to know what they are planning. What is the next super event that will come up here in the next few months but can't be linked to HAARP because it was "closed".

www.arrl.org...
edit on 16-7-2013 by HawkeyeNation because: added link source

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
$500,000 for 10 days running and it's been running for how much of the year? Military swimming pools for on-base facilities are short staffing and shutting down early, as reports indicate, for a lack of money ....and this place accomplishes what exactly, to be spending THAT much to run in this tough economic time?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

In the meantime a new prime contractor will be coming on board to run the government owned-contractor operated (GOCO) facility.

Interesting. I believe that no matter if it is a private contractor (it says Prime) the Government will be all up in it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
LOL awwhhhh man that is so flippin halarious. Well then again most people would probably buy the story I'm sure. But my thought is if they had the money to spend on Iraq 2, which costed something like a billion dollars a day one would think they could find an extra 10 k per day to run harp. Like get REAL. It's either going underground or maybe they developed some kind of newer technology or they'll move it to one of the many bases they have around the world etc etc. That's my guess. Get real tptb wipe there azzes with 10k per day like it's toilet paper!

top topics

join