It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New here! Introduction and a question.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm new to this forum, but have been reading it (i.e. lurking) for a couple of years now. Wanted to take a moment to introduce myself here! I'm a graphic designer living in Texas with my husband and our 2 cats. I'm interested in the paranormal (have had a few experiences), UFOs, and most especially government conspiracies & cover-ups. The usual stuff.
I believe we are living in very frightening times, and sadly most people don't even recognize it.

edit on 16-7-2013 by pmburk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hello and welcome.

Enjoy your time here.

Have fun and don't forget your Tinfoil Hat ;-)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I tried hard and can't see a question in your OP. I would like to send you an extra cat if you need one, but I doubt if my wife would let me.

Welcome to the site.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pmburk

Hi pmburk welcome to the farm

In relation to your question this may help
en.wikipedia.org...(Internet_service)

Enjoy your stay , no doubt Des will be along with cookies shortly ....

Here's one to be going on with ... sorry about the bite

post by rickymouse
I tried hard and can't see a question in your OP

Its subliminal ...try harder

edit on 16-7-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add cookie

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hellooooooooooooooooooooo.........welcome to Madville..............enjoy

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pmburk

Welcome, fellow Texan! There seems to be a lot of us around here! What part of the state do you hail from? (Don't have to be specific really, just general area for my own curiosity.)

There are awesome Paranormal and UFO forums here! Just jump in wherever you'd like.
Word to the wise- if someone asks to "probe" you run for the hills!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by pmburk

Hi pmburk welcome to the farm

In relation to your question this may help
en.wikipedia.org...(Internet_service)

Enjoy your stay , no doubt Des will be along with cookies shortly ....

Here's one to be going on with ... sorry about the bite

post by rickymouse
I tried hard and can't see a question in your OP

Its subliminal ...try harder

edit on 16-7-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add cookie
Alright now I'm more confused than ever after seeing the cookie illustration and then the Wiki richocet reference and finally the subliminal edit

This lead to one of my favorite movie quotes coming to mind.........

Col. Stonehill (the horsetrader) True Grit 2010:
"I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough." Even though, for me, entertaining hypotheticals is all I ever seem to do. I like the man's response to litte Mattie's sharp trading style.

So, if you would, please help me understand this vexing riddle because I see no question direct, sublimial or otherwise

I await your response before giving or new ATSer a proper (hopefully) welcome!

Thank you, Grubblesnert
edit on 16-7-2013 by grubblesnert because: grammer tighten up

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hi to you, your husband and cat from the UK.

My family have a cat and she loves sitting with me especially when I am reading on ATS.

Glad you joined and I do agree that we are living in dire times. However today we get info so fast it can't always be censored so in the past, where we slept pretty soundly in our beds today perhaps, we know too much for such sound sleeping. However, I'd rather know than not.

Look forward to your posts especially on the UFO side.

Cheers from the UK and welcome.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Am I late
I see a cookie but nothing for everyone else.... How bout some cupcakes???

Sorry.... I took a bite because... Well... I just wanted to make sure they were good! I like cupcakes...

Welcome to the site

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thank you all for the welcome!!

I had posted a question here, but then I read that this is *only* for introductions, so I removed it. I don't want to get in trouble even though it is the only reason I joined. it was about a weird box on our street light!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pmburk

I had posted a question here, but then I read that this is *only* for introductions, so I removed it. I don't want to get in trouble even though it is the only reason I joined. it was about a weird box on our street light!

Quick, add to another 16 threads and then you can tell us about the weird box on the street light in your first proper posted thread.............Intrigued now am I..........

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I've got one mounted to the streetlight arm on the utility pole across the street from my house here in Cocoa Beach Fla.
Mine is used to transmit data to the utilities department. The specifics varies depending on application. (sorry I missed your pic and question). There is also a fire hydrant directly under the same utility pole. But I dont think it's related to that.
All hydrant locations are shown on the "MDT" computer mounted in fire engines and rescues (ambulances) in my county. (I'm a firefighter).
At least that is the official story I've been told, about the "box" but, who knows...

Anyway's per my response to Gortex and his u2u resonse to me with some 'splaination (Hey, it's all fun!
)

Here's a proper Welcome for you....................

******Welcome to the most "interesting" place on the worldwide interweb!!******

P.S. Don't mess with Texas!

It is one of my favorite places (Texans and Florida Crackers are cut from the same fabric)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
For those who asked, yes I am in Texas. I live in the DFW area.

The mysterious box is a box that appeared within the last 2 months on our light pole, a box with a radio antenna and a black cylinder that *looks* like a camera lens on the front. Totally residential neighborhood. I have photos & better narrative, but I'll wait until I have enough posts to make a thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Oh, and I am originally from Florida!
So yes we are cut from the same cloth.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hi welcome. What was the question? I wouldn't worry about getting in trouble, barely a week goes by without me getting some automated warning message from the mods and I'm still here.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

As far as the box/pole thing?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pmburk

It seems the link I posted messed up

I believe the box on the lamp post is related to wireless internet services .

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by pmburk

It seems the link I posted messed up

I believe the box on the lamp post is related to wireless internet services .

sounds like a good possibility too

Or........Aliens!

edit on 16-7-2013 by grubblesnert because: 2nd theory

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join