It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cursor Question: How to make it start at the right and move left for typing in Arabic.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I have installed an Arabic keyboard and can enter Arabic letters, but they start at the wrong side of the page, the left margin, and then pile up there confusedly. I'm just a beginner, so I'm sure I must be doing something wrong or just don't know something about the process. I can't find any instructions for typing in Notepad, right to left or for setting the cursor in Windows 7 (Home) right to left.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Now I understand. The print starts to appear on the left of the page but as you type the entire text is shifted to the right so the appearance is of having started typing on the right.

Problem solved.

It helped to articulate it.
edit on 16-7-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Would right align not make a difference here and allow the text to come out as you wish?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Yes you are correct. Notepad doesn't have a "right align" feature but MS Word and Wordpad do. I didn't think of Wordpad. Thanks for the response.

I think that will be the way I do it. It is easier to follow what is going on that way, rather than having the whole text of a line continually shifting to the right.

new topics

join