It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This is for Trayvon" .. black youths target hispanic man and beat him.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry to see that this thread has reached 7 pages. I heard about this story on the radio when it happened (because I live in Baltimore), however several days later (yesterday to be precise) I heard that this didn't happen. They followed up with this story that this attack wasn't racially motivated

www.baltimoresun.com...

Detectives completed another round of victim and witness interviews on Wednesday and maintained that they don't believe the beating of a Hispanic man near Patterson Park was spurred on by the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial in Florida — though at least one witness said she has never been interviewed.

Police have been looking for racial motivations in the beating of 37-year-old Melvin Garcia in the 2700 block of E. Fairmount Ave. on Sunday night after a woman said she heard a group of black youths yell, "This is for Trayvon" during the incident.

Police spokesman Sgt. Eric Kowalczyk said Thursday that investigators could not corroborate her account and "have no indication the incident had anything to do with the verdict in Florida."

You all jumped the gun and fell victim to the media reporting things before they had all the facts.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Well that's good news.

Kowalczyk said police are still investigating a motive in Garcia's assault and have no suspects.

Read more: www.baltimoresun.com...

So five guys beat another guy senseless, the cops have no suspects, but at least we have reason to believe it wasnt because of his race.

I guess????

Talk about forest through trees.
edit on 19-7-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Well, I hope the media is happy

They are. They're having a field day. Posting similar stories from years ago, interviewing the same people over and over. Rehashing and spinning the exact same story. Its a damn media circus.

Originally posted by TKDRL
I have to think that the type of scumbags which would do a thing like that, are pretty much just looking for any excuse they can to act like a total neanderthal.

Yahtzee. Just doing things to be doing it.
So stupid.
Such a waste of life.
edit on 19-7-2013 by iamusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loveaduck

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by basednobleman

Are you kidding? As someone who grew up in the inner city what I noticed was far more racism and racial words coming from those "darker" (as you put it) races towards white people. African Americans are the most racist people in America. And there is a problem with race in America because race pimps and people with a financial incentive to keep the division alive keep picking at the wound and won't let it heal.

You have to admit this latest verdict (how many blacks were on that jury again?) appears to be picking at the racial scab. People are going to get upset when they are hit in their soft spots. I think if Trayvon were in the commission of a crime, and then was shot by a vigilante, cooler heads might prevail. Because he was just walking along and was suddenly confronted by a vigilante, and now is dead thanks to that extra attention....well I can't really blame people for getting upset with the verdict. If was about as just as the OJ verdict.

What s an in this case? Both individuals were minorities. And it was the prosecution who excused the black juror, a male.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Some Young Blacks have it DRILLED into their heads that ALL of their problems are "Whitey's Fault".
This, appears to be to cover up for their Mother or Father's failings. Those others like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton PREACH the same thing but, they do it because they've found that they can do it to make money.
This would just be a sad state of affairs except that, Young Blacks ATTACK White people because after all, if your White, it's your fault they can' afford a $150 pair of tennis shoes..........Go figure

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree I blame first of all the crap we got for president in the white house, that seems to be getting a kick with instigating violence with the moron comments he have done in front of the camera already, how dare him use the racial card to get the nation with into a mob attitude in order to deviate from the corruption and scandal plaguing his lousy administration.

He as a president lack dignity.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

that seems to be getting a kick with instigating violence

You noticed that too?

Few people see though that facade of his, I mean he seems like such a nice guy, seriously though he started his whole reign terror with his famous BEER summit.

That should have been some folks first clue, not that sitting under a racist preacher, or being raised by communist grandparents, or having Frank Marshall Davis as a mentor might have instilled hatred in him,

Naw

I don't believe for a second Obama coming form a diverse state like Hawaii has anything in common with the average black male experience,

He just makes stuff up, hate was instilled in him, he is a compulsive liar like his grandfather,

This is Obama's composite life.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

So a pod of black youths running around beating on non-blacks and saying 'this is for trayvon' supposedly isn't 'racially motivated'??? Yeah .. right ... I've got a bridge to sell whoever believes that.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

So a pod of black youths running around beating on non-blacks and saying 'this is for trayvon' supposedly isn't 'racially motivated'??? Yeah .. right ... I've got a bridge to sell whoever believes that.

You must understand that a majority of black are brought up being told that they cannot be racists due to the injustices done to them generations ago. This is utterly bogus, anyone who feels their skin color is superior to another person's skin color is a racist. And to pick out someone and target them for an attack based on the color of their skin or their perceived nationality is the epitome of a civil rights violation and a hate crime.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I am aware of the upbringing of mr. Obama, so that is why I find so interesting that now he is so into African Americans and soo interested in the Zimmerman trial, still where he is been while teen street and gang violence takes away soo many of his fellow African Americans that he seems to be taken a special interest of lately.

Where are the plan to get this national problem into the white house to help Teens, no, no, plans to help but going after Zimmerman with the DOJ is his solution.

Is nothing but a diversion.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loveaduck
He was not in the commission of a crime and got into a self defense battle himself when he was confronted by Zimmerman - who was just moments earlier told by the Police to let them do their job and stand down. He deliberately disobeyed a Police directive. I have a feeling they might have suspected this might happen to the kid walking, since Zimmerman admitted he WAS armed, and that is why they asked him to stand down. What a surprise, what the Police feared might happen if Zimmerman confronted the kid, happened. Now people are calling the killing self defense. Sure.

You really need to take a step back, and actually listen to the call that Mr, Zimmerman made. He was NEVER told to "stand down", or "let the police do their jobs". In fact, the dispatcher stated IN COURT, under oath, that, based on his TWO comments to let them know if the guy did anything else, and then asking if he could tell which way the guy went, that George could easily have taken that as a request to get out and see. The dispatcher also stated, very clearly, that they CANNOT give orders. Unless you are willing to examine the facts, instead of dredging up bad information, that's been disproved over and over, you will never understand what really happened. Also, there was no mention in the call of a weapon. No one asked. Plus, the lady that taught the neighborhood watch classes stated that there is NO restriction on a NW person carrying a gun.

This teen wasn't innocent, and was carrying ingredients for a homemade drug, and attacked someone, because he didn't like anyone looking at him. Paranoid behavior and violence are characteristics of those using that stuff.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
I'm sorry to see that this thread has reached 7 pages. I heard about this story on the radio when it happened (because I live in Baltimore), however several days later (yesterday to be precise) I heard that this didn't happen. They followed up with this story that this attack wasn't racially motivated
*snip*

You all jumped the gun and fell victim to the media reporting things before they had all the facts.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

The police and media frequently claim there was no racial motivation in such cases, even when multiple witnesses report hearing racial slurs by the attackers. This is common. There is a nationwide coverup of black-on-white crime, and no one wants to talk about it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join