It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an idiot.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It pisses me off. I'm a totally quiet person, keep to myself, and don't bother people.

But some things really piss me off in a totally logical way.

Like boyfriends beating on their girlfriends in public and no-one doing anything about it.

So I intervened even though I'm not a physically adept person at ALL, and you know what happened? People intervened and got pissed because they thought I'd damage their cars and property. Seriously, a tiny girl gets abused by her boyfriend and it is no problem. BUT GOD FORBID STEVE URKEL GETS MY CAR SCRATCHED!

I tried to get them to call the cops on the boyfriend first and they REFUSED TO. The asshole took off when I was asking for a phone, and when he came BACK (the dumbass,) he was so shocked that Urkel went from "Hi! That was your girlfriend, right?" to "You need to grow the # up, and if you ever treat your girlfriend like that I'll gill you like a fish," that he was paralyzed with confusion. You know what the #ers excuse was? "?dffufff!!!!!*****?! I've never even seen you before!*****mubdbbbb****!!!!!!*****" THAT is what he had to say in his defense. He was in a headlock, so I might have missed some gem of wisdom he had.

Teach your kids the importance of respect for other people, themselves, AND ESPECIALLY THE PEOPLE THEY MAKE BABIES WITH! Perhaps everyone will stop being so RETARDED if we can follow those simple rules.
edit on 16-7-2013 by teachtaire because: gem of wisdom.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

Hello teachtaire,
As a previously abused woman....I thank you for defending that girl.
I've always been a 'defender of the underdog'....since I was quite young.
So I guess I'm an idiot too?

Maybe we should start a club? (quite a few idiots on ATS lol...might catch on!)
Here's a *hug* for your inner Urkel.

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Good show .. having stepped in a number of times over the years and intervening in similar situations .. guess am also a member of the idiot club ..

is good to see that theres others who step in and help when needed .. rare in todays world ..

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Thank you kind sir for proving some of us men aren't the rabid abusive rapists that the media portrays us as. I'd have done the same thing, and in a round about way, I did. And the guy never pressed charges, once he was out of the casts, never even tried, cause he knew he'd be going to jail, not me.

Stand tall, you are better than most people.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Similar story here,

Many a year ago on New years eve i spotted a big rugby type bloke beating the living daylights out of his very petite girlfriend or wife whilst she was sprawled over a car bonnet... I just piled into him...

Resulting in various black eyes on both sides and him with a broken nose and then running off only to be caught by the police shortly afterwards.

When he arrived back with the 2 policemen holding onto him he was in a worse state than he was when he ran off.... The policemen said... "oh... he just tripped"... Served him right!

Worse thing about that incident was that the girl dropped charges against him and stayed with him but complained that i had broken his watch...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
# what people think! You did the right thing, Bravo. If it was me I would of been putting them people in their places too, sometimes you need to point # out to people and let them imagine them in the same situation for them to see how ignorant and stupid they are been.

I have stopped this kind of behavior a few times my self, half of the time it comes down to been physical but I think its worth it. One of the worse ones, I seen a big guy pushing a young girl into some bushes, repeatedly. So I stopped my car and told him he best stop that because it isn't a nice thing to do and that he should imagine somebody doing that to his daughter. I was told to F off you black blah blah blah. So I got out of the car, whilst there was traffic beeping their horns at me and gave this idiot a nice big K.O punch to make him feel, because he didn't hear. I find it ironic that the girl always goes "no, no leave him" (her boyfriend) its a weird instinct i'v noticed from women who are getting abused - though deep down, I know they liked the fact the man got just made out to be a total bitch and will think twice about ever touching her in public, at least, ever again

Also, its good to use these kind of situations to let out some of your anger on somebody that deserves it
edit on 16-7-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Hi...nice to meet another hero!
Just to clarify...women NEVER like being abused. Sadly, they often react as though defending their abuser because they know that when they get home, he will take his anger out on them.
It's easy to say "Just leave"...but in reality, leaving is not simple. Especially if there are children.
It's hard to run away when you don't have anywhere to run to.
(Even domestic shelters get full and turn women away at times...I have experienced this myself).

That said, it IS great when someone stands up for you. Sometimes it can be the 'aha' moment that tells the woman that 'hey, this just is not okay". Maybe she will still go home with him, but she might start planning her escape. It can be very lonely when the abuse usually happens behind closed doors with no witnesses.

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Welcome to the club my friend, no good deed goes unpunished.

Personal experience, I defended a lady a year ago from her ex-husband in Atlanta. He hit her several times in the face before I could get to them. When I grabbed him he took a swing at me and missed then I got several swings in that did connect. Im a small guy (6'2"&255) he is about 5'6" and 180ish. He gets up and I want his attention on me not her, so I told him "you touch her again you will eat your supper through a straw" well he did and I kept my promise. So hes laying in the street cold as a cucumber, police arrive and cart him off to jail. now fast forward a year and the said lady is to be my wife. Funny how life has its twists and turns.

No matter what others said you still did the right thing.

edit on 16-7-2013 by ga-`tv-gi because: Im old cut me some slack

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Welcome to the club my friend, no good dead goes unpunished.

There is never a good dead, but there are definately lots of good deeds

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Hey Im old cut me some slack

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
To you all....

You're heroes. Every one of you. I've never been in an abusive situation, but I hope that if I ever this happened to me, someone would help.

RESPECT.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Wasn't trying to be a hero or be congratulated for risking getting shot or shanked. I'm just pissed at how uncaring the general populace has become. So any young readers out there, this is a stupid thing to do as you have no legal protection if it gets you killed. But all the same, thanks guys (:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
So proud of you all. So very proud. We should always be ready to help those who need it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
You help restore my faith in men a little bit.

Thank you

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

People may be uncaring when it comes to stopping abuse on the streets as it is a very common way for the person who does the 'good deed' in stopping the abuse to be stabbed, shot or even mugged...

I for one hate abuse, especially when it comes to a 'brute' beating on a woman...
But why would/should I risk my life and well being to intervene ??

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Hey, next time it happens, maybe I'll be there too with the baseball bat I keep in my car. Then we can show him that beating up on women doesn't make you a tough guy!

You know the worst part? After all that, I bet she still doesn't leave him.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch

You know the worst part? After all that, I bet she still doesn't leave him.

Ask any cop and you know what the answer will be. Domestic abuse cases are the most dangerous. I still appreciate the caring of another who would seek to stop it and protect her. I just would call the cops first and get help. Some women will actually start attacking the person intervening if you start beating up "her man".

It's a tough call.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

That's true, women eh?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

That is a very good point for anyone foolhardy reading this,

I tried to call the cops, I didn't have a phone and had to ask the other witnesses to use theirs. They refused to call the police.

I'm not an aggressive person, physical confrontation was the last resort.

Can you imagine? A Bistro full of people, and none of them were willing to contact the police who were a block away because it would be "a waste of their time."
edit on 17-7-2013 by teachtaire because: waste

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Firstly I would like to say Thank you and well done for stepping in when you did to help the young ladies concerned.

Secondly I would like to say that having been in a violent situation myself I can understand why these girls defended their violent partners. It boils down to the fact that if they didn't then it would be worse for them later on. You see they would get blamed for you stepping in,or for the police stepping in. It is "never" the offenders fault, they place all blame for their actions on their girlfriends/wives. They never accept responsibility for their actions. In a lot of cases they are incapable of accepting that responsibility.

Unless they get some serious help and learn to accept responsibility it is a pattern that will repeat itself over all their relationships.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join