It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby ghost playing with drinks *Video Inside*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Apparently, the red figurine is a Thai baby spirit called a Kumantong.

The details of creating one are ghastly. An unborn fetus has to be surgically removed from a mom's womb then roasted until dry as some incantations are recited before the ritual is completed. After that, it is painted with lacquer and amulets are worn around it.

The Kumantong is sought after as it is believed to bring luck and fortune to the owner, if properly revered. But it may turn evil and create mischief if not properly handled.

In this video, the drinks are offering to the baby ghost, and you can clearly see the drinks moving up and down with no apparent reason except maybe for the paranormal...

What do you think guys? Real or hoax?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I only had to watch 15 seconds to work it out.

Its a bottle of cultured milk containing yeast ... the yeast ferments the milk generating carbon dioxide gas that forces the liquid up the straw through gas pressure.
The gas eventually finds a way to escape causing the liquid to fall back down the straw.

Then the carbon dioxide gas pressure builds up again ... forcing the liquid up the straw again.

Rinse and repeat .....
edit on 16/7/13 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by icyboy771z

Not a hoax, just gas created in the bottle which creates the liquid to rise up ,or down (look at bubbles on top of bottle!

Awww you beat me to it tauristercus

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 16-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Not too worry Rodinus ... obviously 2 great minds on the same page

And yes, the bubbles were a dead give away that gas was the culprit moving the liquid up and down.

Baby spirits ... give me a break

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
reply to post by Rodinus

Not too worry Rodinus ... obviously 2 great minds on the same page

And yes, the bubbles were a dead give away that gas was the culprit moving the liquid up and down.

Can do the same thing with bicarbonate of soda and vinegar too to have roughly the same effect.. (cheap fire extiguisher and makes for a great artificial volcano mixed with red food colouring for the kids!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 16-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling yet again... i must stop my caffeine diet!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

What are you mocking?

Fermentation is the way you start the process of creating spirits.

Effectively, that was baby spirits

*zing*

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

What are you mocking?

Fermentation is the way you start the process of creating spirits.

Effectively, that was baby spirits

*zing*

But you would only find that in scotland or Ireland no?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Hahahaha ... what a great point ... never thought of that.

In that case, 3 cheers for "baby spirits"

Let me just pour myself a shot of whiskey (or should that be Bailey's Irish Cream ? ) and drink to "baby spirits"

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Let me just pour myself a shot of whiskey and drink to "baby spirits"

Which reminds me.. it's 12:09 here... *runs to the freezer to get ice-cubes*

Make that four...

Ch...Chee... Chuzz... Cheers........ *hic*

Burrrpppp...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 16-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

edit on 16-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap editing

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I would be more concerned for the mental health of the person who removes a fetus from a womb to sell as an ornament.

Not to mention the people who buy it..

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207
I would be more concerned for the mental health of the person who removes a fetus from a womb to sell as an ornament.

Not to mention the people who buy it..

I think the whole ethical question can be debated in general, but who are we to question the cultures of other people, when we are incapable of getting our own things sorted out first?

Kindest respêcts

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Reading more on the wikipedia page for Kumantong:

Some Kuman effigies will be soaked in Nam Man Prai,Buddha Magic Thai Mystical Ezine, 2010, Issue 2(E-Magazine), Littlewood, Spencer [1] which has extract of a dead child or a person who died in violent circumstances or an unnatural death. This is much less common now, because this practice is now illegal if using fat from human babies for the consecrating oil. There are however still some authentically made amulets appearing. Some years ago a famous monk was thrown out of the Buddhist Sangha for roasting a baby. He was convicted, but later continued to make magic as a layperson after his release. The practice of creating Necromantic effigies of a Kuman Tong comes from age old tradition in Siam. Thai folk have made Bucha to Animistic spirits and ghosts since time immemorial. The original Kuman Tong came from children who died whilst still in their mothers womb. The Magic makers would take these stillborn babies and adopt them as their children.

Wikipedia: Kumantong

Really?
Extract of a dead person?
Fat from human babies for the consecrating oil?
Geez....

On May 18, 2012 a 28 year-old British citizen of Taiwanese origin, Chow Hok Kuen, was arrested in a Bangkok hotel room with six male fetuses that had be roasted and covered in gold. Police reported that Kuen intended to sell the fetuses in Tawain for about 6,300 USD each.

And it still goes on.
Whacky people.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Get a bottle, stick a straw in it, blow in the straw and sit back in wonderment and amazement as the liquid within rises!

Welcome to science.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
But you would only find that in scotland or Ireland no?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

The good stuff, well expensive stuff. The stuff I used to make didn't need labels. You could tell what it was by the way it ate through the glasses.

oO

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Let me just pour myself a shot of whiskey (or should that be Bailey's Irish Cream ? ) and drink to "baby spirits"

Haha baileys. Oh it's all a blur of kilkennys cream and brandyvino from those years.

Oo no wonder I know more about yakult than I should.. I've destroyed my gutbugs!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Get a bottle, stick a straw in it, blow in the straw and sit back in wonderment and amazement as the liquid within rises!

Welcome to science.

Yes, but remember, and as the poster above proves, these people are mostly incapable of grokking human sciences. It's the voodoo that you do that they dig, ya know.

A place that still drink the bile of living creatures and eat their dried dongers, for sexual prowess and virility!

Now buy my painted foetus or I'll set the fermenting vampire ghosts on ya.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

I am glad I am not the only one who thought along those lines. How utterly disturbing......

new topics

top topics

join