It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leader of Mexico's Zetas drug cartel captured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I haven't seen this posted and I thought this news was good enough to share. Sorry if it has already been posted. The search engine didn't revel anything.

Miguel Morales, who was one of the leaders of Los Zetas and became the head after the death of Heriberto Lazcano, was arrested without a shot being fired. He was known as a brutal man who is responsible for the deaths of numerous people who were killed who horrifying ways.

I don't know how much impact his arrest will have since a lot of cartels and members would easily replace him and continue the hideous crimes.

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Miguel Angel Trevino Morales, the notoriously brutal leader of the feared Zetas drug cartel, was captured before dawn Monday in the first major blow against an organized crime leader by a Mexican administration struggling to drive down persistently high levels of violence, officials announced.

Trevino Morales, 40, was captured by Mexican Marines who intercepted a pickup truck with $2 million in cash on a dirt road in the countryside outside the border city of Nuevo Laredo, which has long served as the Zetas' base of operations. The truck was halted by a Marine helicopter and Trevino Morales was taken into custody along with a bodyguard and an accountant and eight guns, government spokesman Eduardo Sanchez told reporters.

Source
Wikipedia

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

en.wikipedia.org...

his alias Z-40,

40 days and 40 nights. Teen flood.

join