It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were the Supreme Being, How Would You Act.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
If you were the beginning of everything that exist, and the one to put everything in motion. How would act towards your creation?

Would you just let your creation run it's course?
Would you step in when your creation got out of hand?
Would you demand worship from you creation?
Would you write a law for your creation?
Would you freely walk among your creation?

This is a tough one. I really don't know how I would handle that kind of power. I mean, we're talking about the greatest of anything that's great out there.

What would you do?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Very tough question..

I guess I wouldn't expect worship unless I created for the sole purpose of being worshiped. But if I were an omnipotent being with such powers, I probably wouldn't be so caught up in vain, human things, like that.

It really is a hard question. If you made a creation, and made your existence known. Everyone knew you were the God, and you wrote the law of the land................. Then what's the point?

Interesting topic to ponder, hope people don't see this as a way of putting their foot in the door to bash religion.. I wanna see some intriguing discussion. S+F
edit on 16-7-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by introV

Good response. But think of this way. Your entire creation, whether they be human's or not. How would you handle it?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

I wouldn't stay hidden, that's for sure.

I wouldn't leave any self aware aspects of anything I've created sitting around wondering "Where did I come from?" or "What is my purpose?"

You want to pretend some dude that's kinky about washing feet is your savior? Nope, sorry, do I need to hang a sign in the sky? Maybe I would.

Whatever the case, if I was a creator of anything, I'd put my stamp on it.
I'm fairly certain were there anything else floating about with sentience to create anything, they'd do the same.

There are no sentient Creators, but, it's a fun little fantasy game of mythology to play around with.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I wouldn't leave any self aware aspects of anything I've created sitting around wondering "Where did I come from?" or "What is my purpose?"

You want to pretend some dude that's kinky about washing feet is your savior? Nope, sorry, do I need to hang a sign in the sky? Maybe I would.

I'm fairly certain were there anything else floating about with sentience to create anything, they'd do the same.

There are no sentient Creators, but, it's a fun little fantasy game of mythology to play around with.

Ok. In just what kind of way would you not make yourself hidden? What kind of stamp would you place? Would you hover above your creation, fully visible to all? Would you hand down a book so all of your creation would know that you are the original?

How would pull off proving yourself to all of your creation?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think it's odd enough how people come to the conclusion that there is no Supreme Being. I mean, the nature of life itself, the divinity of being an individual, trapped inside this body, living this life with apparent purpose... is almost mind bending/reality shattering enough for me to be a sign that life is something really -special-. I used to be atheist but now I am agnostic.

Some people think the brilliance of life itself, such as the golden ratio being everywhere, is the calling card of a Supreme Being.

I would like to think if I was a Supreme Being I would do clever things like that. Like the Golden Ratio. Put it right under their nose, throughout all of nature. Haha...

I would probably be really mysterious, toy with my creations, see their reactions to the world I created for them.

Probably won't be my last post in this thread as long as it doesn't turn into a fight. Gonna be thinking about this for a while I think.
edit on 16-7-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by introV

That's the fun part about it. You do and act however you want as the Supreme Being and no could tell you different. Talk about having the universe on your shoulders. To some degree it might not matter how you act, if your creation has free will, there will always be complaints.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Perhaps the real question should be, "if you were god, why would you create?"
Then it becomes apparent, you wouldn't, therefore god is nonexistent, and thus, 42.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

So you've deduced that there are no sentient creators because they haven't done what you would do in their position? A place of such overwhelming insight and wisdom you must come from to make such a seemingly arrogant and flippant dismissal of anything bigger than us, or more specifically, you.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I would be the perviest god ever. I would be right into voyeurism. I'd probably scrap earth and make myself a lady friend.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Perhaps the real question should be, "if you were god, why would you create? " Then it becomes apparent, you wouldn't, therefore god is nonexistent, and thus, 42.

I guess you would love sitting in the middle of nothing without nothing. Ok.
edit on 16-7-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
My ten commandments:

1) Thou shalt not worship me
2) Thou shalt not idolize me
3) Thou shalt not make me a religion
4) Thou shalt not pollute and destroy the environment
5) Thou shalt not murder, rape, pillage, or plunder anyone or anything... ever
6) Thou shall take my name in vain all thou wants
7) Thou shall eat, drink, and be merry
8) Thou shall love and marry any other consenting adult they wish
9) Thou shalt not wear speedos or socks & sandals or bright coloured crocs
10) Thou shalt not write a silly book about me that can be interpreted in 6000 different ways

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
My ten commandments:

1) Thou shalt not worship me
2) Thou shalt not idolize me
3) Thou shalt not make me a religion
4) Thou shalt not pollute and destroy the environment
5) Thou shalt not murder, rape, pillage, or plunder anyone or anything... ever
6) Thou shall take my name in vain all thou wants
7) Thou shall eat, drink, and be merry
8) Thou shall love and marry any other consenting adult they wish
9) Thou shalt not wear speedos or socks & sandals or bright coloured crocs
10) Thou shalt not write a silly book about me that can be interpreted in 6000 different ways

That's cool. But how would you relay those commandments to your creation?

Would you yell it throughout the universe?
Write in the stars?
Put in book form?
Put in stone tablets?
Have another one of your creations tell if for you?

How would you prove to your creation that this is your Law?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Ok. In just what kind of way would you not make yourself hidden? What kind of stamp would you place? Would you hover above your creation, fully visible to all? Would you hand down a book so all of your creation would know that you are the original?

How would pull off proving yourself to all of your creation?

I would be burned into the brains of anything and everything conscious enough to have anything resembling thought because as part of being 'omni' I would BE thought, and everything.
Because I would be 'omni', I could be there first person IN Person visible to everyone to congratulate every birth, and preside over every death, everywhere, everyWHEN, all the time.

Being Omni, I wouldn't need angels. Being Omni, I would be everywhere all the time for all of time, capable of manifesting an infinite amount of times in any infinite number of places as needed without ever the requirement to have any days of rest.
Being Omni, I would be limitless and infinite; capable of anything including feeding starving children all over the planet and the rest of the universe and multiverse, directly smiting the wicked, wronging wrongs, and rewarding deeds done right.

Originally posted by LizardSlicks
So you've deduced that there are no sentient creators because they haven't done what you would do in their position? A place of such overwhelming insight and wisdom you must come from to make such a seemingly arrogant and flippant dismissal of anything bigger than us, or more specifically, you.

You're just mad because I would make a cooler deity than any of the other cartoon characters people have made up to give attribution to things they didn't understand or feared throughout history.
Sense of humor much?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

If you were the beginning of everything that exist, and the one to put everything in motion. How would act towards your creation?

Of course, if i was a "supreme being" i would not see it as a course to be run, more like games within games.

Assuming that if i was a supreme being creator and i did not know everything since my creation got out of hand to begin with, i would step in but i would limit myself to the same laws as the planetary laws. You know since power corrupts and all.

Nah that would annoy me if i was a "supreme being". I would not have got to "supreme being" status by groveling to my creators to show me love.....or maybe i could have..If i was. I would have just felt it and shared it around because it was always there.

I am thinking maybe a green tablet like Hermes able to withstand the test of time. Maybe i would have 15 of them to share around. I would have five simple laws nothing to complicated. Just common sense stuff really like do not kill, steal or damage another persons property.
I would have one specific law etched deep and bold and it shall read. "No one shall ever be taxed"

I would....I would be the same as the caretakers of the planet species. If i were a creator i would still play fair in my creation without "supreme being" abilities, you know with power corrupting and all

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I guess you could be a much hipper version of the god in the OT. Not jealous just so very scurred

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

This is a tough one. I really don't know how I would handle that kind of power. I mean, we're talking about the greatest of anything that's great out there.

What would you do?

First, I'd have to figure out why I wanted to create it. The equivalent of a biblical god creating us would be me creating an ant farm. I don't want an ant farm.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I would teach people to be like me. I would make their lives a learning experience, not a lecture.

I'd let them put their hand on the stove and find out what "hot" is. After all, if I was the supreme being, I'd know that pain is fleeting and temporary. I wouldn't worry so much about small things like who people want to marry and just be content in the fact that they find ways to love each other as much as I love them.

I would reveal myself, but not until they knew who I was. I wouldn't want them to fear me. I wouldn't want them to worship me. If they love me as their creator, that's all well and good, but I would rather they love me as their friend. I would teach them tough love and grand displays of affection. I'd write their names in the stars and make every single one feel like they are the center of the universe. And those who want to deny my existence because I haven't revealed myself explicitly to them in a way that is undeniable would be allowed to, but I would still look out for them in small ways, perhaps showing up as some stranger asking for the time to stall for those two seconds where they would be in the path of danger.

The reason for this is so that they appreciate the universe I created for them. Sometimes it might be a little too much for them to handle, but I'd do absolutely everything I could do to reach these people, or at least make their difficult experience meaningful from an outside perspective, so when I show them the world they left behind, they would understand why I let those things happen to them. I wouldn't want their lives to fly by like dreams, because that would trivialize the whole act of creation. They should have an experience that cannot be paralleled by any of their wildest dreams. But for them to be like me, of course they have to have free will. They have to feel like they're making their own choices, which is another reason for me to hide myself until they are ready to see me. People should be doing things to make themselves happy, not to make me happy or impress me.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I'd also give my creations FREE WILL.

No, not the cheap plastic illusion of free will you think you have right now, but TRUE Free Will where if you wanted to be a butterfly, you could. If you wanted to be a blade of grass, you could. If you wanted to live for 9000 years, you could. If you wanted to be your own personal creator god of your own personal little universe within my Omniverse, you could.

That would be True Free Will, as you will, and by your will, whatever you will, will be done of your will and through it.

Such a setup would immediately create a multiverse framework of alternates, mirrors, versions, and interpretations based on everyone's and everything's own idealization of what and how things should be for them, but, in the Omniverse where I'm Omni, infinitude is infinite enough such that you can double it, triple it, or multiply it quradrillions, septillions, and octodecillions of times over, and there will always be room, and there would always be me.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

reply to post by introV

That's the fun part about it. You do and act however you want as the Supreme Being and no could tell you different. Talk about having the universe on your shoulders. To some degree it might not matter how you act, if your creation has free will, there will always be complaints.

You just hinted at the perennial question.If there is a God can there be free will of his creatures?
The answer is ....Absolutely impossible because the fact is Man does not have free will.Every effect has causes.... multiple causes.We make millions of choices and NONE of them are free of original cause.The law of causation is an infinitely intricate web of causes that all effect each other.If Everyone had free will to cause their own desired effect it would be chaotic destruction.

Beings with free will cannot live in harmony.Their free will will clash at every point.There is no discipline that could control it so the fact is that lack of free will is built into the system because of Gods nature of sovereignty.God is the creator and 100% controller of all...and of course ALL of mankind despises that lack of control and are deluded into thinking they are the masters of their own reality and destiny.In effect they believe they are God....when it is infinitely obvious they aren't.

That is the great deleima that the majority are completely unaware of.They are in a matrix ..asleep..dead to reality.Believing they can make choices on their own.That is in effect Gods mercy until he wakes them up from the delusion.God won't wake them up until they have been prepared to let go of Free will.It is the cornerstone of all existence.Everyone will do it.It's inevitable. All strife stems from this one root.Yet it is all necessary to the process of life.

There is nothing anyone can do to "know" this.There are no answers or works to do...on purpose.That is Gods nature also.Solomon who was purported to be the wisest man alive said "vanity of vanities.. ALL is vanity"...the reality is he was the biggest fool because when he was given wisdom he believed it was all he needed.The myth of free will is mankinds blue sleeping pill.One day it will wear off then they will be awake and alive
edit on 16-7-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join