It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary stuff for the future just right around the corner (2025)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So I was reading an article on fox about crimes that will go away my 2025 and its scary stuff to think about. The items they list will i'm sure be used to control us but they say just to stop crime (yea right). I will go down the list and take parts out but the whole article can be read here.

www.foxnews.com...

Security expert and book author Winn Schwartau says we will move to a cashless society in the next decade. He says physical currency is too expensive anyway -- it now costs two cents to make one penny. ATM locations might not even exist at all.

This is scary to me. Not only would they have the power just take away all money you may have, but their would be nothing you could do about it. You could no longer have a cash reserve at your house as i'm sure anything you had to sell would be turned into online money which again would be frozen if they wanted to. Your days of "your" money would be over and at the hands of whoever is in charge.

In the next 10 to 20 years, stealing a car will make even less sense. Predictive technologies, already used in a research project at Ford with help from Google, could detect when a car is stolen because it is driving fast or erratically, or even in an unknown area.

I can see the police foaming at the mouth for this one they wouldn't even have to get in a car to give you a ticket. Pull you over because they think you are driving "erratically" on their monitors. The list goes on and on with what they could do with that in every car.

You can purchase pirated DVDs on a thriving black market today. In fact, if you visit China, you can buy one just for a few dollars. Yet as streaming media services like Hulu, Netflix and Vudu become even more common, we’ll finally stop buying physical media entirely.

I don't see everyone not buying physical media. I love to own what I buy and to be able to hold it. Not to scared about this one as I don't think I will happen, but who knows.

By 2025, the Post Office might not even exist. The government-controlled entity is losing billions, shredding its workforce, and closing locations. As the volume of physical mail sent in the U.S. declines (dropping 21 percent since 2008), scammers will turn elsewhere.

If the post office no longer existed then nothing we sent to anyone would ever be private again, unless you walked it to there door. They already record our email and phone conversations and would then be able to read anything you sent to anyone.

Smart cards, already in use today, go a step further. They might use a biometric reader to identify you as the owner, and block access once a card is stolen.

Block access to a criminal... OR you.... To them we are guilty until proven innocent IMO. Again goes back to having all your money frozen if they feel the need.

According to Corey Nachreiner, the director of security strategy at WatchGuard, digital hijacking will replace physical assaults in the air. Many planes will use robotic “fly by wire” controls. Criminals will know it makes more sense to re-route a plane by hacking into the navigational systems.

You think 911 was bad? If this happens and you believe the government was behind 911, hello Christmas to them. Not only could criminals re-route planes so could the government to wherever they wanted (if hacked). Also, it would get rid of many of the Edward Joseph Snowden's in the world. All they need to do is know what plane you are on.

Anyhow, what are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Pretty scary..

I'm only in my mid 20s and I feel like sooner than later I'll be prematurely saying "Back in my day..."

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by introV
Pretty scary..

I'm only in my mid 20s and I feel like sooner than later I'll be prematurely saying "Back in my day..."

hehe ya i'm in my mid 30's and I already say that so get ready

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSource
[...]

You think 911 was bad? If this happens and you believe the government was behind 911, hello Christmas to them. Not only could criminals re-route planes so could the government to wherever they wanted (if hacked). Also, it would get rid of many of the Edward Joseph Snowden's in the world. All they need to do is know what plane you are on.

Anyhow, what are your thoughts?

Hello Christmas indeed! Their underlying plan is to put the populace in a straitjacket of laws so restrictive and irresistable that no one can protest the treatment or protect themselves from the police state. It's just a matter of increments now; just a few more tweaks and we're prisoners of our own government.

Unless we can somehow turn it around--which is looking a little less likely everyday....

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I highly doubt that. The USA will simply get rid of the penny like Canada did last month. Then round everything to the nearest nickel.
Cash will never be gone leaving banks in control of everything not a chance. Conspiracy theories say so but if you think about it all countries have their own cash so this prediction is way out in left field. If it costs 2 cents to make a penny, get rid of the penny. Problem solved.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSource

Security expert and book author Winn Schwartau says we will move to a cashless society in the next decade. He says physical currency is too expensive anyway -- it now costs two cents to make one penny. ATM locations might not even exist at all.

Although this is fairly unlikely to happen imo, if it does happen I have one word for you: bitcoin.

You can purchase pirated DVDs on a thriving black market today. In fact, if you visit China, you can buy one just for a few dollars. Yet as streaming media services like Hulu, Netflix and Vudu become even more common, we’ll finally stop buying physical media entirely.

Out of all the claims, this one actually has the highest chance of happening imo. Especially as our internet connections become faster and faster. And who the hell buys DVD's from a Chinese black market anyway? Torrents all the way son...
edit on 16/7/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
There are two major mindsets: furious and frightened.

The furious want to change the world.
The frightened want to keep it "as good as in my youth".

The furious vote for the more progressive party (sorry, none in the USA).
The frightened vote for the more conservative party (sorry, too many in the USA).

Therefore, Foxnews as a known and confirmed "balanced" right-wing news mainstream media outlet, they tell you about frightening things.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I still buy books, unlike Wikipedia, they cannot be altered without it showing, sometimes its easier to find what I'm looking for, as books are not stupid, I also like the feel, and I can put the book down, and it wont switch itself off, the page will still be open where I left it. the technolegy will never be out of date (but the spelling might be different)'
Some visitors (who I think maybe cannot read) look at my library like it's the invention of the devil!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

There will always be a "black market" and a monetary base - sounds like they are building a new "mafia" of some sort.

Always happens - through the eras of time.......

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSource

Originally posted by introV
Pretty scary..

hehe ya i'm in my mid 30's and I already say that so get ready

Yup!!!!!

Society feels a lot tighter now then when I grew up in the 80's and 90's. Things don't feel right. There's less of a feeling of freedom. It's like the government thinks everybody is a criminal. With the way technology is advancing, I would not be surprised if htey start monitoring our thoughts. It's kind of scary. People will want it for hte security. We'll lose more freedoms. I think it'll start simple. They'll monitor you in the airport or somewhere important using camaras. In fact, I think they already are. AI watches people and records erratic movements that hint at abnormal (dangerous?) behavior.
edit on 16-7-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Right when they're about to implement a cashless society would be the perfect time for a massive planet wide CME that causes a humongous EMP worldwide.

Wipe out the entire grid.

... back to square one we go.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm not so panicked. For sure harsh times are upon us but: TPTB are button pushers, theirs power relay on people who understand stuff. Such scientists/technicians may be brainwashed or blackmailed - but only for some time. Ok, there will be a layer of Masters and theirs privileged temporally loyal servants. Still there will be dissent - it exists through all life span of western society (think about medieval heretics building way in common consciousness for Luther's reformation). It exists even now and is working against TPTB. Would you like to join
?
edit on 16-7-2013 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
For example that Utah data$hit is weak spot. That beast have to be cooled for example

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

It doesn't even have to be a CME. A well placed network of EMP bombs will drop the grid in a cascade. All it takes is the grid to go down in a few highly populated cities, and panic ensues.

We're simply too dependant on electronics and "digital" currency. (Sorry CO!) There's no backup system in place to handle such an event smoothly. We're just forging ahead blind.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Don't worry folks, we will not made it another decade.

Not as this technological progressive civilization, maybe as a madmax community I could see us. You got to remember, we have to be intelligent to use the future, and from the present I doubt we'd know how to pee in the future, let alone govern a planet. Maybe that is what the robots will do, govern us, and programers will be the new politicians, oh gawd, we are truly screwed then...

The future seems rather unpleasant no matter what is brought into the present as a variable. Why is this? is humanity just destine to exploit one another in an endless effort to gain a one up on all others?

Or will common sense ever reign supreme and teach us to truly help each other out and leap frog to a future of equality and progress in leaps and bounds only known about in science fiction novels.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The future will not be unpleasant for those youngsters growing up in it....it will be the norm. They will not see that anything is wrong or out of the ordinary and will look at us old folks as slightly demented!

Technology is introduced slowly...we get used to it...then some more arrives and we accept it all as everyone wants an easy safe life....apparently.

Its hard to blame TPTB for acting when people constantly moan and whine about security,id theft, credit card fraud etc etc so they act and controlling measures are put in place...for your own good of course
)

new topics

top topics

join