It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should The Department of Homeland Security be Dissolved?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

That would be a worse case scenario situation involving massive
civil unrest.
It is by design their job to maintain some fundamentals of civil order.
Agree or not, people suffer badly when chaos rules.

The point I am trying to make with this thread, is this, "Is DHS an cost effective and/or Worthwhile
Government Entity". It may very well be.
Yet it is an intellectual question that has arisen.

I could be mistaken, but reflecting on your replies I believe you are the victim of propaganda.
I do not mean to offend you. This is only my personal interpretation.

For DHS is not going to attack the very People they are not only assigned to protect, but also the
People who keep them paid.
Those People would be The Taxpayers of The United States of America.

Look at me exercising my freedom of speech here to the maximum.
I am perpetuating and broadcasting a debate on the existence of one of the most powerful
agencies in this country.

And... I Am Allowed to Do So. How about that.

God Bless The United States of America!

edit on 16-7-2013 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Not propaganda information from my fellow vets and military.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Yes, the DHS needs to be dissolved. It should have never existed to begin with. We have the NSA, we have the FBI, we have INS, we have multiple agencies that already do what the DHS was charged with doing. We didn't need this extra layer of bureaucracy.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
It is by design their job to maintain some fundamentals of civil order.
Agree or not, people suffer badly when chaos rules.

Chaos has ruled since BushCo took down the twin towers. Chaos has ruled since overt, criminal corporations that are too big to fail and to big to prosecute. Chaos has ruled when our politicians, banksters and Wall Streeters loot our treasury and hard assets while preparing to crash the econemy. Chaos has ruled since our "government" has murdered four Americans without charges or trial. Chaos has ruled since untold numbers of men, women and children foreign nationals have been murdered in cowardly, criminal drone strikes. Chaos has ruled since our mainstream media is no longer "media" -- it's propaganda and most people can recognize it now.

Washington no longer carries any legitimacy. Neither do a handful of states that are overrun with corruption and can't competently manage government. We simply need to dissolve these corrupt mafia "governments".

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Do you mean dissolving everything in the DHS?

Cause you know.. its pretty big actually. Not just a separate entity all on its own.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

It's obviously a failed experiment, but like most governmental experiments that fail, they keep throwing money at it in the hopes of fixing it.

When the DHS was first stood up, I was of the understanding that it would be similar to a Fusion Center were all the various alphabet agencies would communicate. That didn’t work out so well did it? It’s hard to communicate when they don’t show up in the first place and just keep on doing what they do.

Then they formed the TSA which is a total joke. The turnover within that organization ensures its ineptitude.

I would vote to disband the DHS & TSA based upon what I know as a John Q. Public.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yeah the DHS should be abolished because as it was designed to do was to facilitate inter agency communication and since it was created it has been an epic failure including buying millions of rounds of ammo,mrap, and costing 30- 50 billion dollars.

The epic failure of government lead to the creation of yet another massive government boondoggle.

Abolish the DHS and sell all that ammo to the public recoup some cost, and pay down the national debt.
edit on 16-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
DHS should be dissolved. However, won't we all miss the agency responsible for protecting the "fatherland"; the red, and yellow warning signals set up by that Moron Tom Ridge; not being able to purchase ammunition for my rifles; not being de-shoed at the airport; and no longer having an agency that views the 99% in this country as the enemy. Maybe they can also dissolve the Executive and Judicial Branch while they are at it. John

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The entire government should be dissolved. None of this will happen though.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
D.H.S. = S.S.

Enough said

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The United States government needs to be dissolved. Period. They are a rogue entity.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The DHS should not be dissolved. It was created to curtail terrorist threats at home which it seems to have done minus the Boston attacks. In a time where the American government has done monstrous things we the public deserve protection against the fair and just attacks of those our military has unjustly laid waste to. The problem is that I thought that that was what the FBI was supposed to be handling. I must admit that I am fairly naive when it comes to the responsibilities of the FBI but from what I've read and heard they were meant to be the governmental police in country and the CIA was for abroad.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hi ATS.

I would like to chime in on this. This boils my blood so I want to come up with some solutions. I have two conclusion/suggestions.

The Washington Post had an interesting article about a year+ ago that talked about the Fort Hood Shooting and how SEVERAL US Alphabet Soup (ABC) agencies had the Fort Hood shooter, fully or somewhat, in their sights. There was a lot of overlap knowledge and duplication of resources between the ABC agencies.

Doing my own research, I was SHOCKED _javascript:icon('
') to find out how many ABC agencies there were (acknowledged) and the amount of overlap of functions they all do. WHAT A WASTE OF MY MONEY!!!! _javascript:icon('
') These people think they are so entitled, and think there's an endless supply of tax dollars. Jobs keep being shipped overseas, which weakens the tax-base, our middle class, if you will. I think that last part is worthy of another post, and I strongly believe that it's being done on purpose, I digress.

From my understanding, this waste IS what DHS is supposed to eliminate. What, do they want more money or Big Brother Control over the American sheep? I'm sure there's a lot of resistance from the other ABC agencies to concede information because of internal power struggles, fear of obsolescence, and lost funding. Because of this internal fear, the American sheep are being setup to FAIL, not succeed. WE are paying the price, not only financially. Because of the ABC agencies' egos, we are being setup to fail. Their pride and greed are affecting us all.

Could the crux of the issue be fear of obsolescence and lost funding? YES. The government spends ungodly amounts of our tax dollars to keep all this ineffective bureaucracy afloat.
Each ABC agency jockeys into position for control and power, regardless of the consequences of the American sheep. NEWS FLASH: The coffers are drying up! Sustainability is no longer a viable option.

Because of the low hit rates to thwart REAL threats, it seems that some ABC agencies concoct threats, called false flag events to validate their own existence.

CONCLUSION:
I think the DHS solution is to consolidate all the related ABC agencies to stop the redundancy and rhetorical fear of obsolescence and lost funding into one agency. Then have an oversight agency, as a control, of the American PEOPLE for funding, function, and adherence to the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Imagine how much tax dollars we would save and the unobstructed stream of useful information to protect the U.S.A.

Here's a thought - How about bringing back our oversea soldiers and have them protect all of our land and shipping boarders? IMAGINE HOW MUCH TAX MONEY WE WOULD SAVE FROM NO OVERSEA MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX DEPLOYMENTS - I'M NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT THE MILITARY! Kick out the illegal immigrants, bring back our soldiers, bring back our oversea jobs, get the people on welfare and food stamps in a job work program - of those who can, get the people on unemployment and looking for jobs employed by the jobs brought back from overseas. Problem solved!!! ??? If everyone is in their right mind and have honest intentions, why would this not work?

I would love to hear from everyone about my two conclusions. Forgive me for any ineptness in posing an argument. I think my ideals are clear to most people, however. Are my ideas too simple or unrealistic? What are the negative aspics that I'm missing? Why, why can't we do this?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by uncuplicum

Well, I'm only human. Apparently there is a 4 hour limit to correct your post.

*Aspect

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have been crying wolf for many years here on ATS and other places. But since when do public opinions really matter? Of course I am really fringe nutjob, who likes beforeitsnews(but the mainstream members here dont), so maybe that explains a lot.

Respectfully lets get rid of this POS asap.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Less Intrusive Government.

Thats what we ALL need.

Problem is, everyone says this until another incident happens on an airplane. Then people will be slobbering over themselves as to why the government dropped the ball and let it happen. Then the government will look at the dismantled DHS offices and say "told ya so".

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by sonnny1

So you consider all of the Taxpaying Public to be Criminals?
Or did I misinterpret your reply?
Please remember "One Line posts" are frowned upon by the Mods/Rules here.
edit on 15-7-2013 by Wildmanimal because: add content

A little surprised you've been here so long and still misinterpret this. (Then again, to be fair, I see it all the time-- even by well seasoned posters.) It's actually minimalistic posts that don't contribute to the discussion that are frowned upon. That second (bold) part is very important. We're talking about posts like:

Yeah, I agree.

Sometimes you can fit a lot of meaning into one short line. From what I've been able to gather, that is acceptable.

Re: title of thread-- "Should the DHS Be Dissolved?"

Yes, preferably in an extra large vat of acid.

Obviously I jest. But in reality I am very suspicious of the (relatively newly created) DHS. I've heard a lot of people compare them to an American SS. Perhaps that analogy is a little extreme. But perhaps there's also a little truth to it. I'll admit I don't know a ton about the agency... but their name sure does seem to pop up quite a lot...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I have mixed feelings on this, part of me says yes. I am torn with the question because of Homeland Security is suppose to protect us. I think it was a program that lost the sight of what it was meant to do.

Is United States a safer country?

I don't believe so if people want to do damage something bad enough sooner or later that damage will occur in one way shape or form. I can understand the want of Homeland Security or the idea, but it hasn't turned out that way. It has become a device in which is used to take away the rights and freedoms of the American people. It has tuned more into a controlling device, because what is controlled loses predictability. With saying that some people will resent the fact of trying to be control and it will eventually create an uproar. We have seen lately the examples of other countries where the people stood up and said hey, "No More" Yes they protested, and yes a lot of people lost their lives, but they accomplished what they wanted to accomplished. If the United States ever comes to that I hope I am dead and buried. If we keep Homeland Security I can see something like that happening because the lost of freedom and so many things that we had to sacrifice, in the name of "safety" in which doesn't really exists. Seriously to be safe is just wishful thinking because if your alive and breathing anything can happen to you. You may lower the chances of possibilities but no one is completely safe.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I'm not implying that. However they would be ideal targets for such propaganda.
Think about it.
Thanks for your replies.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Agreed, this appears to be the case.
Stasi type agencies are historically frowned upon
here in The United States of America.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join