It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't there a way to receive faxes for free???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Isn't there a way to receive faxes for free??? And with no equipment and without these cheesey sites that offer you a fax number for 1 week, that either doesn't work or else is riddled with advertising.

Like I mean a free permanent incoming fax number???

there are many outgoing sites like Faxzero which I use, but I would be good to have a permanent incoming fax line, but I don't want to have to pay for one, and don't have a dedicated landline to set up one.

Any suggestions?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Free Inbound Faxing

My favorite free inbound fax service is Faxaway. This company has been in business since 1995 and despite their "Web 0.9" website, the service is rock solid. Sign up for a free Faxaway account and it will allow you to receive faxes and voicemails for free via your email account.

NEWS FLASH: Faxaway has begun to charge a $1/month fee for the inbound fax service. Not quite free, but still pretty darn cheap.

eFax is another well known free fax service online. They offer three different account types. The eFax FREE account, also referred to as their Limited Account, will provide you with a non-local fax line and up to 20 incoming faxes. But be aware that they call it "Limited" for a good reason. If you receive more than 20 fax pages in any thirty day period, eFax may terminate or suspend your account if you do not upgrade to a paid subscription service.

FaxBetter offers a free toll free fax number to anyone. Faxes are received in your email inbox as a PDF attachment. That's pretty standard, but what separates FaxBetter is that all faxes received are OCRed. This means the actual text from the fax is extracted by Optical Character Recognition and is then embedded into the body of the email, thus making the email searchable in your email program (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.). The free service is limited to 50 incoming pages per month, and you have to receive a fax every 7 days to keep your free toll free fax number.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Buy a fax machine and have your fax and phone number as one.

There's no additional charge on your phone bill.

Fax machine recognizes the fax signal when it comes through the phone ringing (after 3 rings) and automatically picks it up.

No need to even set it up with the phone company, because it has nothing to do with them.

My multi-purpose machine (fax, scan, print, copy) handles it all with no cost except refilling your ink cartridge.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Who still has a land line anyway?
"2nd line"

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
tried all those, they're crap

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Windows 7 Fax and Scan Utility will fax and receive...

new topics

top topics

join