It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need Some New Hobbies, What Are Yours?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Minecraft 360/xbox its a great game you can get very creative its a relaxing fun way to pass the time...here are some of the buildings I have made...
If you choose to do so you can play with other players as well...I am a 50 year old lady BTW so its not just a game for kids....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well a good hobby gets your mind off the day to day grind. So I like TV shows, not the best hobby but it's a bit of an escape from the day to day world. And not cable, that's lame. commercials are lame. I like Ch131 and Pbay. Those 2 sources you can pretty much follow any show you want commerical free. Mind you there's a lot of crap playing as well. I use to workout more, that's a good hobby too.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

*looks over at xbox 360 that is collecting dust*

I might of just found a new hobby......
That's awesome!

My kids have been trying to get me to play minecraft for a few years now.
Didn't know you could get it on the 360!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

You do have to have an xbox live account but we have the family plan that runs 100.00 bucks a year...thats not too bad...We have a pretty long winter here in Montana so me and my sister play it together mostly during those cold snowy winter months...its 50.00 bucks for one person account...let me know if you decide to do this and we could play together sometime...I think your wife would like it too....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Great idea! Would compliment my new cooking skills too! My deck is looking a little nasty so this is a good excuse to clean it and spruce it up.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Nice tips!

I already do a little geocaching. It's a ton of fun and I just use my phone for the GPS. Just got an email from someone wanting a tip on where to find a cache I stashed a few months back. I'm very very sneaky.

I recently replaced the faucets in the bedroom, bath and kitchen. Not too much else to do here really, but I have been wanting to do something about the crooked electrical sockets. Driving me nuts.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Ameilia

Nice tips!

I already do a little geocaching. It's a ton of fun and I just use my phone for the GPS. Just got an email from someone wanting a tip on where to find a cache I stashed a few months back. I'm very very sneaky.

I recently replaced the faucets in the bedroom, bath and kitchen. Not too much else to do here really, but I have been wanting to do something about the crooked electrical sockets. Driving me nuts.

If you enjoy doing the small home improvements, which it sounds like you might as you have already replaced faucets and given evil eyes to your crooked wall sockets (I have some too, very annoying) I recently did switch plate covers in one room. It is the office and between sockets and switches I had to buy 13 covers. Wasn't quite so small of a monetary expense by the time I finished, but they actually had a decent selection at the Walmart of all things. I bought these Walmart link to Venetian Bronze Covers in various sizes.

If you wanted to fix your crooked sockets you could plan on cover replacement at the same time. Even my husband said when they were done how nice it was, and that he didn't really 'get it' when I said I was going to do it but he now understood why I had.

Also, lots of libraries have a free magazine area where people donate magazines when anyone can then come pick up. I rounded up some stuff and donated it so I could take a look, and I found many ideas for home improvements just looking at the pictures of rooms. Magazines are always showcasing something huge like a couch, but its the details I am watching. This is a good way to get ideas, and also, you're looking for more socialization so the library might be a great place to visit anyway.

And in the previous post, I forgot to mention plays. If there's not a local theatre in your city there might be one close enough to make the drive. Tickets are usually cheap, and most theatres have a free night as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by badgerprints

SCUBA is a great idea and something I've considered. The classes aren't that pricey and I love the water. Good call. How hard is doing stained glass? Would I need a ton of space? I think I could get into that.

I actually took a class that lasted 3 evenings, 6 hours total.
It cost 300 dollars but that included all of the basic tools, enough glass for a project 1x3 feet in size and hands on instruction.
It can get pricey but that all depends on materials and the size of the piece you are making.
The copper foil method is good for small things and the lead came method is for larger pieces.
You can start out with a work area the size of a kitchen table but use plywood to cover the table and a room where you don't eat.
A project room or workshop is best because you are breaking glass and soldering with lead.

The hardest part of doing stained glass is deciding what to make next.

Scuba is the best thing I ever got into.
Most of my dives were in Sharm El Sheikh Egypt in the Red Sea so now I'm spoiled.
edit on 17-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Make sure your suspension is tip top before you get started

My suspension is tighter than a gnats ass and I'm probably going to bite the bullet and drop an obscene amount of cash on it in the next few months. Under 3k miles and I already have an itch to void that part of the warranty. Don't encourage me like that.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Im learning smart phone programming. Download Visual studio 2012 express (its free) and do some tutorials and start designing a phone application.

www.microsoft.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Just encouraging you Domo! Why pay for it if you're not gonna play? That's what big boy toys are made for silly!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I took up bird watching/photography about a year ago, I find it very interesting and it is a good way to pass the time, plus its a good way to get exercise so that's and added bonus. A lot depends on where you live, I live near a lot of parks and storm ponds so theres a lot more to see than if I lived in the middle of a city.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Magazines are always showcasing something huge like a couch, but its the details I am watching.

I agree that the details can really change a place. I'm actually fairly proud of the way my place is furnished, it's the little things that drive me nuts.

I might look into going to a play. I'm not really sure what there is around here, but considering the location I am willing to bet there is something. I think that's my big problem, my friends are all a little stuck in their ways and I want to branch out some more.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by grey9438

I live between a greenbelt and a big city, but I get deer in the creek behind my place all the time, bald eagles and some other gorgeous birds, my blue jay buddies are being quiet lately though.

I don't really get bird watching unless you're snapping pictures. I bought a decent camera awhile back that I should probably learn how to use. Good idea. I don't want to toot my own horn but I do seem to have a good eye for photography. You get bonus points, this is one that I am actually going to pursue.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Stop tempting me to void my warranty! She's just a practical sedan.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Glad you found it helpful. I always take my camera with me because is nice to have photos of what you saw.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Stop tempting me to void my warranty! She's just a practical sedan.

My Mustang is "practically a sedan" too but sometimes she needs to "stretch" a little bit so she doesn't get complacent- if you know what I mean!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join