It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasury: Debt Has Been Exactly $16,699,396,000,000.00 for 56 Days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

(CNSNews.com) - According to the Daily Treasury Statement for July 12, which the U.S. Treasury released this afternoon, the federal debt that is currently subject to a legal limit of $16,699,421,095,673.60 has stood at exactly $16,699,396,000,000.00 for 56 straight days.

cnsnews.com...

Please check it out for yourself at:

www.fms.treas.gov...

I don't know about everyone else, but isn't that obviously cooking the books? The debt limit was hit on May 17th:

fms.treas.gov...

So the debt complied from Sept 30, 2012 to April 1, 2013 was about 725 Billion....about 4 billion a day. So taking that information and assuming the debt incurred during the 56 days is the same you are looking at about 400 billion. So where are they getting the money from? No one has voted to increase the debt limit?

Perhaps it has to deal with this letter:

www.treasury.gov...

What involves these extraordinary measures? So what do you think?....and if you have any information to the contrary please feel free to inform.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

So let me get this straight.
After punching out more debt on new credit cards,
extending the legal limit allowable several times,
printing new money like mad,
they STILL have to illegally cook the books to stop official bankruptcy.

Yep, that economy is doing fine alright.

If I was a rat, I'd be jumping ship.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Why has it stopped? Its been steadily increasing for years until now. And then all of a sudden it just stops. I'm really interested to know why it suddenly stopped reflecting the inflow and outflow of our assets.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
secrets....Continuity of Govt....people aren't filled in on everything because, you know, the people would panic..its classified..

considering the above. and the fact the govt expects us to be blind, dumb and naked..

what if the NATO entity has already assumed command and we just arent being told,.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Thanks for the heads- up, this is most unsettling. It reminds me of
Rumsfeld the day before you know when he refused to answer
Congressperson from Georgia's question "Where'd the two and a half
trillion go, Mr Secretary?"

Same thing here, essentially, like the M3. We're just not telling you
what your money's worth anymore, so whatya gonna do?

If I had an e-bag or a wrist reel ol' buddy I'd be bailing for a 20th floor
deli right now, ground level looks kind of dicey too.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Is this not accurate? U.S. National Debt Clock It's still ticking away.

Same here.
edit on 15-7-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Well you know that's a big load of bull! There is no way in hell the national debt has stayed the exact same amount for even two days in a row, much less over fifty! Like they haven't spent or gained a single cent? How stupid do they think we are? I'd bet my life that the amount changes by millions if not billions every single day!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Well there has to be a Congressional Approval to increase the ceiling.
So the Sum is pegged until further notice.
In the meantime, there are "emergency funds" that can fill the void.

But the truth is,
The man behind the curtain just presses a few buttons and pulls a lever
and then everything is A.O.K. for the time being.

Or at least we hope so.

Anyway, Pay No Attention To The Man Behind The Curtain!

The Great and Powerful Oz Has Spoken. Cheers, and best to you. S&F

edit on 15-7-2013 by Wildmanimal because: Add Info

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I read the letter/report there and that's very interesting. It's nothing juicy for conspiracy or even all that painful for anyone unless it carries on for a length of time. Basically, they're saying they bring in enough to fund almost everything in Government without Congress's help on debt limits, but not all of it. So, they're simply ending the funding into the Federal Government Employees Retirement Fund, Railroad retirement fund, Local Securities and of course, playing Collection agent to chase down that 60 Billion payment out of Fannie Mae. Perhaps they didn't even have to chase it.

The problem here is a real simple one, IMO. The last budget this nation had was passed as George W. Bush's TARP related 'Emergency Budget' carried over in 2009.

Bringing that up specifically matters because as the last official budget of the United States, it's the base the rest has been built, carried over, 'deemed and passed' and spending bill'ed from since. Probably the worst and most open ended budget for it's emergency tone.... and it's what they're still basing the bills from in terms of a legal point.

Now if Interest rates rise? We get to see what it looks like when extraordinary becomes catastrophic for executive cuts in spending to hold at and not break the official debt limit. I find this interesting because it shows they actually ARE following some basic laws and necessary principles. No 'print their way out' here. It's cut their way to meet the number.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
Is this not accurate? U.S. National Debt Clock It's still ticking away.

Of course its not accurate.
Its just a bit of code continually incrementing some numbers.

I would suppose that the people behind the website update the algoritms every once in a while so that the numbers match the official reports to some degree, but at a any specific moment you visit the site its just a extrapolation.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Just wondering how many really understand the term trillion?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yet Official government numbers are always accurate Right?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Mine still works...
Debt Clock

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Could the fact that the fed is buying up 86 billion in government bondsa month be a factor? Add the fact the the true nature of the feds interest rates could be negative? The last is speculation on my part but here is a link to the source of the fed buying bonds. I don't understand the ramifications of the fed buying government debt, if this strengthens the dollar by reducing the effects of QE because I'm dumb on that!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The term "exactly" and a figure that large ending in a million even does not make sense to me. Either exactly has been rounded or debt only comes in 100 thousand dollar increments.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

This type of news is what I would call...

Propaganda.

Big or small, it doesn't change what it is. Sadly most people will see it on the evening news or on the front page of a newspaper and buy into with patriotic fervor...America the land of the free is alive and well!

The United States Can Now Use Its Own Propagana on US Citizens

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Several years ago I got some impression that the debt was in the double digit heptillions - that is 24 zeros without the dot Like maybe 16,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. Maybe that includes all the not announced government asset programs in other countries, plus the black market money being circulated worldwide, which officials can't prove or deny, and they're not exactly cooking books because there aren't books. Maybe that's a big net anticipation number that could happen, maybe it's the sum of all the on-book countries of a certain arrangement, I don't know. So I got past the sticker shock already. And suddenly, those billionaires that are working their bank piles to go into trillions don't look so greedy and the number is so large it is mind-numbing.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
First Detroit and next New York. It will trickle down somewhere! OOPS Trickle Up!

The only option I see is a Federal and State Bankruptcy. Then a new currency. Guess what happens then?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
First Detroit and next New York. It will trickle down somewhere! OOPS Trickle Up!

The only option I see is a Federal and State Bankruptcy. Then a new currency. Guess what happens then?

North American Union.

Complete with new currency.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I hope it soon isnt rounded off to 20,000,000,000,000.00 for the Treasury debt. Can you imagine a treasury selling bubble burst? People fleeing the "safety" of notes!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join