It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "whitening" of George Zimmerman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Just wondering if Zimmerman played along with this charade. He went through some transformation during this event. He certainly looked Latino before he was placed on national TV, but that didn't fit the narative now, did it? You be the judge.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
He still looks hispanic to me. Just looks like he put on a lot of weight. Which could have been to garner sympathy and make himself look less aggressive or genuine depression. I'd say if I was hiding in isolation in a house all day looking at 20-life in jail, knowing that half the country hated me I might spend all day eating.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Honestly it what if they are two different actors? After all the media is just a "god d***** amusement park"

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Different lighting angles, different lighting color temperatures, different lighting ambiance, all change how you look on a photo color wise.

But every photo looks to me like hes at least partially hispanic. You dont look hispanic because of your skin color; you look hispanic (or not) due to your facial structure. Thats the most revealing aspect of a persons heritage in this context, not their specific skin color.

edit on 7/15/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So what you're saying is he looks more "white" because he gained weight and shaved his face? Disappointing, and distracting. And have you seen the jury? Were they all "white?" If not, then how would he benefit?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
In the past, there have been some threads (at least one) about the use of editing software like Photoshop by liberal news outlets to make Zimmerman appear white.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by centhwevir1979
So what you're saying is he looks more "white" because he gained weight and shaved his face? Disappointing, and distracting. And have you seen the jury? Were they all "white?" If not, then how would he benefit?

Not sure if this was a reply to my OP. The jury was comprised of five white women and one Hispanic woman. Heck that was a slam dunk jury for him to begin with. Would you pick that jury if you were the prosecutor? Doesn't sound right, does it? Nope.

He looks more white, well because his skin is more white. One poster claims different lighting, well that's bunk. He looks more white because that's what he became. His skin got lighter and his hair style and texture changed. He even changed the way he combed it when it grew in.

Well I just put this out there ad as I said, you be the judge. I know what I think about it.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I see 7 pictures of a guy with South American ancestry.

If you have this mom you are a white guy....

If you have this mom then you are a black guy....

And if the President had a son he would be just like this...

It is funny how everything fits so well....

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Why can't he be white and Latino or "Hispanic" at the same time?

I know all kinds of white "Hispanics".

My mom is a white Hispanic.

Just don't call her a Mexican, she'll kill you.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by evictiongnostic

Looks hispanic?
You mean like how this person looks Hispanic?

Hispanics range the spectrum from white, black, ameroindian to asian.

I'm Hispanic and when I was born I had red hair. Go figure.

There is no such thing as a looks hispanic because hispanics are a range of colors.
edit on 15-7-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Why can't he be white and Latino or "Hispanic" at the same time?

I know all kinds of white "Hispanics".

My mom is a white Hispanic.

Just don't call her a Mexican, she'll kill you.

My god just pick a color!!!

Other wise you might have more colors than names....

Coming from a guy with a wife with too many names....

edit on 15-7-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This is what people just don't get and why the argument is so specious: It doesn't matter what race Zimmerman is, it only matters that Martin's race was African American ...as that's why he was likely profiled and likely why no charges were filed for 41 days. Upshot - the Justice system does not serve African-American males well whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Bilk22: precisely what does "look Latino" look like to you? What sort of stereotypes are you promoting? How come you put it along classic jailhouse divides?

Photos of a person who has been in jail and is wearing the uniform, they're always going to be grungy and unkempt compared to looking spiffy.

From where he began to where he wound up, he put on a lot of weight, likely to psych meds (chemical restraints) that anybody under suspicion of anything gets these days. He might have stayed indoors for a long time and that's why he is more pale than before. He didn't get a direct genetic re-sequencing. But to see all that and create the divide there, that's something screwed up to propagate opinions about.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

People change....what are you like twenty something? Our physical characteristics change with age. I look at pics of me when I was 19 and 23 and 33e and now in my 40s. Grow the * up!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Do you suppose that wearing a leg band and being held prisoner in hiding somewhere for 16 months might not get you the best tan and exercise?

Do ya suppose?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Upshot - the Justice system does not serve African-American males well whatsoever.

Sometimes people wonder why young black males are profiled... Your statement might have some truth, but I would say to you that young black males are kind of hard on themselves, and we don't even bat an eye....

Below is the list of people killed this year in Chicago

– Marlon Young, a 39 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Auburn Gresham.
– Marquise Chandler, a 20 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in West Garfield Park.
– Georgina Randell, a 30 year old black female, caused by a gunshot in North Lawndale.
– Ed Cooper, a 15 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Humboldt Park.
– Ramone Godfrey, a 19 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in New City.
– Patricia Martin, a 40 year old black female, caused by a assault in Roseland.
– Terry Patterson, a 48 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in East Garfield Park.
– Jerimiah Milsap, a 24 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Near West Side.
– Shavonte Howard, a 20 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Gage Park.
– Aurelia Wilborn, a 64 year old unknown female, caused by a stabbing in Roseland.
– Elliott Frazier, a 26 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Rogers Park.
– Marlon Obanner, a 31 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in West Englewood.
– Steve Mabins, a 21 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in East Garfield Park.
– Theodis Young, a 36 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Greater Grand Crossing.
– Ernest McMullen, a 26 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Woodlawn.
– Rayford Brown, a 24 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in South Shore.
– William Jones, a 26 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Auburn Gresham.
– Damani Henard, a 14 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Austin.
– Ashley Hardmon, a 19 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Austin.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
– Terrence Graves, a 23 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Washington Heights.
– Stephon Miller, a 18 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Washington Heights.
– Jordan Jefferson, a 24 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in South Shore.
– Shannon Ware, a 28 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in West Pullman.
– Malcolm Whitney, a 16 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in South Shore.
– Aaron Knox, a 29 year old black male, caused by a stabbing in New City.
– Chavonne Brown, a 31 year old black female, caused by a gunshot in New City.
– Sterling Sims, a 5 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in New City.
– Freddy Lara, a 31 year old white male, caused by a gunshot in West Lawn.
– Tracey Gipson, a 18 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in South Shore.
– Robert Douglas, a 31 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Englewood.
– Cortez Bailey, a 23 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in South Shore.
– Marissa Boyd-Stangley, a 19 year old black female, caused by a gunshot in Greater Grand Crossing.
– Sarah Kresilova, a 24 year old white female, caused by a stabbing in Dunning.
– Eduardo Venagas, a 18 year old white male, caused by a gunshot in Mckinley Park.
– Justin Jackson, a 22 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in South Shore.
– Carl Austin, a 20 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in South Chicago.
– Uriel Guadarramo, a 36 year old white male, caused by a gunshot in Avondale.
– Rene Segundo Soto, a 21 year old white male, caused by a gunshot in Belmont Cragin.
– James Wright, a 56 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Near North Side.
– Vincent Mayes, a 31 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in West Garfield Park.
– Luis Santana, a 21 year old white male, caused by a gunshot in West Town.
– Edward James Scott, a 48 year old black male, caused by a assault in Burnside.
– Alexander Lagunas, a 18 year old white male, caused by a gunshot in South Lawndale.
– Jamal Jones, a 19 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Englewood.
– Cortez Wilberton, a 31 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in West Garfield Park.
– Kevin Rivera, a 16 year old white male, caused by a gunshot in Humboldt Park.
– Todd Wood, a 40 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Greater Grand Crossing.
– Ricardo Herrera, a 21 year old white male, caused by a gunshot in South Lawndale.
– McGregory Porter, a 24 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Austin.
– Robert Allen, a 19 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Englewood.
– Fernando Mondragan, a 18 year old white male, caused by a gunshot in Brighton Park.
– Brandon Cage, a black male, caused by a gunshot in Chicago Lawn.
– Dwayne Duckworth, a 42 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in West Englewood.
– Miguel Tharpe, a 35 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Austin.
– April McDaniel, a 18 year old black female, caused by a gunshot in Englewood.
– Virginia Spaulding, a 70 year old black female, caused by a stabbing in Avalon Park.
– Fredrick Taylor, a 27 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Greater Grand Crossing.
– Derrick Burrows, a 30 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Austin.
– Jeremiah Moore, a 24 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in East Garfield Park.
– George Anderson, a 29 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Chicago Lawn.
– Miguel Villegas, a 15 year old white male, caused by a gunshot in Gage Park.
– Jessie Clark, a 20 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Roseland.

Actually I lied...

This is how many have been killed for the month of June and part of July in Chicago...

If young black males were only profiled/labeled because they are black then 80 year old black grandmothers would be profiled too....

Food for thought....

edit on 15-7-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

This is what black youth in Chicago is like.

This is the attitude that will get you shot.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Those are just music videos. Wouldn't videos of actual, non-rehearsed behaviors be more supportive of the point you're attempting to make?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by centhwevir1979
Those are just music videos. Wouldn't videos of actual, non-rehearsed behaviors be more supportive of the point you're attempting to make?

Would you care to walk the streets of Chicago with a go cam to prove the point?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join