It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much time do you spend on ATS? Is it an addiction?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Okay .... I feel better.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Hardly hijacking it. If anything its a very interesting contribution. Obviously Rising Against has spent enough time here that he has learned to prank the site effectively. I would say that is very topic relevant!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think we're all addicted, a little bit anyway.

You folks make me laugh. thanks.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Hardly hijacking it. If anything its a very interesting contribution. Obviously Rising Against has spent enough time here that he has learned to prank the site effectively. I would say that is very topic relevant!

i agree its a very interesting contribution, but i cant see it being topic relevant.
perhaps hijacking was the wrong word
edit on 16/7/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Probably an hour total each day. It would be longer if we had more Nibiru threads.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

i agree its a very interesting contribution, but i cant see it being topic relevant.

If a psychologist was sitting here looking at his post and prank, I think they might consider it the most relevant post in the thread. It shows a deep familiarity with the site, born of long hours spent here, and a level of comfort with, and immersion in the online environment provided by the site. I fail to see how anything could be more relevant to the topic personally speaking.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
I know this member is obviously addicted, has no life and really should spend more time outside..

Noo in all seriousness, this is a fun site to participate in. Lot's of great people here, lot's of intelligence can be found and lot's of fun to be had too, so It's no surprise to me that some spend a great deal of time browsing, reading and also posting here. Me personally, I've been away quite recently but before that I would check the site everyday at the very least. I would sometimes spend a short amount of time here, sometimes a bit longer (such as hours at a time), but yeah, I'd check it everyday like I do with my emails or maybe facebook too. And I'd throw in a post whenever was necessary too.
edit on 15-7-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Oh gawd I fell for that one when I clicked on the link. That caught me off guard.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by playernumber13

Back on topic as they say, on average every week how many hours do you spend on this website ?

During your time here how often do you reply to a thread? (Percentage).

Just curious. Just 4 fun.

On average, 7. An hour a day

It's pretty small percentage. I do more reading than replying anymore. People who pay attention know where I stand on things, so replying to the same types of topics over and over again gets pretty redundant. Like relationships for example. I used to reply there quite often but don't anymore. Who wants to hear relationship advice from someone who's been divorced twice? What the hell do I know?

An meeting new women? Everyone's different and I really don't think my opinion on that holds any sway with anyone, so I just keep my mouth shut anymore. You REALLY don't want to know how I attract women. Trust me.

Social issues? I've had a lot of different types of social experiences so I will chime in once in a blue moon if something piques my interest. Typically though, I see the same thing re-hashed on this site year after year, so that part of this site doesn't really interest me much anymore.

Educational issues........I'll talk your ear off if I think you'll listen.

Music forums......I can post there non stop for a month and not play the same song twice.

Paranormal....... I think I'll start going back and haunt those boards again. 8 years ago when I used another username that has been long forgotten, that's all I used to do. That and the alien forums.

In closing, I'm not one of those who live here. I come down to the dungeon every now and then to rattle the chains, scare the locals and annoy the neighbors. Just a ghost in the machine my friend.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I checked out the profile.

That poster is absolutely brilliant...

Addicted?......Guilty as charged.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I used to come here for alternative news, now I may as well just go to a mainstream website because its pretty much the same content 90% of the time

I feel like I'm bashing the website more than I'm adding actual content, maybe I need a brake or ATS needs a revamp and get back to basics. I understand we can generate decent conversations about current mainstream affairs but its gone a little bit too far now, the content has majorly changed this past 2-3 years

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Dude, I almost fell for it. Then I remembered that I actually spend more timing sitting on my butt gaming then here.
That's where my true addiction lies.

To the OP: I spend a couple hours in the a.m. looking at ATS while drinking copious amounts of coffee since my brain has a slow reboot (explains the "need more coffee!" edits). Then I try to do things, hurt myself or tucker out, and may venture back while I take a break. Might check in to see what's going on in the pm. If I see something that interests me a lot, I'll be on longer typing up replies or searching for stuff to add to a subject. Is it an addiction? I'd say that I suffer from an information addiction but not an ATS addiction. I typically find that the news stories get posted here tend to be more interesting to me than CNN or any other news aggregator, which tends to fill me with nausea at all the front page celeb stories and the like. You guys frequently cut the feel good fluff and I like that right along with the diversity of opinions.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This site has got me so far

It's honestly better than reading boring un-intelligent #e on facebook... Like you can't honestly have
conversations like these on there.

I check in here a couple of times a day, so in total... perhaps.. an hour or so a day

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
How much time do I spend here? Apparently, enough time that at any given minute that I am on-line, my fiance assumes I am here. I spend quite a bit of time online.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

If a psychologist was sitting here looking at his post and prank, I think they might consider it the most relevant post in the thread. It shows a deep familiarity with the site, born of long hours spent here, and a level of comfort with, and immersion in the online environment provided by the site. I fail to see how anything could be more relevant to the topic personally speaking.

ok, hands up time
i got it wrong, but i didnt mean it in any negative way
it was just an observation of a point

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join