It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juror: 'No doubt' that Zimmerman feared for his life

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by muse7
but thank god his bad judgement only resulted in the death of a black teenager.

Is race the only thing that matters to you? Would you be equally as outraged if Martin was white? I highly doubt it! Bad judgement does not equal manslaughter. There are other facts that had to be considered, and at the end of the day Zimmerman was found not guilty based on those facts.

The prosecution chose all women because they would be "emotionally charged" and they were sure it would lead to a conviction. Even after all the evidence rigging by omission, and seeking an "emotionally charged" jury it all still blew up in their face.

Would Zimmerman have been equally as outraged if Martin was white? I highly doubt it.

if GZ would have seen anybody, black, white, pink, or polka dotted, at night in the cold rain wearing a hoodie, wandering around looking at houses,( i mean come on even chickens got enough sense to get out of the rain) that took notice of him and started to leave the area at that moment, he would have called 911 and done the same thing. a dark rainy cold night is perfect cover for those who are up to no good.

also it is a known fact, that there had been a string of burglarizes in the neighborhood. and the description given of the suspects, were black teens, so who wouldn't on a cold, dark, rainy night, knowing what has been happening, not be suspicious. GM wasn't outraged, he was not ranting and raving or carrying on.

Nah, he wasn't outraged that there was a black kid wandering the streets during a time when you say crimes were happening and the cops told him not to do anything about it.

You're totally right. I mean, if he were outraged, someone might have been killed, right?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Is race the only thing that matters to you? Would you be equally as outraged if Martin was white? I highly doubt it! Bad judgement does not equal manslaughter. There are other facts that had to be considered, and at the end of the day Zimmerman was found not guilty based on those facts.

The prosecution chose all women because they would be "emotionally charged" and they were sure it would lead to a conviction. Even after all the evidence rigging by omission, and seeking an "emotionally charged" jury it all still blew up in their face.

Would Zimmerman have been equally as outraged if Martin was white? I highly doubt it.

if GZ would have seen anybody, black, white, pink, or polka dotted, at night in the cold rain wearing a hoodie, wandering around looking at houses,( i mean come on even chickens got enough sense to get out of the rain) that took notice of him and started to leave the area at that moment, he would have called 911 and done the same thing. a dark rainy cold night is perfect cover for those who are up to no good.

also it is a known fact, that there had been a string of burglarizes in the neighborhood. and the description given of the suspects, were black teens, so who wouldn't on a cold, dark, rainy night, knowing what has been happening, not be suspicious. GM wasn't outraged, he was not ranting and raving or carrying on.

Nah, he wasn't outraged that there was a black kid wandering the streets during a time when you say crimes were happening and the cops told him not to do anything about it.

You're totally right. I mean, if he were outraged, someone might have been killed, right?

last reply to you,

i'm not the one who said it.

it is a fact it was a dark cold rainy night, it was testified to by many witnesses on both the prosecution and the defense, and if you doubt them, go back and check the weather for that night.

it is a fact, it was testified to by the prosecution's witness, the 911 dispatcher, sean noffke that they can not order anybody to do any thing, they can only suggest that people do this or that. because if something goes wrong, the city can be held liable.

all this and more is available, on you tube and many other sites,.

arm your self with the facts and Stop Being Ignorant / Deny Ignorance

edit on 16-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Willtell

And that is why you should never assault somebody who has a gun. It could end very badly as it did for Martin in this instance. Not sure why this lady was dense. She went over the evidence put forth by the prosecutor and came to the conclusion obviously that Martin was in fact the assailant and Zimmerman was in fact defending himself.

I'm British, so missed much of this.

So Zimmerman was walking down the street, minding his own business, when he was attacked by Martin and shot him in self defence? Is that right?

In that case, yes, he should be let off

On the other hand .......

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

What? No. Not even close.

Zimmerman was in his car, doing his neighborhood watch patrol when he saw Martin. I don't remember anymore what Martin was doing, but Zimmerman reported a suspicious person in a hoodie to the police. The police then told him NOT to confront the person and to stay in his vehicle.

Zimmerman ignored this and confronted Martin. Tempers escalated, a fight started, and Martin ended up shot dead.

As I said earlier, had Zimmerman stayed in his car as instructed, two lives would not have been changed forever.
edit on 16-7-2013 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Yeah, That's basically my point - I was being sarcastic.

IMO had Zimmerman not confronted Taylor, as advised by the police not to do, both would be walking the street free today.

Whether Tayor was intent on committing a crime later is a moot point.

In the UK Zimmerman would, I think, been found guilty of manslaughter, if not murder. He unnecessarily precipitated the confrontation and therefore loses the argument of self defence..

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by AndyMayhew

What? No. Not even close.

Zimmerman was in his car, doing his neighborhood watch patrol when he saw Martin. I don't remember anymore what Martin was doing, but Zimmerman reported a suspicious person in a hoodie to the police. The police then told him NOT to confront the person and to stay in his vehicle.

Zimmerman ignored this and confronted Martin. Tempers escalated, a fight started, and Martin ended up shot dead.

As I said earlier, had Zimmerman stayed in his car as instructed, two lives would not have been changed forever.
edit on 16-7-2013 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

no, thats not what the dispatcher said,
after zimmerman had already exited his vehicle and was following a suspicous person on private property the dispatcher asked him if he was following the person, zimmerman replyed "yes", at that point the dispatcher replied, "we don`t need you to do that"

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Yeah, That's basically my point - I was being sarcastic.

IMO had Zimmerman not confronted Taylor, as advised by the police not to do, both would be walking the street free today.

Whether Tayor was intent on committing a crime later is a moot point.

In the UK Zimmerman would, I think, been found guilty of manslaughter, if not murder. He unnecessarily precipitated the confrontation and therefore loses the argument of self defence..

as the owner of private property you have the right to follow, question or confront anyone who is on your property. That is a private community, all the roads sidwalks and other infrastructure in that community is paid for and maintained by the property owners of the community, no tax payer money is used for that purpose.
martin didn`t live there, zimmerman lived there, martin was a visitor on someone else`s private property, zimmerman was a property owner.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You think so? Then how do you explain this.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

If he were white (and the jury were the same women), I believe whole heartedly that Zimmerman would have been convicted for manslaughter.

Not enough evidence for 'Manslaughter' which defined by law is when a person intentionally sets out to kill some one with hatred or ill-will.
Zimmerman was shown to have neither.

Now if they had chosen 'Involuntary' Manslaughter, well that might have been a different out come.

But now the Prosecution is in the hot seat for withholding information/evidence that could have helped the defense further. Which in turn would have hurt their case against Zimmerman, which clearly they didn't want.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey is under fire for several issues including when she drew up a misleading and deceptive affidavit against Zimmerman back in 2012 in order to start the ball rolling towards the trial, bypassing the usual grand jury process.
Talks of having her disbarred have been floating around.

I watched the trial and many of the prosecution witnesses actually confirmed and helped the defense.
What bothered me in the closing argument was when the prosecutor was trying to make fun of GZ for not being exact about the number of times his head was hit and the lawyer said, "If his head was hit 25 times or more, then he'd be dead". And I thought, isn't that the whole premise to 'Stand Your Ground'?? To be able to use self defense when afraid for your life??

Skin color had nothing to do with this, despite what the MSM would like you to think.
They are the great manipulators of hate and dividing the people.
Shame on them.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

last reply to you,

i'm not the one who said it.

it is a fact it was a dark cold rainy night, it was testified to by many witnesses on both the prosecution and the defense, and if you doubt them, go back and check the weather for that night.

it is a fact, it was testified to by the prosecution's witness, the 911 dispatcher, sean noffke that they can not order anybody to do any thing, they can only suggest that people do this or that. because if something goes wrong, the city can be held liable.

all this and more is available, on you tube and many other sites,.

arm your self with the facts and Stop Being Ignorant / Deny Ignorance

edit on 16-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

So?

How does that change the =FACT= that George Zimmerman shot and killed and innocent boy?

If George Zimmerman is innocent because he was found not Guilty.. well Trayvon is innocent because he will never stand trial and be prosecuted for any crimes. He will never be found guilty. If the only thing keeping George Zimmerman from being guilty is the technicality of law, then that technicality also means George Zimmerman shot and killed an innocent boy.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

so here we are at least one juror belived that GZ was in fear for his life. she also thought that his heart was in the right place and that he went overboard in his response, just as i and other have said time and time again he was in fear for his life and shot TM thinking he was gonna die.

i wonder when the rest are gonna come out if at all.

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

There is one glaring thing about this whole case that has me wondering why people are leaning the way they are about this case. On ATS and the net in general, people piss and moan anytime a police officer kills some unarmed guy. But hey its ok if joe blow neighborhood watch follows someone, picks a fight knowing that if push comes to shove, the other guy doesnt have a gun. Just putting that out there.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

There are also a large number of people on this site who find fault in everything the police do. I think you have to consider that when comparing the two. Plenty of people cry crocodile tears and use these types of situations to push their own agendas.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

Originally posted by ANNED
The whole point in many state CCW laws is to put the fear of getting shot in criminals mind.

Texas and Florida are a couple of those states.

Racism plays into this case in that black criminals have a greater fear of getting shot.
If they were not criminals they would not need to fear.

Blacks have a completely different mind set
Just watch the show Hardcore Pawn on Reality-TV

Only blacks try to DEMAND that the pawnshop buy or take in pawn items for the price the they want.
Pawn shops as with any business have the right to refuse any business.

This mind set is not racist its just that these people are morons

so you have come to the conclusion that black people are morons from a reality show? so what should i think of white people from honey boo boo or duck dynasty, do you realize how ignorant your post was? i feel you made a very uneducated statement and i am trying my hardest not to start name calling but that statement you made has to be one of the most uneducated statements i have ever read and you got 3 stars for it.

I was just thinking to myself and said "That person is a retard". Reality TV out of all things..... I hope they find life on another planet. I'd volunteer to relocate from this one.

Also, I'm half African-American and Hispanic and I'll make sure to not wear anything covering my head while walking at night in the rain for fear that someone will profile me for wearing a damn hoodie in the rain. I must be crazy!
edit on 17-7-2013 by cd5love96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

so here we are at least one juror belived that GZ was in fear for his life. she also thought that his heart was in the right place and that he went overboard in his response, just as i and other have said time and time again he was in fear for his life and shot TM thinking he was gonna die.

i wonder when the rest are gonna come out if at all.

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Shouldn't we deal with facts, whatever we think of this case? The juror wasn't there, her opinion is her opinion based on the 'evidence' provided by the defense. If her feeling is correct or not we will never know as the other person involved in this is dead.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

If anything, Zimmerman was guilty of not using "good judgment," the juror said.

Then that's manslaughter..but thank god his bad judgement only resulted in the death of a black teenager.

Not exactly.
Florida Manslaughter Laws
If you are saying Zimmerman is guilty of manslaughter ... then so is Martin.
Both of them made the bad decision not to walk away. BOTH.

Except that GZ wasn't punished for his role in the crime & TM paid with his life.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Doubt can be frightening for a believer, it can be so frightening that some people suppress any doubt, no matter how much counter evidence they are presented with. Doubt is not evil, it is a tool for discovering truth that you are doubting is a good sign. It means you’re thinking critically, broad-minded in all things especially in financial matters and not simply accepting things because someone says so. Doubt shouldn’t be feared and battled. If we love truth, it should be embraced.

personalmoneynetwork.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join