It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, China block U.N. condemnation of Iran missile tests

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I'm not saying to take my word for it... Why? Because it's happening.

You want a example. Look at Africa.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

The thread isn't about Africa but if you must:
www.nytimes.com...
www.reuters.com...
edit on 17-7-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Okay so there's drones there... Doesn't deter away from the fact there is still war there....

But you are right it is offtopic.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by neo96

Haha and the whole time I thought it was the US and friends that took down the governments of Iraq, Afghanistan,Libya and now Syria, when it was actually Iran...silly me

Hmm let's see:

U.S. officials say they have found smoking-gun evidence of Iranian support for terrorists in Iraq: brand-new weapons fresh from Iranian factories. According to a senior defense official, coalition forces have recently seized Iranian-made weapons and munitions that bear manufacturing dates in 2006.

First Iran was against it before they were for it

Hezbollah eh?

Iran Funnels New Weapons to Iraq and Afghanistan

Since 2008, the Islamic Republic of Iran has continued to pursue a coordinated soft-power strategy throughout its sphere of influence, using political, economic, and military tools to promote its agenda. Unlike the period of the early 2000s, however, Iran’s payoff for that strategy is in doubt. The Arab Spring has presented Tehran with new opportunities but also new challenges in the Middle East. In general, it has brought a growing Sunni-Shi’a sectarian tinge to regional conflict, and Iran finds itself on the wrong side of that fight in most countries in the region. As that sectarian conflict spreads, Iran will have more difficulty presenting itself as a pan-Islamist regional leader—and Saudi Arabia, and possibly Turkey, likely will emerge as the obvious and natural Sunni Arab resistance to the Persian Shi’a. - See more at: www.understandingwar.org...

www.understandingwar.org...

Well Iran has been right in the thick of it fighting the US and friends and making gains off it as now Iraq, and Iran are on friendly terms, and Iran and Afghanistan are on friendly terms.

So was Iran on the side of the Iraqi's, or Afghani's, or Syrian's or Lebanese ?

Not even close for Iran it is all about their power and influence in the region.

And by soft power that means using the MOIS, and supplying weapons and cash to otherthrow anyone not useful to what it wants.

Pretty much like Russia and China does even the US for that fact.

To repeat the Us does some messed up stuff, don't get why people act like Russia, China, and Iran are little innocent angels.
edit on 17-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Try ILLEGAL ACT OF WAR drones.
I'm pretty sure the 5000 US combat marines are not there to plant tree's,teach irrigation and play paddy-cake with the locals.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And to see that argument, the US supports the Taliban, Al'Qaeda and now the Syrian Rebel Army...

But that has nothing to do with the fact that Iran are making Long Range Ballistic Missiles.
All in the hopes to better defend themselves with.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
reply to post by neo96

And to see that argument, the US supports the Taliban, Al'Qaeda and now the Syrian Rebel Army...

But that has nothing to do with the fact that Iran are making Long Range Ballistic Missiles.
All in the hopes to better defend themselves with.

SEE THIS?

nd to see that argument, the US supports the Taliban, Al'Qaeda and now the Syrian Rebel Army...

Doesn't have a DAMN thing to do with this:

Diplomats said it was Russia, backed by China, that refused to declare Tehran's missile launches a violation of the U.N. restrictions, as a U.N. Panel of Experts on Iran said was the case.

Missiles they will probably sell to the TALIBAN

KABUL—Iran has allowed the Taliban to open an office in eastern Iran and discussed providing them with surface-to-air missiles, ramping up the potential for cooperation with the insurgents, according to senior Afghan and Western officials.

online.wsj.com...

The State Department released its Country Reports on Terrorism 2012 yesterday. The year 2012 witnessed a "marked resurgence of Iran's state sponsorship of terrorism, through its Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF), its Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS), and Tehran's ally Hezballah," State concluded. "Iran and Hezbollah's terrorist activity has reached a tempo unseen since the 1990s, with attacks plotted in Southeast Asia, Europe, and Africa." Read more: www.longwarjournal.org...

Still want to play this game?

REALLY?
edit on 18-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Please stop wasting my time SERIOUSLY.

SEE THIS?

nd to see that argument, the US supports the Taliban, Al'Qaeda and now the Syrian Rebel Army...

Doesn't have a DAMN thing to do with this:

edit on 18-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

You're right, it doesn't... But it was an equal counterpoint YOU rose about who Iran support in their proxy wars... It is only fair to level the information playing field.
Something tells me you don't like hearing the truth that contradicts your MSM fed diet?

Still want to play this game? REALLY?

Yes I do, until you realize that it isn't just Iran playing these Political and Military games on the world scale.
And not until you cede the fact that they have as much right to as the US or Israel.
Which in point, your are dead-fast against for some odd reason.

Terrorist organizations are only that to any Government the second it doesn't fit the Government's agenda.
So today, the Taliban are Terrorists against the US that Iran support...
Tomorrow, the Taliban may be Terrorists to Iran, because the US paid them more to target Iran and her allies.

Get the picture yet?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Yes I do, until you realize that it isn't just Iran playing these Political and Military games on the world scale.

WHAT?

ALREADY SAID:

First time:Here:

True which is why unlike some I can admit the US does some messed up stuff but wonder why that is hardly anyone will admit Iran,Russia, and China are just as screwed up.

Second time Here:

To repeat the Us does some messed up stuff, don't get why people act like Russia, China, and Iran are little innocent angels.

Said twice already MISSED THAT?

Now back to the topic

(Reuters) - A U.N. Security Council committee is split over whether Iran's missile tests last year violated U.N. sanctions imposed on Tehran because of its nuclear and ballistic missile programs, Australia's U.N. envoy said on Monday.

At least finally someone will admit IRAN right ALONG with Russia and China is NO BETTER than the Us is.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
As I said from the start... Not a violation due to the fact Iran has the right to defend itself.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The rift on the Iran sanctions committee, which consists of all 15 Security Council members, highlights the difficulties Western powers face in persuading Russia and China to join them in keeping up the pressure on Tehran to halt banned nuclear and missile work.

13 countries say it was a VIOLATION.

2 didn't.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Only because they don't want others coming to the table and having to relinquish more of their power.
It has nothing to do with world safety, it all has to do with loss of power.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join