It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, China block U.N. condemnation of Iran missile tests

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
reply to post by neo96

That isn't proof... In the very quote that you posted, the whole scenario is hinged on an 'if'.
Furthermore, it states that IF it was happening, the support appears to be "limited".

Either way, it isn't proof that Iran initiated an invasion.

Actually either way there is no amount of 'proof' someone will ever read or even admit of Iran duplicitous nature.

So not really going to bother.

In addition, Saudi Arabia and Iran – as competitors for regional hegemony – supported Afghan militias hostile towards each other.[44] According to Human Rights Watch, Iran assisted the Shia Hazara Hezb-i Wahdat forces of Abdul Ali Mazari, as Iran attempted to maximize Wahdat's military power and influence.[42][44][45] Saudi Arabia supported the Wahhabite Abdul Rasul Sayyaf and his Ittihad-i Islami faction.[42][44] Conflict between the two militias soon escalated. A publication by the George Washington University describes: [O]utside forces saw instability in Afghanistan as an opportunity to press their own security and political agendas.[46]

That was in this dismissed post

Here some more stuff that gets
dismissed

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Forget about the rest of my post??? Would you agree or disagree???

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73
reply to post by neo96

This?

Just as Israel and the US are doing right now with all their rhetoric towards Iran. Do you think Israel would give up it's nuclear weapons program given that it's surrounded by countries that aren't exactly in love with them? It's called a double standard.

Yeah it's a double standard as that 'excuse' works for Isreal.

edit on 16-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by RedShirt73
reply to post by neo96

This?

Just as Israel and the US are doing right now with all their rhetoric towards Iran. Do you think Israel would give up it's nuclear weapons program given that it's surrounded by countries that aren't exactly in love with them? It's called a double standard.

edit on 16-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Then by this token wouldn't Iran have the right to defend itself seeing that they have hawkish rhetoric coming from Israel and the US directed solely towards them? By "hawkish rhetoric" I mean having a couple of US flotillas parked next to your shores and the constant and almost daily news postings that come out of Israel stating that they will bomb Iran. I think any country would be nervous.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

Miss that?

As in Israel has the 'right to defend' itself from the 'hawkish' Iran.

Why do people insist on playing the Iranian victim card?

They aren't, and never have been, or even close.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The UN isn't for the likes of great powers like the United States...except when it suits them. The rest of the time they can ignore them as much as they like.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Miss that?

As in Israel has the 'right to defend' itself from the 'hawkish' Iran.

Why do people insist on playing the Iranian victim card?

They aren't, and never have been, or even close.

How has Iran been "hawkish"? If you’re talking about the whole "wiping off the map" thing, that has been proven to be a misinterpretation of the language but it sounded good to the US government/media. Other than that, when was the last time Iran invaded a country or for that matter made any type of moves to invade or at least intimidate another country? Any military moves they make now, IMHO, would be to counter those of the US and Israel.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

How many times do I have to say

PROXY WARS IN:

Afghaniistan twice
Iraq
Syria
Lebannon

Done here since no one wants to listen to anything, but 'Poor little ole Iran'.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

How many times do I have to say

PROXY WARS IN:

Afghaniistan twice
Iraq
Syria
Lebannon

Done here since no one wants to listen to anything, but 'Poor little ole Iran'.

You can also say the same about the US and it's proxy wars in:

Afganistan
Iraq
Syria
Lebannon
Nicaragua
Bosnia
Vietnam
Cuba
Congo
etc.

Some of these are abit older but they were proxy wars none the less.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

So?

What Iran the only country who get's to do it?

Guess so since this thread is not about the US but it is always the go to deflection.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

So?

What Iran the only country who get's to do it?

Guess so since this thread is not about the US but it is always the go to deflection.

Actually, you brought up the proxy war thing if I do recall. But that's ok, deflection is always a good practice. Just going off what your writing.
edit on 16-7-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Actually no that was brought up here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As in Iran 'never done anything to anyone' where clearly they have just some people refuse to see that.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You mean this post by Sovaka (Post Number 3):

"Why is it so bad to allow Iran to defend itself?
Every other country around them has the capability to nuke them off this globe, it seems only fair for Iran to have a nuclear deterrent.
From my memory in the last 50 years Iran has not invaded, aggressively subverted or covertly attacked any other nation.
Out of those seeking that Iran be 'sanctioned' have? I can guarantee it's more than what you can count on one hand.
To those busy-body countries... Leave Iran alone, mind your own business and get your own country in order before THINKING about telling other countries how to operate."

Followed by a post by SloAnPainful (Post Number 4):

"Well obviously Iran broke the U.N sanctions. It launched a missile when they are told that they can't.
How much do you think Iran really cares? My bet, not very much, if it all. What's done is done.
-SAP-"

Followed by a post by neo96 in response to Sovaka (Post Number 5):

"Haven't look too closely at the history of the middle east of the last 40 years.
Proxy wars in Afghanistan,Iraq,Syria,Lebanon."

Are these the posts you're talking about, lol. Looks like you need to reread your own postings as this was the first mention of "proxy wars" in this thread.

edit on 16-7-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Totally Ignored

Totally Ignored

Hell even RT Russia, and Chinese Confirmation get's ignored

Back to 'Iran never done anything to anyone'.

This one makes the topic:

Ignore this too

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Sir, I am in total agreement with what you wrote. Why shouldn't Iran have the capabilities to defend themselves? after watching Iraq being decimated for 'apparently' having WMD's that were 'supposedly' going to be used against us, it's enemies ( Thousands of people on both sides died for this reason and yet not one WMD was ever found.) and watching Afghanistan being invaded for refusing to hand over Osama , even though the Taliban had nothing to do with 9/11, they even offered surrender him to a neutral country if they were given evidence by the USA that Osama bin Laden had been involved in the bombing campaign to stop the war, the USA refused. [url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20011014/aponline135016_000.htm ]. I would be arming myself to teeth knowing I was probably next on the hit list.

I am not condoning the Taliban, or any other oppressive regimes, but the hypocrisy of those nation's governments ,and I'm including the UK in this, who (if the patrons of ATS are to believed, ) have lied, cajoled, uneducated , intimidated, and spied on there own citizens and then sent them to there death's in a war based on a lie makes me feel that they need to look in the (expletive) mirror.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So just ignore post number 5, your posting, lol, that's how we're playing this, lol. As for Iran sending troops to Syria, ***Their Allies***. Just as the US would do for any of it's allies. I hear the government kool-aid is Cherry flavored this year, lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Let's break it down to those who are missing the ENITIRE POINT OF THE OP.

Diplomats said it was Russia, backed by China, that refused to declare Tehran's missile launches a violation of the U.N. restrictions, as a U.N. Panel of Experts on Iran said was the case.

Russia and China are blocking anything done to one of their pals Iran.

"It's not that bad to have behind you the Russians, the Chinese and Iranians," Qadri Jamil, Syria's deputy prime minister for economic affairs, told The Financial Times. "Those three countries are helping us politically, militarily -- and also economically." Read more: www.upi.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Again your on the flip side of the coin. The US does the exact same thing whenever there's a vote against Israel in the UN. I'm failing to see the point your trying to make. Why do you see Iran as being the worst thing to happen to this planet since it's creation?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah Gods Sir look at the countries the USA support , for instance the home of the majority of the 9/11 terrorists, Saudi Arabia, it is one of the world’s most oppressive countries . Torture, public executions, floggings and stoning without legal proceedings are all forms of capital punishment endorsed by the Saudi regime. Women are severely restricted in the country and have to obtain permission from a male guardian if they want to travel, work, study or marry. Saudi women are also banned from driving and freedom of speech, opposition parties and political gatherings are also banned.

The support of the USA for Iraq against Iran, that's not a big secret, I copied the next piece from the internet: upload.wikimedia.org...
United States support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq War, against post-revolutionary Iran, included several billion dollars worth of economic aid, the sale of dual-use technology, non-U.S. origin weaponry, military intelligence, Special Operations training, and direct involvement in warfare against Iran.

Support from the U.S. for Iraq was not a secret and was frequently discussed in open session of the Senate and House of Representatives. On June 9, 1992, Ted Koppel reported on ABC's Nightline, "It is becoming increasingly clear that George Bush, operating largely behind the scenes throughout the 1980s, initiated and supported much of the financing, intelligence, and military help that built Saddam's Iraq into the power it became",and "Reagan/Bush administrations permitted—and frequently encouraged—the flow of money, agricultural credits, dual-use technology, chemicals, and weapons to Iraq."

Also, Libya, with the substantial support of U.S.A backing, Gaddafi publicly abandoned his pursuit of weapons of mass destruction in 2004 and later renounced his support for terrorist groups, a dramatic turnabout of this was full U.S. diplomatic recognition of his sovereignty . Yet while the reforms succeeded in ending Gaddafi's status as an international pariah, Libyan promises of political reform never materialized. But yet the U.S.A continued to support him and one of the most repressive governments in the world.

And not let those evil Taliban fellows that Bush hate's so much ,it's funny then that in 1997, while George W. Bush was governor of Texas, a delegation of Taliban leaders from Afghanistan flew to Houston Texas to discuss the building of a pipeline through Afghanistan bringing natural gas from the Caspian Sea. Even thought this endeavour did not materialise , what were these supposed enemy of freedom doing in the USA in the first place?

The Western World screams and shouts in outrage if other country's ignore there rules and regulations, but they will jump into bed like a common whore with anyone if it serves there own profits, wants and needs.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by windsorblue

Yeah Gods Sir look at the countries the USA support , for instance the home of the majority of the 9/11 terrorists, Saudi Arabia, it is one of the world’s most oppressive countries . Torture, public executions, floggings and stoning without legal proceedings are all forms of capital punishment endorsed by the Saudi regime. Women are severely restricted in the country and have to obtain permission from a male guardian if they want to travel, work, study or marry. Saudi women are also banned from driving and freedom of speech, opposition parties and political gatherings are also banned.

Go look up Evin Prison, and section 209 then get back to me,.

The support of the USA for Iraq against Iran, that's not a big secret, I copied the next piece from the internet: upload.wikimedia.org... United States support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq War, against post-revolutionary Iran, included several billion dollars worth of economic aid, the sale of dual-use technology, non-U.S. origin weaponry, military intelligence, Special Operations training, and direct involvement in warfare against Iran.

There a point there?

Really as who was helping the other side?

Like Russia,and China etc.

Support from the U.S. for Iraq was not a secret a

Neither is Russian,China's and Iranian support of every conflict in the ME for 40 years.

Also, Libya,

I really don't care about Libya as his own people beat and dragged him through the streets of Tripoli.

And not let those evil Taliban fellows that Bush hate's so much ,it's funny then that in 1997, while George W. Bush was governor of Texas, a delegation of Taliban leaders from Afghanistan flew to Houston Texas to discuss the building of a pipeline through Afghanistan bringing natural gas from the Caspian Sea. Even thought this endeavour did not materialise , what were these supposed enemy of freedom doing in the USA in the first place?

Well considering the fact the taliban popped up out of Pakistan after the Soviet war which is funny since Iran was playing both sides agianst the middle there.

Why let facts get in the way of good dogma

Those damn Americans always 'their fault'.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join