It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, China block U.N. condemnation of Iran missile tests

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
As long as Iran/Syria/Hezbollah exists, there can never be Greater Israel,

They must be destroyed first, use any excuse whether its nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, dictators, terrorism, false flags, what ever it is just start the war already, JUST make sure US/NATO is there on the front lines!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jumadax

Ask Pakistan how well their ballistic missiles have worked in the last decade.

Attack best defense?

Not really.

edit on 15-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Jumadax

Ask Pakistan how well their ballistic missiles have worked in the last decade.

Attack best defense?

Not really.

I dont speak to pakistan, what do you mean?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
How can the next great regional power have a country like Iran next to her borders?

Iran is building Nukes, Nuke em first

pfffft

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Plus Israeli regime is nuts, if I was Iran i'd be building and testing all kinds of weapons, who the hell cares about the UN

China and Russia know the deal

edit on 15-7-2013 by Jumadax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jumadax

I mean go use google and look at how many times the nuclear armed state of Pakistan has been attacked.

en.wikipedia.org...

The gist is ballistic missiles and nukes are not a deterrence from getting attacked.

As with nukes they were attacked.

As we were attack on 9-11 and numerous times before that, and since that.

Some people are free to lull themselves in to a false sense of security that is just as dangerous as people lulled themelves in to a false sense of peace.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Jumadax

I mean go use google and look at how many times the nuclear armed state of Pakistan has been attacked.

en.wikipedia.org...

The gist is ballistic missiles and nukes are not a deterrence from getting attacked.

As with nukes they were attacked.

As we were attack on 9-11 and numerous times before that, and since that.

Some people are free to lull themselves in to a false sense of security that is just as dangerous as people lulled themelves in to a false sense of peace.

Thats completely different

Pakistan allows the US to operate within her borders

But a nuclear Iran, the US will think thrice before trying anything, the most they can do is cyber war and terrorist attacks every now and then, but never a real war. That would put Israels life on the line.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This is not about any sort of weapons and its not about Israel.

It's about a bunch of people trying to control/oppress Iran for whatever reason, whether it be money, oil, real estate...whatever.

If Iran wanted to build a particle collider to do research....we would be crying "Stop them! They're gonna shoot us with it!"!

They are a sovereign nation and if we wish to retain our sovereignty, we shouldn't be trying to encroach on the sovereignty of others.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jumadax

Whait it is 'nuts' is a middle eastern country wanting nuclear power when all the cool kids in the west are pushing alternative energy.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

TextThey are a sovereign nation and if we wish to retain our sovereignty, we shouldn't be trying to encroach on the sovereignty of others.

Isn't that what Iran is currently doing in Syria why yes it is.

Can't tell Iran what to do, but Iran can tell what the Syrian people what to do.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And the US has not been a part of every major coup or uprising in the middle east since the...40's, 50's? Backing both terrorists and democratically elected politicians?

If we use your logic, the US should not have missiles either, huh?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by neo96

And the US has not been a part of every major coup or uprising in the middle east since the...40's, 50's? Backing both terrorists and democratically elected politicians?

If we use your logic, the US should not have missiles either, huh?

No because to take the pro Iran argument the US gets to do whatever it wants.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

If Iran wanted to build a particle collider to do research....we would be crying "Stop them! They're gonna shoot us with it!"!

I disagree.

NK is a great example of a Country that has stated it will use its weapons. Tomorrow, Next year? Who knows. But I don't see Nuclear Powers threatening other Countries Like NK who has helped Iran with its ability to make one, and launch one.. I do see Countries like Iran issuing fatwā against people for writing books. An individual today, a Nation tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Searching that Wiki link you provide, all references to Iran were defensive responses to the attacks from the Taliban.
Except for one post where the US accuse Iran of supporting the Taliban at one point.
Though we can hardly take the word of the US on that count due to the fact they wan't Iran's blood and will say/manufacture anything to make it so.
That and we have seen on countless occasions the US supporting the Taliban, AlQaeda and the Syrian Rebels.

Suffice it to say, there is no actual evidence presented to show that Iran has INITIATED these attacks outside of retaliation.

But apart from that, let's look at your;

Pretty much every conflict in the ME for the last 40 year Iran has been in the thick of it.

They are IN the ME, so the conflicts they have been apart of have been due to wranglings of the insurgents that are their neighbours.
They haven't sailed/flown thousands of kilometers to inject their will on the unsuspecting populace of another country.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

They haven't sailed/flown thousands of kilometers to inject their will on the unsuspecting populace of another country.

Yes they have.

From a strategic perspective, the Iranian government looks at the Taliban as a useful enemy that is undermining the interests of its other enemy, namely the United States. Therefore, it should not be surprising at all if the Iranian government supports the Taliban or if it looks the other away as behind-the-scenes support is provided by Iran’s non-state actors to the Taliban. Such support, however, appears to be very limited. The apparent goal is to empower the Taliban sufficiently to remain a major headache to the United States, but not to an extent that would allow them to seriously undermine the Karzai government or become the dominant force in all of Afghanistan.

iranprimer.usip.org...

terrorism.about.com...

www.abc.net.au...

en.wikipedia.org...-Qaeda_network

www.washingtontimes.com...

Back to Iran the 'poor innocent victim'.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

JAK

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join