It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, China block U.N. condemnation of Iran missile tests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Russia, China block U.N. condemnation of Iran missile tests

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - A U.N. Security Council committee is split over whether Iran's missile tests last year violated U.N. sanctions imposed on Tehran because of its nuclear and ballistic missile programs, Australia's U.N. envoy said on Monday
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Gee wonder why Russia, and China are blocking the 'UN condemnation' of Iran's ballistic missile tests?

Current sanctions against Iran says no Iran can't test ballistic missiles, if Iran does the Un will use harsh words scolding bad little Iran.

Pretty much a given why Iran,Russia and China refuses here because Russia and China don't want proof of it's backdoor dealing with Iran that violates those sanctions.

Clearly Iran did test ballistic missiles where the UN said no they can't. I also agree that some people really can't admit the obvious.

There is really only one reason Iran is a 'problem' in the first place that is because of Russia, and China supplying arms, and technical support to them.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why is it so bad to allow Iran to defend itself?

Every other country around them has the capability to nuke them off this globe, it seems only fair for Iran to have a nuclear deterrent.

From my memory in the last 50 years Iran has not invaded, aggressively subverted or covertly attacked any other nation.
Out of those seeking that Iran be 'sanctioned' have? I can guarantee it's more than what you can count on one hand.

To those busy-body countries... Leave Iran alone, mind your own business and get your own country in order before THINKING about telling other countries how to operate.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well obviously Iran broke the U.N sanctions. It launched a missile when they are told that they can't.

How much do you think Iran really cares? My bet, not very much, if it all. What's done is done.

-SAP-
edit on 15-7-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Why is it so bad to allow Iran to defend itself?

From my memory in the last 50 years Iran has not invaded, aggressively subverted or covertly attacked any other nation.

Haven't look too closely at the history of the middle east of the last 40 years.

Proxy wars in Afghanistan,Iraq,Syria,Lebanon.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by neo96

Well obviously Iran broke the U.N sanctions. It launched a missile when they are told that they can't.

How much do you think Iran really cares? Might bet, not very much, if it all. What's done is done.

-SAP-
edit on 15-7-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

True they really don't they gots Russia and China !

Sooner or later they will turn on them.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Like the U.S. ever gave a flying f*ck about U.N. resolutions

Why should Iran not test, to make it easier for the U.S. to finally strike? Russia and China balance out the U.N. thankfully

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein decided to take advantage of the disorder in the wake of the Revolution by acquiring territories that Iraq had claimed earlier from Iran during the Shah's rule. On 22 September 1980 the Iraqi army invaded Iran at Khuzestan, precipitating the Iran–Iraq War.

You mean the war Saddam Hussein started? Next please?

You also didn't rebut the need for Iran to have the capabilities to defend itself.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Oh no they are being condemned!

That is about as useful as a tardy was in school.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by neo96

Like the U.S. ever gave a flying f*ck about U.N. resolutions

Why should Iran not test, to make it easier for the U.S. to finally strike? Russia and China balance out the U.N. thankfully

This is the part where I disagree as Russia and China doesn't want to lose one it's best customer's and get's to stick to the US just for spite.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

You mean the war Saddam Hussein started? Next please?

No I was talking about Afghani civilians getting killed during the first Afghanistan war, followed up with Iraqi and US serviceman getting killed in Iraq, and later agian in Afghanistan during the last decade, and the Palestinians, and Jewish getting killed in Isreal, and the Syrians for the past 2 years.

All by Iran's imperial aspirations.

Next!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

You also didn't rebut the need for Iran to have the capabilities to defend itself.

Oh and a ballistic missile is an offensive weapon someone wanting defensive capabilities would be designing and testing missile defense shields.

Iran isn't doing that.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
On one hand, I'd say it's a pretty clear violation to me. Ballistic missiles are a no no and they know it. They broke it and either the UN has to back the action required or drop the terms they violated. If they are their usual wishy washy non-committal selves, then their stock and respect just drops a bit more, as if they have much further to go, IMO.

On the other hand, Iran is no Iraq and it's damn sure no Afghanistan. They've got 70 million largely well educated, industrious and intelligent people. They're a budding space power with multiple successful achievements in that area. Soooooo... How does anyone say they cannot fire a surface to surface missile xxxxx Kilometers in range capability, while they occasionally launch something orbital or a test item in their space program??

I've never really gotten that. The latter requiring far more sophistication and technological maturity than what amounts to a V-2 Rocket with a much MUCH nicer guidance system on it, for all the fundamental design has changed on basic surface missiles.

Isn't it almost like watching your kid build a rocket launcher himself then telling him he can't have a BB gun?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

How does anyone say they cannot fire a surface to surface missile xxxxx Kilometers in range capability, while they occasionally launch something orbital or a test item in their space program??

Because Israel isn't in space so that's not a problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Show me proof that Iran started these wars.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hey Neo!

Imagine, if you will. I am a government entity. A foreign government entity. And I heard from your neighbor (happens to hate you) that you have a shed full of guns.

Hey, since I'm a government entity, I'm going to apply political pressure and money to get other government entities to agree that you shouldn't shoot those guns and pass meaningless international "legislation" that says you can't shoot your guns.

Would you shoot your guns, Neo?
edit on 15-7-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Oh and a ballistic missile is an offensive weapon someone wanting defensive capabilities would be designing and testing missile defense shields.

Iran isn't doing that.

Attack is the best form of defense

Iran is saying hit us, and we will make Israeli, Saudi, and Qatari [targets] glow at night

The UN is a tool, it has hardly influenced or done the world any good or for the countries who really need help, its like the league of nations. its just a symbol.

Iran is surrounded by US and NATO, Iran has every right to test whatever weapon they wish, and they have right to build nuclear bombs even though they are not. I wish they are, that will put the US and Israel in their place, stops US meddling in Syria and other Middle Eastern countries

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
reply to post by neo96

Show me proof that Iran started these wars.

1. Lebannon Hezbollah Proxy war agianst Isreal
2. Iraq and Afghanistan Iran supports Taliban, Iraqi militants
3. Syria Iran smuggle weapons to Syria,Lebannon

In addition, Saudi Arabia and Iran – as competitors for regional hegemony – supported Afghan militias hostile towards each other.[

en.wikipedia.org...

Pretty much every conflict in the ME for the last 40 year Iran has been in the thick of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Hey Neo!

Imagine, if you will. I am a government entity. A foreign government entity. And I heard from your neighbor (happens to hate you) that you have a shed full of guns.

Hey, since I'm a government entity, I'm going to apply political pressure and money to get other government entities to agree that you shouldn't shoot those guns and pass meaningless international "legislation" that says you can't shoot your guns.

Would you shoot your guns, Neo?
edit on 15-7-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

Not because of 2000 year old Hatfield and McCoy blood feud besides my government tells me I can't fire guns too.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well said Wrabbit!

Also, do we not find it funny that the UN says Iran cannot use ballistic missiles, but there are many members of the UN that have nuclear weaponry?

Hypocrisy?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join