It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people keep saying Yahweh is Satan? And Yahweh is Enki?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

Where do sinners go? If not heaven then where? It's gotta be hell because that's the whole point behind faith and grace, right?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Okay... what does any of this have to do with the points and parallels I made?

If Rome is the dragon (Apollyon), and the dragon is the one who devoured the child in Revelation 12 and turned him into the beast, and the beast had a mortal wound that was healed (crucifixion), and the dragon (Rome) established the RCC, what does that tell you? That Rome turned Jesus into the beast, which is why I say you worship the antichrist, or Rome's version of Jesus.

I dont beleive that I have ever said that Rome is the dragon some thought that Nero was the antichrist. I have said that Nimrod was and is Apollo/Apollyon. I don't believe in the notion that Rome is the whore of Babylon or that the antichrist is the pope or any of that nonsense.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

1 John 4
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

So again, if love drives out fear, then why is your god associated with punishment? Love is supposed to drive out fear and punishment.

Fair enough. I would argue that the love spoken of here is not God's love towards man, but man's love towards God. I think the key here is one of the statements Jesus made before that "17...that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; " In other words (according to how I see it) those who truly love God will not be in fear of such torment, since they know that this is something they will not suffer, for "But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." They only fear punishment because they don't truly love God. Just my thought.

I know my other statement was cold, but to be honest I was messing with you, not speaking out of ignorance

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm trying to be as unbiased in this thread as possible.

I am not talking about the *morality* of Yahweh's actions, nor am I talking about the teachings of Jesus in The New Testament.

I am specifically talking about how some people call Yahweh , "Satan", even though "Satan" was a being who went against Yahweh's will persuading Man to eat the fruit, and was interacting with Yahweh in Heaven in The Book Of Job.

The Bible clearly demonstrates that these are two different beings.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Where do sinners go? If not heaven then where? It's gotta be hell because that's the whole point behind faith and grace, right?

Where is this concept in the bible? You seem to think that people become Christians to get out of hell. Can you show me where in the bible this comcept comes from?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
I'm trying to be as unbiased in this thread as possible.

I am not talking about the *morality* of Yahweh's actions, nor am I talking about the teachings of Jesus in The New Testament.

I am specifically talking about how some people call Yahweh , "Satan", even though "Satan" was a being who went against Yahweh's will persuading Man to eat the fruit, and was interacting with Yahweh in Heaven in The Book Of Job.

The Bible clearly demonstrates that these are two different beings.

I've already told you... Yehweh shows himself to be the most evil entity in the entire book... And people associate the devil or satan with evil... Thus the reason why yehweh is called satan by many...

I don't think it can be clarified any better

edit on 16-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Look at verse 16, it clearly shows that he is talking about both God's love and our love at the same time. So my question still stands.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

No that is not the point behind faith and grace. It seems like you have some concepts of God that are wrong. Where do sinners go? What is your definition of a sinner? We are all sinners. You have come to a conclusion that the only reason people become disciples of Christ is to get out of hell. Where did you get such a concept?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

No the whole point of faith and God's grace is to keep us from the second death. Our faith is our hope in the assurances of Christ's promise, that he will not leave us in the grave.

Is there a hell where you burn for eternity? I don't know, but the grave is eternal unless you are resurrected because sheol is "the grave" in Hebrew, also called the "bottomless pit or "abyss" because without resurrection you will stay dead forever. Gehenna is where the concept of a "lake of fire" comes from. Gehenna was a trash dump outside Jerusalem and in ages passed people would take pitch and burn the refuse and it looked like a lake of fire. Suffice it to say without Christ you are nothing but garbage, and you will be thrown out like refuse.
edit on 16-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

No the whole point of faith and God's grace is to keep us from the second death. Our faith is our hope in the assurances of Christ's promise, that he will not leave us in the grave.

Is there a hell where you burn for eternity? I don't know, but the grave is eternal unless you are resurrected because sheol is "the grave" in Hebrew, also called the "bottomless pit or "abyss" because without resurrection you will stay dead forever. Gehenna is where the concept of a "lake of fire" comes from. Gehenna was a trash dump outside Jerusalem and in ages passed people would take pitch and burn the refuse and it looked like a lake of fire. Suffice it to say without Christ you are nothing but garbage, and you will be thrown out like refuse.
edit on 16-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

That was a quote from someone else asking if getting out of hell was the point of faith and grace. If you want to quote me you need to scroll down a little further into the post to find my answer. If you have a question or a comment of something I have post I will reply but please do not put words in my mouth by quoting something I did not post originally.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Look at verse 16, it clearly shows that he is talking about both God's love and our love at the same time. So my question still stands.

Ok. Let's look at it. "And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him."

I think the key here is "he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him." If you don't truly abide in love toward God, then how can God's love abide in you?

More importantly we should back up to here 13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

The key here being that 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

Those who truly believe this don't have to worry about torment or punishment. That's the way I see it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Ah, I was replying to the post a the top of the page so don't get your panties in a bunch. I wasn't putting words in your mouth.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

But that's not true is it? I believe Jesus was the Son of God, but I do not believe he died for our sins. Do I just need to believe he's the Son or do I also need to believe he died for my sins?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Ah, I was replying to the post a the top of the page so don't get your panties in a bunch. I wasn't putting words in your mouth.

A simple apology would have been nice but you had to get your dick in a wringer and make a snide remark.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Lonewolf is pretty rude anytime he posts and comes off as a real dickhead most of the time, but he WAS replying to me.

It's best to ignore him though, he's not someone to have a conversation with.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

But that's not true is it? I believe Jesus was the Son of God, but I do not believe he died for our sins. Do I just need to believe he's the Son or do I also need to believe he died for my sins?

This will be my last post for this thread because we have gone way off topic. If you want to start a thread where we can go into detail I'm down. But as it stands right now, this has nothing to do with the OP.

But to answer your question, I would say you can't have one without the other. 1 Thessalonians 4:14
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

I have no desire to debate the authenticity of Paul, if you want to use that as a rebuttal. It's a silly argument.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Are you truly seeking answers or are you just trying to pull peoples chains to see what they say. I have replied to some of your posts and it seems you have some wrong conceptions on salvation, heaven, hell, grace, faith...... I would have to say most people have a wrong conception of what a disciple of Christ is and why they are. I blame that on the modern church, the old church, the television church, and the internet church.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The name "Yahweh" is conspicuously absent in the New Testament.
What does that tell you?

The answer to your question can be found in understanding Aryan vs. Dravidian: i.e. sun worship vs. moon worship.

edit on 17-7-2013 by Solmani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

A simple apology would have been nice but you had to get your dick in a wringer and make a snide remark.

Whatever dude. I'm not apologizing when I didn't do anything wrong, you're the one who got all hostile on me, so you can blow it out your ass.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Still got you tiny little wiener in a wringer a? The first step to recovery is admitting your wrong. The second step is to admit you don't know jack.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join