It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Morsi protesters, police face off in Cairo's downtown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
english.ahram.org.eg...

Clashes erupted Monday evening in Cairo's downtown between police forces and hundreds of deposed president Mohamed Morsi supporters, who have been demanding the reinstatement of the former elected president.

Eyewitnesses told Ahram Online that violence broke out after police forces fired teargas at pro-Morsi protesters to clear the Six of October Bridge above downtown's Ramsis street, both of which were both blocked by the demonstrations.

In hundreds, gathered over a bridge blocked with parked trucks and a homemade wall, Pro-Morsi demonstrators refused to move until Morsi was reinstated. Egyptian police fired off tear gas and the violence erupted. Looks like these Pro Morsi were looking for a fight and got one!

Morsi's supporters hurled stones at the police after the latter fired teargas canisters. Ahram Online's reporter says the police have also used birdshot, and that a number of downtown residents and opponents of the Brotherhood joined the police against the pro-Morsi supporters.

Yup, they were looking for a fight and they got one.

edit on 15-7-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well, you know what they say. Sometimes, you actually do find what you go looking for.

I think these guys would be more comfy in Gaza or perhaps Libya these days. Egypt never has been a radical or fundamentalist nation and is among the most cultured and educated in the region and world. Not much room for the 6th century to be played out all over again, I'd say.

You know what I've noticed? It was millions and one day, reports estimate EIGHT million people on the street in Cairo to be rid of Morsi. When you hear about those willing to even protest, let alone fight to get him back in? It's thousands on the best day and hundreds, more often. Dangerous and brutal thugs...but still what? 1000 : 1? 10,000 : 1?

I think they had their shot and their time is past in Egypt.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Careful what you wish for

I wonder if that one poster, you know the guy who tried to convince ATS that all those millions of protesters who set a world record were actually Pro-Morsi?
Good times, I hope he finds his way here!

I agree that Egypt is apples to Afghanistan's oranges but these terrorists are in every ME nation presently, even our own country, but the good news is a huge majority are dead set against Islamist, especially terrorist. Egyptians aren't the only ones fighting back the Muslim Brotherhood and terrorists all at once, the Libyans have their hands full but they're fighting back.

If you look at pictures of these Pro-Morsi groups they're all men. Go figure.

join