It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you "dream" about someone, are they "dreaming" with you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is something I have been wondering for quite some time now and felt an urge to consult and ask.

To start with, here's some information about my "dreams" and what they're like...

I don't know about others, but I have "dreams" every night. They are very vivid, realistic and always in color. I can feel or touch the people and objects around me, sense energy, see, hear, smell, think. For me "dreams" are as real as normal life, sometimes even more. I never see them in third person or from a different perspective. It is all the time me - in first person. Through my eyes. My "dreams" are most of the time also fairly complex, composed of several scenarios with fluent transitions between them. They may be, but don't have to, directly related. Almost every night they involve different people and sometimes even certain beings. In most cases I have never met them before in real life. In fact, I think it would be impossible. They are from a certain perspective strangers, but at the same time they feel very natural and familiar in the "dream" world. They are meant to be there and so am I. The location of my "dreams" changes each night automatically as well. I very rarely had "dreams" that repeated themselves over time. I sleep hard and often also wake up tired, because in my "dreams" I am commonly busy. The amount of time I sleep doesn't change that. It always depends on how much demanding these "dreams" are. I have also had cases of sleep-talking, even for longer periods of time. What I personally find most interesting though is the fact that I am able to remember my dreams - nearly all of them. I can maintain these memories for as long as I want and I treat them as real life scenarios. I don't distinguish between events from "dreams" and real life, because I find them equally real and important. From time to time they even suddenly pop up in front of me while I am doing something and awake. Some dreams I have been able to remember for many years.

Is this the case with everybody?

Either way, now I'm finally getting to the my point.

I do not believe "dreams" are the brain's way of relaxing and projecting scenarios depending on thoughts stored in your subconscious mind. I am convinced these "dreams" are real events occuring in a different dimension and, in some cases, at a different time.

Now, what I want to know is this:

When there are other people in your "dreams" that you interact with, are they really there with you (as in a live feed) or are they there simply constructed for you and perhaps even by you? For example if I were to "dream" that I am working at a camp with someone, would that person really be in my "dream" with me and if so, would he be able to later remember it? If not, does that mean there is an unlimited number of "dreams" taking place at the same time? What is the origin of these other individuals and how complex is their consciousness? Is it limited by the rules of the planes where the "dreams" take place? Is there a way to prove any of this and what would be the implications? Does it have any connection with the theory that we are living in a hologram? If so, how precisely?

I probably have more questions than that, but I think you get the idea of what I am getting at.

Thanks in advance for any ideas and input.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybernet

Before the thread erupts into madness, let me pop a simple and elegant answer in here real quick.

I have dreamt of many people that I personally know, and not once has anyone reported sharing the same dream. Likewise people that have said they have dreamt of me were not joined by me in their dream to my recollection.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Ignore the skeptical boobs and mysticism noobs

My wife and I share dreams all the time. I've had many veridical psychic dreams. So has she. When you dream about someone, they certainly can dream with you but not necessarily at the same time and not necessarily with the exact same dreamscape symbolism. It helps when you and the other person are extremely close - love is the key. It is psi-conducive.

edit on 15-7-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I don't think they are actually there, but are constructs of our imagination gone wild when we are not conscious and able to control it. Trust me, if they were present in the same dreams i would have been arrested many times over already or at the very least shot several times by Johnny Depp's partner!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

When there are other people in your "dreams" that you interact with, are they really there with you (as in a live feed) or are they there simply constructed for you and perhaps even by you?

Why don't you just ask the person that was in your dream with you?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Yes but unless you ask someone directly like "did we share the same dream last night ".Not many people are going to admit to it. Then if there was any sexual content even more will not fess up. According to the Chakas the astral travelling energy is in the reproductive organs, so a great deal could be sexual.
I'm sure as humans we have some dream capability to get us out of various situations. I remember a wildlife guy saying that in Britain there were only two known kitty hawks (a type of bird) One a male was in the north of Scotland and the other female in the South of England. The one in Scotland turned up to mate with the one in the south. It must have been using something pretty interesting to find a mate. Since most would agree that reproduction is natures way of suggesting a purpose in life, it might by necesity have some more than interesting properties attached to it. In this context mating would be one.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

My dreams are like your, like reality except I am sometimes seeing through someone who does not look like me but is me, maybe only on the inside and sometimes I see the whole things from above or nearby and am not one of the participants.

I hope they are nothing real as last night I saw a horrid murder take place in a huge building manufacturing medical drugs.
I have seen things that I have no idea what they are like a large metal object that looked like part of an old train in a narrow side canyon high in some dark mountains full of snow where a group of people one with a child were struggling on foot because a huge creature like a yeti had chased them from their cabin.

I have died from falling into a canyon and I have drowned I have experienced death many ways and they were totally realistic.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
interesting question, OP.

i'm sure it can happen, as one particular comment here has suggested..

personally i tend to see dreams mostly as highly symbolic and an information transfer between higher self and 'normal' self..

it has been suggested to me that the things we dream about are reflections of our own self. if that means anything to you?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I certainly hope that the person you are dreaming about does not share the same dream with you. I have had some pretty explicit dreams about a few people in my life, and lets just say it would be some rather awkward conversations following some of the dreams that I have had.

I have often pondered the thought of asking a couple of the people that I have had dreams about if they have had any dreams about me, but then they would know that I have been dreaming about them, which could possibly make it equally as awkward especially if they demand to know details.

ETA: The odd thing is I do not think about these people in an "explicit" manner, which is odd to me. Seems like I would dream these types of dreams about people that I have thought about in that way rather than people that I do not.......

edit on 7/15/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If the dream landscape is much like the astral realm, it would also determine that time does not exist, thus giving the potential to share the same dream with somebody on different nights. A strange concept if you consider you could be interacting with yourself or people you know from different points in their lives.

Then there is the idea that some people would act as the architect of a dream while others could be passing through, meaning if you can remember a repetitive dream in a strange place where for example you're partner is always present, it could be their dream you are gatecrashing. But not necessarily on the same night, so the chances of being able to discuss the same dream would be remote, but possible nevertheless in theory.

Good topic and sorry about the wall of text, I get carried away

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Always wondered about this. Perhaps it's people asleep closer to you that are more affected. One time my husband and I both woke up at the same time wondering, what the heck... even mentioned a same word from the dream, we had the same (lucid)dream. Don't think it was from outside stimulus, as it was quite, and it wasn't related to sleeping position.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Some things tend to stick in your mind for no real reason, unless you can sense that a piece of information might at some time in the future be used. One of these was over heard during a radio show a while back. It went something along the lines.... "We have two states of consciousness, one when we are awake and one why we are asleep, so instead of asking why do we sleep? we should ask why are we awake?"
. If the sleep state is as valid as the wake state, and why shouldn't it be as we spend a lot of time in it, and Nature if its any thing, its certainly not wastefull . Then it must have as much purpose as our wake state. On the face of it doing nothing laying down for eight to ten hours, seems to be a total waste of our lifetime. But I have the suspicion that it is the constant state of our being.IE when the body can no longer sustain life, that the sleep state of our consciousness is the one we use as the permanent state, and is usefull for as many things as the wake state is. Thinking that its no more than a memory dump for random dreams, soon gets blown out the window when you have some valid experiences that involve other people, or even meeting people, including the departed. If this is valid then if you have conversations with dead relatives its no leap of the imagination that during our lives we might have been dead as much as we have been alive?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I look forward to dreaming every night as my dreams are always amazing adventures, and like your own, very realistic.

Originally posted by Cybernet
I don't know about others, but I have "dreams" every night. They are very vivid, realistic and always in color. I can feel or touch the people and objects around me, sense energy, see, hear, smell, think. For me "dreams" are as real as normal life, sometimes even more. I never see them in third person or from a different perspective. It is all the time me - in first person. Through my eyes. My "dreams" are most of the time also fairly complex, composed of several scenarios with fluent transitions between them. They may be, but don't have to, directly related. Almost every night they involve different people and sometimes even certain beings. In most cases I have never met them before in real life. In fact, I think it would be impossible. They are from a certain perspective strangers, but at the same time they feel very natural and familiar in the "dream" world. They are meant to be there and so am I. The location of my "dreams" changes each night automatically as well. I very rarely had "dreams" that repeated themselves over time. I sleep hard and often also wake up tired, because in my "dreams" I am commonly busy. The amount of time I sleep doesn't change that. It always depends on how much demanding these "dreams" are.

My dreams are almost exactly as you've described, the only difference is that a lot of the times in my dreams are people I know in waking reality, including family, friends and even people I've seen before but never personally met.
As far as whether or not they dream with you, according to my personal experiences, I'd have to say no. Many times have my immediate family been in my dreams, and not once have any of them reported the same dream. I'm not saying it's not possible, I've just not personally received any evidence to support the idea.

What I personally find most interesting though is the fact that I am able to remember my dreams - nearly all of them. I can maintain these memories for as long as I want and I treat them as real life scenarios. I don't distinguish between events from "dreams" and real life, because I find them equally real and important. From time to time they even suddenly pop up in front of me while I am doing something and awake. Some dreams I have been able to remember for many years.

I also am able to do this and find it most interesting. Sometimes even in my dreams events happen that will trigger memories from previous dreams.

I do not believe "dreams" are the brain's way of relaxing and projecting scenarios depending on thoughts stored in your subconscious mind. I am convinced these "dreams" are real events occuring in a different dimension and, in some cases, at a different time.

We seem to be on a similar page. I've always thought dreams were events occurring in alternate dimensions/realities.

Happy dreaming!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
I certainly hope that the person you are dreaming about does not share the same dream with you. I have had some pretty explicit dreams about a few people in my life, and lets just say it would be some rather awkward conversations following some of the dreams that I have had.

I have often pondered the thought of asking a couple of the people that I have had dreams about if they have had any dreams about me, but then they would know that I have been dreaming about them, which could possibly make it equally as awkward especially if they demand to know details.

ETA: The odd thing is I do not think about these people in an "explicit" manner, which is odd to me. Seems like I would dream these types of dreams about people that I have thought about in that way rather than people that I do not.......

edit on 7/15/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

I read once, in a book by a woman named Wilda B. Tanner I believe, I can't remember the title, that a sexual dream about someone you know but aren't actually attracted to, can be your subconscious mind trying to alert you to the fact it is picking up on 'signals' from that other person.

I personally think that when you see people in your dreams you are communicating with them psychically. One thing that makes me freak is I have often spoken to my pets in my dreams and they have spoken back.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Um, couldn't you just simply ask that person if they shared the same dream?

Or am I missing something really complex here?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Good question!

First, the basics of shared dreaming:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do think shared dreaming is much more common than most would believe, but it doesn't happen everytime. How you view people is not necessarily how they really are, so your dream characters may not even be accurate representations. If you know someone who yells a lot, and there is a character in your dream who is yelling, that dream character may begin to look like the person you know.

It's really difficult to identify another dreamer in a dream unless they are lucid. If they are dreaming regularly, they are no better than annoying made up dream characters, and flat out telling someone they are in a dream almost never works.

Considering we only remember a small % of our dreams each night, it's no surprise most people don't remember shared dream encounters. If you know a group of people who actively remember their dreams, share your dreams about them and I guarantee you're going to see some overlap.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

even certain beings.

when i find the right words i will ask you a question about a most beautiful woman with light blue skin
her eyes were the most beautiful eyes i have ever seen (well im in a bit of a flow so ill carry on)
the whites of our eyes were sky blue
the blue bit around the pupil on my eyes (iris i think) was electric blue
and the pupil was blue blue if that makes sense
well in the first dream she appeared totally bare skin
and i went to touch her as a man would touch a woman
but she just put her hand up which made me stop before i could touch her
and we just stared at each other for what seemed like hours

then the next night i had another dream with the same blue lady
this time she was flooting over me
and we just looked into each others eyes

i know what she was to me anyway
i was never going to tell anyone about these dreams but here it is
she was everything i knew she was her eyesoh her eyes told me everything
but like most dreams i only remember some parts

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I kind of hope not because that would be a lot of explaining when certain celebrities come to my door, along with angry wives/girlfriends.

Oh well.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well, in my dreams my wife is always with me whether as an active participant of my dream or just there with me. She has me in her dreams in the same way..

We have had a few occasions when we have similar dreams but I think thathappens because we fall asleep thinking of what we had just fninsihed talking about before bed.

edit on 16-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

"are they really there with you (as in a live feed) or are they there simply constructed for you and perhaps even by you?"

If your dreams are as real as this reality, and sometimes even more so, how can you be certain that any of us are really experiencing these interactions, right now, with you? How can you be certain that we are all not simply constructed for you, or perhaps even by you?
edit on 16-7-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join