It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Topics Take Over ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Sometimes a certain topic will take over ATS for an undetermined amount of time...

It spirals out of control, every post on the front page is about the same thing. Am I saying this is bad? No. Hot topics are hot topics. Some topics shall pass, some topics shall fall between the cracks forgotten that have yet to pass.

I mean, who doesn't like a hot topic? We all do, we are all over it, we are on TOP of this, until the initial buildup is over and it passes.

Sometimes, this is a good thing. because we have talked it to death we all have zero interest in it anymore.

Sometimes, this is a truly horrible thing, because we get distracted from real emergencies that continue to effect the entire world.

Hot topics can be an epidemic of angry, division, and pure raging emotions. They can really shake things up. Sometimes the sleep deprivation of following said topics can lead members to hear things that may or may not be ALIENS.

Sometimes I ask myself where do all these relevant topics go that once had us all fearing for or earth... maybe they disappeared into an abyss which holds topics that we are too afraid to talk about?

Or maybe it's this guy's fault too. That's usually the general consensus.

My grandma always told me, "Remember who's you are!" which means remember where you came from. I think sometimes we forget.

I still hold on to ATS through these trials and tribulations because one day something's gonna give and we will all remember those topics that truly mattered to us as a whole no matter race, sex, nationality, color of underwear or favorite shampoo.

All the love in the world,

Your stuck up know-it-all who loves Ender's Game

PS:
Ender's Game ROCKS.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

There are days on this site where you will see some very thought out and well written threads.
Then there are days where you see them that make you just go, "What the hell??!!"

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

There are days on this site where you will see some very thought out and well written threads.
Then there are days where you see them that make you just go, "What the hell??!!"

I like to think this thread evokes both opinions.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I've came across threads here in the past where I absolutely had to state my mind about it. There are other times where I may chime in once or twice and leave it be. Then there are other times where I have gotten involved in flame wars over. Like this one certain thread right here or like this thread, or like this one that I made right here.
edit on 15-7-2013 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Second link doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Agreed. But some people who just recently find out about it or recent interest in it may want to re-visit these topics
Like I most likely will do at some point, so apologies in advance!

top topics

join