It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-Year-Old Egyptian Boy Flabbergasts An Interviewer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I saw this and thought it might generate some discussion. I did a search and didn't see anything. I just took it at face value. Not sure about the source.

Fascinating how much potential a young engaged person has especially when their lives depend on it. I wonder if in fact the subtitles are true to his words. It could be propaganda. I have no real understanding of what is truly going on in Egypt, and I have no strong opinion beyond what seems truthful and in defiance of ignorance.

Apologies if this has already been processed.

This 12-year-old Egyptian boy is putting together some very complex arguments against the Muslim Brotherhood's attempt to grab power in Egypt. If you think he's just regurgitating a script or something, watch him answer a question about gender equality at 1:57.

See video here www.upworthy.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Great find, OP.

Sadly, I must admit that this 12 y/o child is more articulate than I am in my 40s.

I am embarrassed and humbled.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

There you go...
edit on 15-7-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus
Great find, OP.

Sadly, I must admit that this 12 y/o child is more articulate than I am in my 40s.

I am embarrassed and humbled.

I was thinking the same thing. Kinda why I didn't and couldn't add more. He said it all.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Thanks for puting the vid up

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That is one switched on little dude.

Everything was well said.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's amazing the amount of wisdom children can impart in us if only we would take the time to listen. This boy's parents should be very proud of raising such a socially conscious young man, who is obviously very intelligent.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

Thank you for sharing. I am particularly impressed with that young man's clarity of thinking and articulation of the material.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
All human children have this potential and more, much more.

But people don't care that much and they don't believe in them.
People talk down to kids.

This kid told everyone how it works. He cared and thought about things, read up on issues through various sources and listened to people talk and discuss things.

I am appalled we don't all prod our children towards this.

Oh and did you notice where he mentioned government public education was instrumental in his development ? I didn't either. That speaks volumes in itself.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What an extraordinarily bright and gifted child.

A future leader. Godspeed.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

This kid told everyone how it works. He cared and thought about things, read up on issues through various sources and listened to people talk and discuss things.

Oh and did you notice where he mentioned government public education was instrumental in his development ? I didn't either. That speaks volumes in itself.

Well said indeed.
I was impressed when he asked the interviewer to clarify her question about whether it was political or social prosperity that she meant. Then went on to answer both. Floored me.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Well said indeed.
I was impressed when he asked the interviewer to clarify her question about whether it was political or social prosperity that she meant. Then went on to answer both. Floored me.

I also thought he was just parroting what an adult said.

When he answered the adlib....I was blown away, assuming that is what he is saying.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
What an extraordinary young man! Wow. I am humbled.
Bravo

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You would be hard pushed to find a western kid with that sort of intelligence, all dumbed down. Just think that's the way all kid's should be, switched on and clear minded. If you don't think our children have been intellectually interfered with then i suggest you watch this as many time's as it takes for it to sink in,

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Does anyone speak Arabic...The kid could have been talking about Justin Bieber for all i know, but if the subs match what the kid is really saying then..Wow, Just Wow...This12 year old kid should be running against Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Well, even if it is all true you must realize that it still would constitute propaganda, propaganda is not only the creation of messages but more so the propaganda of specific ideas. Even if we agree with them.

We may respect freedom of speech but we must understand that most if not all communication channels are owned and never free even word of moth needs food to support it. That is why bread is such a powerful weapon, take notice on how it is being used to destabilize societies...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Wow...It makes me wonder what a government of uncorrupted kids would come up with. I bet I'd enjoy it much better than what we have now and I bet I'd get a much more fair shake. Also I have to agree finding a kid like this in the western world is rare...you know with all the games and toys and ice cream and cartoons and all. These kids hang out in their families business or some such place and hear people talk and actually listen...wow what a concept.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

You would be hard pushed to find a western kid with that sort of intelligence, all dumbed down.

Exactly what I was thinking. He may not be as good at math or science as some western kids his age (although I bet he knows more than most), but his street smarts and general political knowledge are off the scales for his age. You'd be hard pressed to find a western teen with his level of maturity and knowledge actually. This kid is destined to have an extremely interesting future assuming he isn't murdered by lesser minds first.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Interesting. He said we didn't overthrow a military regime to replace it with a fascist theocracy considering the Koran says that there is "no complusion in religion".

The young man defines fascist theocracy, and then says religion doesn't command it.

Which means that the overthrow of a fascist theocracy in Egypt is in accordance with the Koran saying that there is "no compulsion in religion". Which is apparently what the Muslim Brotherhood was forcing upon the people of Egypt . Not only is this in opposition to the Koran but this is the year 2013.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Just an incredible guy....I hope so much he has a future in politics somehow. I'm kinda gobsmacked actually, at his level of knowledge and absolute clarity of thought, and his guts for not shying away from a discussion. I pride myself a wee bit on having a hefty IQ, and that I'm fairly articulate, but now I just feel so dim next to him!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join