It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deadly drive-by shooting just 4 doors down from my house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hi

I came home from work yesterday and my street was closed by about 100 cops and emergency personnel. I had to tell them I live right there just to get to my house..

I had no idea what was going on and was a little freaked out to say the least. When I got home my wife had the news on and said it was a drive-by shooting. My wife heard the shots but just assumed it was fireworks,

I have lived here for 20 years now and this is the 1st drive-by I have ever heard about in this town, and it's the 1st murder of the year here..

I did not know my neighbor well but I had seen him countless times..

Two men got out of their car as he was leaving his house and opened fire killing him, then sped away.

It is not a good feeling seeing that many cops and ambulances on your street and having no idea why..
www.kmbc.com...

Overland Park police are investigating a fatal drive-by shooting. Officers said the shooting happened near the intersection of 94th Street and Lamar Avenue about 3:30 p.m. Sunday

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I had a similar experience heading to my parents house about a decade ago. The entire court was police-lined off due to a murder at a neighbors house.
It was an isolated incident. They are now close to 30 years in the same place.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Not a drive by, but in Feb 07 a guy a couple houses down got killed with a silenced pistol and I had K-9 units combing the front of my house and in the park beside.

Not much you can do but look as not suspicious as possible

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Not a drive by, but in Feb 07 a guy a couple houses down got killed with a silenced pistol and I had K-9 units combing the front of my house and in the park beside.

Not much you can do but look as not suspicious as possible

did you remember to pick up the shell casing before you left?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is what happens when you enshrine gun ownership into your constitution.

You reap what you sow.

Cue all the NRA freaks telling me how emasculated I am.

Never been a drive-by shooting round these parts in the 48 years I've lived here. (Large metropolitan area in the UK.)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PheonixReborn

You reap what you sow.

Never been a drive-by shooting round these parts in the 48 years I've lived here. (Large metropolitan area in the UK.)

Till recently, I have lived in large metropolitan cities in the USA about the same number of years as you posted. I, too, have never seen nor been near a drive-by shooting. And...I venture to say that 90% of the people I know have one or more guns. Most are responsible, safe, and law-abiding citizens.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You reap what you sow.

"large metropolitan area" in the UK is pretty vague...because since the 70s theres been more than 60 terrorist attacks in the uk by the IRA alone. So what... the guy had a drive-by shooting near his house for the first time! Did you forget your random bombings all of a sudden? Have you forgot how it really feels to live in fear with an average of 4/5 bombings a year?

Moralists... Is that you Piers? At least maybe he can shoot back at those guys... while you...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

What on Earth are you on about? What does gun ownership have to do with terrorist attacks?

Take a few steps back and think about it again.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You reap what you sow.

I think every human is born with the right to protect themselves and their families by whatever means they deem necessary..

And until they have given society a reason to take that right away from them they should be left alone

I don't understand why some of you guys in the UK and other places are so eager to give up your basic right to defend and protect yourself, or god forbid have an easy way out when you just can't take it anymore.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You reap what you sow.

You guys just have walk by beheadings right? Yep so much safer there

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

What on Earth are you on about? What does gun ownership have to do with terrorist attacks?

Take a few steps back and think about it again.

Exactly my point.

What has gun ownership and the constitution have to do with a topic where a guy is talking about a drive-by shooting?

Nothing thats what! Its just a chance for a senseless jab at the legal gun owners...

Oh wait... you think the drive-by shooting was made with legally acquired weaponry?

But since you came from "false sense of security", I guess the IRA applies too... just to see if you dont talk from that high ground of yours and drop down to where us, the rest of the mortals are. Reality check - if all the pakis and what not you have taking over the uk right now decide to *really* take over, since you dont have a single gun to defend yourselves, you'll be in really deep sh.t... and you'll be prayin for an nra to save your skinny butts. Lucky for you, they're going the reproduction and religious assimilation route... it will just take longer.

Oh magoo... you've done it again!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You reap what you sow.

Oh really? We get lots in Vancouver, its been on the news all my life, and we don't have the same gun laws, mostly prohibited. It's the bad guys doing it, and they always have the guns.

So that's not it.
edit on 15-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Gang or drug shooting.

I lean to it being a gang shooting as a number of gangs have a rule of no shooting from cars because of bystanders being hit.

yes gangs hate bad media too.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I had some cholos kill my neighbor 2 doors down in a triplex I was in.I was covering the door with my .45.The police showed up 20 MINUTES later. I've gotten more guns since.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

You reap what you sow.

What does gun ownership have to do with being a man? I have noticed a trend with progressives they cry about profiling and tolerance but when it is something they believe in they profile and show little tolerance. Why is that?

Being progressive is a sickness of the mind. It distorts reality for anyone who lets it in. Just like with many other ailments of the mind the person seldom sees the distortions.
edit on 16-7-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
Hi

I came home from work yesterday and my street was closed by about 100 cops and emergency personnel. I had to tell them I live right there just to get to my house..

I had no idea what was going on and was a little freaked out to say the least. When I got home my wife had the news on and said it was a drive-by shooting. My wife heard the shots but just assumed it was fireworks,

I have lived here for 20 years now and this is the 1st drive-by I have ever heard about in this town, and it's the 1st murder of the year here..

I did not know my neighbor well but I had seen him countless times..

Two men got out of their car as he was leaving his house and opened fire killing him, then sped away.

It is not a good feeling seeing that many cops and ambulances on your street and having no idea why..
www.kmbc.com...

Overland Park police are investigating a fatal drive-by shooting. Officers said the shooting happened near the intersection of 94th Street and Lamar Avenue about 3:30 p.m. Sunday

goou,

Hey, didn't this happen in a civilized part of town? Sign of the times, the end time.

People, wear a Sacramental ( a blessed object, a crucifix, carry a holy card, wear or carry a medal). Go to
an entrance of any Catholic Church with a clean container... You will see a metal stand containing holy
water. Take some, bless your home. Pray a prayer of protection over your home and family, a famous one and short, you can memorize it. I pray it when I approach my front door to leave.

St. Anthony's Brief

Behold the Cross of the Lord
Flee you adversaries
The Lion of the Tribe of Judah
The root of David
Has concurred.
Alleluia!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Sorry, I typed the wrong word, it should be "conquered" not concurred. Evil is on the increase,

St. Anthony's Brief is one powerful prayer. Pray it over your home and when you are out and about. Again, a very short prayer, easy to remember.

+ + +

...In the 13th century, a Portugese woman who'd been demonically oppressed resolved to do the unthinkable by taking her own life by drowning herself in the Tagus River. On her way to the river, she passed a shrine erected in honor of the great orator and miracle-worker, St. Anthony of Padua. She stopped to pray, one last time. As she prayed, she saw St. Anthony standing before her, saying, "'Arise woman, and take this paper, which will free you from the molestations of the Evil One." Then he gave her a parchment inscribed with what is now known as the "Brief (i.e., "Letter") of St. Anthony," 1 and she was now free from demonic oppression and the desire to do away with herself.

News of this miracle spread, even to the King who asked the woman for the Brief. He placed it with the Crown Jewels of Portugal, which was fine for the King, but bad for the woman. After the Brief was no longer with her, she began to weaken and lapse, so the King made a copy for her that restored her to her healed state. Other copies of the Brief were spread to help the faithful fight the Evil One and remind them that Christ has conquered.

The Brief consists of a depiction of a Cross, and words which, forming a rhyme in the Latin, hearken back to Apocalypse 5:5, "And one of the ancients said to me: Weep not: behold the lion of the tribe of Juda, the root of David, hath prevailed to open the book and to loose the seven seals thereof." The words of St. Anthony's Brief are:

Ecce Crucem Domini,
Fugite, partes adversae,
Vicit Leo de Tribu Juda,
Radix David, alleluia.

English version:
Behold the Cross of the Lord!
Flee ye adversaries!
The Lion of the Tribe of Juda,
The Root of David has conquered, alleluia!

search - wwwfisheaters.com...

new topics

top topics

join