It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Joshua Chellew less important than Trayvon Martin?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingrutse
Joshua Chellew smh this is a horrible example. He is a identified Gang member its completely on tape several views. He started that confrontation those kids beat him up he ran to the street( he wasnt forced like his black girlfriend originally stated) and collapsed. Then some Drunk white guy ran him over stumbled out off his car got out looked at him and drove off. They found the kids havent found the drunk driver yet NOT RACIALY MOTIVATED stupid gang crap. Havent seen any info on this online but its been local news in Goergia.

Think that was his underlying point. Zimmerman didn't kill due to race, but actions.

A certain group of people tried to pull the race card. They even said that young black males are profiled as being aggressive or whatever. ....ignoring the fact that by doing so, gets the young black males into an uproar. Leading to mass protests that turn into looting frenzies.... Which adds to the profiling.

All the while stating they are misunderstood....

Dumb IMO.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingrutse
Joshua Chellew smh this is a horrible example. He is a identified Gang member its completely on tape several views. He started that confrontation those kids beat him up he ran to the street( he wasnt forced like his black girlfriend originally stated) and collapsed. Then some Drunk white guy ran him over stumbled out off his car got out looked at him and drove off. They found the kids havent found the drunk driver yet NOT RACIALY MOTIVATED stupid gang crap. Havent seen any info on this online but its been local news in Goergia.

edit on 16-7-2013 by kingrutse because: forgot image

Please stay to the actual facts of this case...distorting or misrepresenting them helps none of us.

Sgt. Dana Pierce with Cobb Police said they don’t expect to file charges against the driver of the red car that hit Chellew. He reportedly turned himself in, and his name is being withheld by police.

mdjonline.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

How is it being gang related an epic fail? So the next time the KKK murders a black person it is OK because it was gang related? If anyone failed it was you.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Zimmerman is half Peruvian and half White, Obama is half Black and Half white. Funny how the media chooses a side and makes GZ vs Martin racially charged but not this. They did a good job getting the Black community riled up and people in the White community who are to stupid to see past the lies.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by parkwoods21
reply to post by Jefferton

How is it being gang related an epic fail? So the next time the KKK murders a black person it is OK because it was gang related? If anyone failed it was you.

That is apples and oranges, but sure we all get the message.

KKK and gangs aren't the same. The KKK is 100% race related, gangs are not. KKK was singled out by the feds on another level from gangs. The KKK had their own chapter in the scope of things. Special laws were established because of the KKK. You cannot wear a mask during a protest because of them...in most states it seems.

If a gang targets another race of people only, they are uniquely classed with the KKK. Most gangs work for profit and territory. KKK, works for race. The KKK doesn't need new trade routes, they just want a hwhite Christmas.

I'd add linky's, but I hate doing so on a tablet device.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
God Bless George Zimmerman.

That's all I have to say about that.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
Lol. Gang related. Epic fail op.

Why can't it be gang related? Is that because he's white? Are you saying he can't be in a gang because of his race?

Is it also because the picture they chose for him is a nice smiley picture and the four guys who killed were represented by their mug shots?

Could that be why you think it's "epic fail"?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

There's a few minor differences but who's caring at this point as long as the story fits into their readers' race war fantasies.

- These four guys were thugs.
- Zimmerman is a neighborhood watch coordinator.

- Martin was a minor.
- The victim in the story was not.

- There is no controversial law about beating a guy to death. It's well understood.
- The "stand your ground" case has tons of controversy surrounding it.

- These four guys were arrested right away.
- Zimmerman was eventually brought in and then released.

- These four guys will definitely get convicted.
- Zimmerman just got is freedom.

This story has NOTHING IN COMMON with the Zimmerman/Martin case other than the connection the you and the writer are highlighting which is race.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
Indeed, why hasn't the case where the 11 year old white boy who had gasoline poured all over him and was then lit on fire and told "you deserve this honkey", etc, by two black boys that were in high school (thus the age difference) been heard about?

Do you want to hear about it? Really, do you? I know i #ing don't. In fact, I'm happy I don't because I know this isnt a popular theme among our youth. In fact, I don;t even want to hear if it was a black kid been killed by whites. I don;t want to hear none of that #. The media tell you one side, so that one react and the other reacts to the others reaction.

Really...Stop and #ing think. people piss me off so much.

Do you people enjoy this so much they let is rile them up? I tell you what, look at why this is happening not the #ing color.

I think I'v had enough of ATS for today...Thread has pissed me the # off.

Woah, woah, woah, calm down there, champ. No, I don't want to hear about 'it', I don't like hearing about any case that involves a child being harmed. However, this was on topic to the OP's post and point. Crimes that involve blacks murdering/harming whites happen MUCH more often than whites murdering/harming blacks, yet they are NOT publicized/broadcasted/circulated any where NEAR the amount of the Trayvon case.

I don't want to hear about any child being killed either, as you said yourself, however it bothers me to see how much one side is ignored to the other and how much hypocrisy has been built over such a serious issue.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

What we have here is a prime example of the liberal media's 'racial motivation' double-standard in full swing!

Silly....There are thousands of brutal murders in the USA every year. Hundreds of African-Americans are murdered in Chicago each year.

Yes...the media focused on the Trayvon Martin case...mostly because it had the components of controversy that sells the news and it was in a gated community in FL vs. LA or Chicago.

AND..."Liberal" media??? Was not Fox News all over this 24-7? And from the get-go!

So the media LEFT and RIGHT and the MIDDLE decided this story had all that was needed to sell...race issues, social justice issues, gun and gun violence issues.

None of that excuses the circumstances or discounts the evidence...whatever side you are on.

It is akin to the HUNDREDS of African-American children that go missing or are abducted each year...but when a little white girl gets abducted...Nancy Grace is all over it!! National news!

If your point is that the media spins and sells the news...Yawn.....

If your point is that somehow Trayvon Martin's life is worth less because some African Americans murdered a White person...then I call BS.

Maybe you can explain what your point is?
edit on 16-7-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
Crimes that involve blacks murdering/harming whites happen MUCH more often than whites murdering/harming blacks, yet they are NOT publicized/broadcasted/circulated any where NEAR the amount of the Trayvon case.

Crimes involving impovershed folks happen much more often than folks that have economic stability. Color has nothing to do with it. Except maybe serial killers, who trend heavily white male.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Did they let these guys go without charging them? Because that's what the outrage was about in the Zimmerman case.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy
well they didnt murder him for one, they beat him up and he walked into traffic.
thats manslaughter at worst.

THINK BEFORE TOUCHING THE KEYBOARD PLEASE

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Folks keep bringing up Joshua Chellew and other horrible crimes committed by Blacks against Whites ,but they are missing the point all these individuals or gangs are under arrest and will have their day in court ..if I am mistaken then I hope decent folks of whatever hue or background take to the streets and demand justice,the problem that black folks have is with the justice system itself not some random killing of Blacks by Whites but the inequality in that system look at any stats for the same crimes committed by Blacks/Hispanics vs Whites and the arrest and punishment meted out. In the case of black folks there is a long laundry list of such inequality under the law that goes back decades even centuries..If I resurrect them I would be accused of using history as a crutch.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Spider879 because: just because

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

I'm calling bullcrap on your entire post. What difference does it make being gang related? These black gangs are calling for inductees to find white people and kill them. The point is that the TM case should never have gotten the media coverage that it did. Nobama should have kept his racist nose out of it. We are simply trying to point out the obvious racism involved in the TM case on the part of black people and the media.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

I'm calling bullcrap on your entire post. What difference does it make being gang related? These black gangs are calling for inductees to find white people and kill them. The point is that the TM case should never have gotten the media coverage that it did. Nobama should have kept his racist nose out of it. We are simply trying to point out the obvious racism involved in the TM case on the part of black people and the media.

Double bull crap on your entire post mister if you can't see that those guys are under arrest and will go to jail or get that lethal cocktail mix they deserve..justice is being served Obama being racist raised by White folks like his white Mom and grand parents in virtually non racist multi *racial* cultural Hawaii??..I know I was stationed in Pearl the racism come from folks like yourself who can't find empathy for a dead kid because he looked nothing like you or yours.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Spider879 because: just because

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The four assailants were arrested immediately. Maybe that's why.

Also, it seems it was gang related.

According to the warrant, Chellew flashed blue colors and claimed allegiance to the “Crips” street gang. Three of the suspects were dressed in red, the colors affiliated with the “Crips” longtime rival, the “Bloods.” The exchange was captured on the station’s surveillance cameras.

Source

Thanks dude!

glad you have our backs mate!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

you were STATIONED in Hawaii..

I LIVED THERE as a Civilian and went to Pearl City HS.. you are either lying or never left the base.

HAwaii is one of the MOST racist places on earth. unless you are asian or latino and have brown skin that blends in with the locals.

this is SO STUPID to say there is NO racism in hawaii.....LMFAO

where are our HAWAIIAN MEMBERS? please shut this guy up

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

My girlfriend's uncle...He was Asian.. Maybe if I had connections with the Black Panthers then I could get this story some more coverage on the news, if the Black Pa.thers say it is ok I mean, of course.

My condolences to the friends and family of Joshua Chellow I feel your frustration...

My sincere condolences to your extended family. Please allow this sarcasm to illuminate a point that can't be mentioned enough.

The Asian community needs to step it up.. with C.A.I.R. for muslims, La Raza for latinos, and the all you can eat buffet of Black groups. etc

I bet if there was an Asian Panthers that would be the way to go..

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry

you were STATIONED in Hawaii..

I LIVED THERE as a Civilian and went to Pearl City HS.. you are either lying or never left the base.

HAwaii is one of the MOST racist places on earth. unless you are asian or latino and have brown skin that blends in with the locals.

this is SO STUPID to say there is NO racism in hawaii.....LMFAO

where are our HAWAIIAN MEMBERS? please shut this guy up

I said virtually not that there wasn't any and what I found there was waay less than from my home state of NYC,I was on the Big Island at camp Kilauea did my mess cranking there before moving to Pearl.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Spider879 because: Make a correction

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join