It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES! Christ is the ONLY way. I can prove it to you with one word.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Nothing I said was wrong, prove otherwise.

I thought we were proving truth here ? Prove it's the truth ?

And for us redneck okies it's fopah !

edit on 16-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I thought we were proving truth here ? Prove it's the truth ?

Were we? I think you're absolving yourself from the responsibility of your claims. You want me to prove that there is no evidence of a soul existing or that some people want to make the most of their lives? Either way you're not talking sense, both are ridiculous things to ask of someone. The fact is that there is no evidence in favour of a soul existing, this is proven by the lack of evidence to say that there is, it's absurd to ask someone to prove a negative, the burden of proof is on you. I can personally attest to the other claim, as I myself wish to make the most of my life and do not waste it in the false comfort that I will have an afterlife.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
There was formally a 23rd letter in the proto Canaanite. It is the double helix shape and was later absorbed into the letter Ayin. Here is the page and description of this letter looking like a twisted rope: Letter GHAH

Yes, but that "Ghah" letter wa never assocaited with life. In ancient religions the serpent was associated with wisdom, life, and sexuality and the two twisting snaked represented the life force, and the DNA looks like that.

Satan said he created with the 4 words to sustain the life. The Dna has the four codes A, C, G, and T.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

as I myself wish to make the most of my life and do not waste it in the false comfort that I will have an afterlife.

You are your own evidence against this quite obviously as you here posting in this thread.
So I suggest you need to get real with yourself and thanks for the spelling lesson.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

as I myself wish to make the most of my life and do not waste it in the false comfort that I will have an afterlife.

You are your own evidence against this quite obviously as you here posting in this thread.

Posting in this thread means that I take solace in the false hope of an afterlife? No, it clearly doesn't.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Hell with that, you been here posting longer than I have. And your premise of not having a good time because I believe in Christ is really ignorant in the first place. I 've had a great life my fellow member and in the end I'll have
no regrets and no worries. The OP is righteous. I have a better life cause I have Christ. You should give it a go !
That's just all about what you do with it. And right now you're not hav'in any better life than I am. And that's a fact.
Bet you never do either.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Hell with that, you been here posting longer than I have. And your premise of not having a good time because I believe in Christ is really ignorant in the first place. I 've had a great life my fellow member and in the end I'll have
no regrets and no worries. The OP is righteous. I have a better life cause I have Christ. You should give it a go !

In what way can a false ideology improve my life? Religion is not compatible with my scientific interest and critical way of thinking. This is far from the point that you have avoided, and I have not suggested that you don't have a good time.

You don't know anything about my life, so let's keep that out of it.
edit on 16-7-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The OP is righteous.

- Christ said no one is good but the Father.

Christ also threatened people with execution for not wanting to have a king. Not for capital offenses mind you. Simply for not wanting to have a king.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

In what way can a false ideology improve my life?

Obviously you would be very surprized.

Why is it false ? Because you say it is ? Because the evidence says it is ?
Or perhaps because the lies you paid to learn convinced you ?
You say you can't prove a neg. But that only leaves a positive ? If something
is a positive in the first place why in the hell does it have to be proven to you ?
It's already positive, I'm positive of that.

And I really wasn't trying to pry either. I hope you get some fun out life.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

In what way can a false ideology improve my life?

Why is it false ? Because you say it is ? Because the evidence says it is ?
Or perhaps because the lies you paid to learn convinced you ?
You say you can't prove a neg. But that only leaves a positive ? If something
is a positive in the first place why in the hell does it have to be proven to you ?
It's already positive, I'm positive of that.

You talk complete and utter nonsense, that doesn't make any sense.

I don't believe it because it's a relatively recent creation of man with nothing to even suggest that it's true, just like the thousands of other religions. Just because yours is one of the more popular ones doesn't make it any more credible, it's just the result of kids having religion shoved down their throats from an early age, yours is not special. You say god exists? Well prove it, then I will believe in him, until then it's one of thousands of stories made up to fill the gap that is present without scientific discovery. You show the extent of your ignorance and blind faith by referring to education as "lies".

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You just don't see the credibility and wouldn't want to know it any way. Would you ?
Would just do a mexican hat dance around the credibility if I should some ?

Your critical thinking just gets in the way of true common sense of the language we're using.
You're the one who makes positive and negative more complicated than they are. Not me.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What credibility? It's non-existent. Prove me wrong without avoiding the subject by talking nonsense.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

No first you're going to tell me what I said that doesn't make sense to you ?
Then I'll gladly comply.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

No first you're going to tell me what I said that doesn't make sense to you ?
Then I'll gladly comply.

Your butchering of the English language and nonsensical ramblings is what doesn't make sense. I thought you might avoid the challenge of actually providing evidence of what you believe in, but then I know that you can't anyway.
edit on 16-7-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Servant leadership is the hallmark of Christian faith.

And such endeavors are the hallmark of good, caring people, not of god or faith.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

The only thing I see getting butchered here is every reason you think you have for believing
that man is the ultimate intelligence in existence. When he quite obviously isn't. with my
hand easily forced i'll comply anyway.

Without quoting scripture i'm pretty sure it was the Pharisees who said it as Christ
was on his way to the cross. Something like:

Why should we argue, if he is truly what people say he is then he will still be that, after he is dead.
If not then he will be nothing and we will know.

By all intents and purposes Jesus Christ died in obscurity.
The same way thousands maybe even millions of other peole
who died on the cross did. Not so obscure today tho is he ?
Do your hat dance ? If that isn't credibility I'll eat your hat.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

When he quite obviously isn't.

Prove it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Can't prove a negative.

Bedtime.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Can't prove a negative.

Bedtime.

Proving something exists is a positive, genius.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

The question is: Which word do you trust?

Not yours, for a kickoff. You said you were going to prove it with one word, but there are 553 words in your post and they don't even begin to prove your claim.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join