It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES! Christ is the ONLY way. I can prove it to you with one word.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

It shows these things in your own biased and brainwashed mind, not to people with the ability to think critically. You haven't got 10,000 pages proving otherwise, every thread that I've seen you post has been complete and utter drivel like this one, usually containing mostly quotes from the Bible. You can't seem to realise that this logic exists in your own mind, you're making connections that aren't there because you want to believe and to you it's obviously true, to anyone else it is nonsense, as reflected in much of your post that I'm replying to. People of the same indoctrination that can't possibly think around their "faith" will agree with you, but that just makes it all the more sad the human brain can be such a detriment to itself.
edit on 15-7-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
You didn't prove anything in one word in your OP.

Misleading title. 2nd line.

Bold statement for someone who offers not alternative; no context or counter argument; no quotes from the op. Your incredulity is not a context. I have typed pages of useful context today, all of which relates directly to the context of our current history and language. Why do you not agree? Point by point, please outline your arguments.

edit on 15-7-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

You have offered no argument to counter. His post is as valuable as yours was, you just used a lot more words.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I get it.. its not foreign to me.

Why is it hard for you to understand?

If you really want to understand read his other threads and if you don't then oppose what the op is presenting with your own links and or pov. Maybe you can do this without insults... maybe not.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I get it.. its not foreign to me.

Why is it hard for you to understand?

If you really want to understand read his other threads and if you don't then oppose what the op is presenting with your own links and or pov. Maybe you can do this without insults... maybe not.

There's absolutely nothing to oppose, hence the lack of a relevant healthy debate or discussion in this thread. I've come across many of OP's posts in the past, I've never seen anyone that can put such little meaning in to so many words.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Most people fear that which they do not understand. I do understand that.

The knowledge the OP has surpasses your own by combining his knowledge of the bible+language+science+philosophy and that's ok.

It doesn't mean he is your superior it just means he understands what is being shown to him.

Any relationship (like he has with God) is personal and is experienced differently with each person. With background knowledge in the 4 mentioned above you would understand his pov more.

I really don't think you want to though.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well, the skeptics and scoffers were quick to jump in, and why do you suppose that is? Was it to cover the ringing of the cognitive dissonance in their minds, as some Truth tapped them on the shoulder? I once stood with them, but I now stand proudly with the OP, Enoch Was Right. Yes, I get it.

Oh, by the way:

NAME OF LETTERS INTERPRETATION OF SYMBOL, WORD, OR LETTER Rendered in English

ALEPH An Ox or Bullock, a sacrifice or at-one-ment. Its numerical value is ONE.
BETH A House or Tent, a dwelling or tabernacle, in, among, within, etc.
GIMEL A Camel, like a camel's hump, heap, collect, high.
DALETH A Door or Gate, lid, valve.
HE Lo, see, behold, (therefore) a lattice or window for that purpose
VAV A Peg, Nail or Hook, therefore, wherefore, then, that, in order that, so that, etc.
ZAYIN A Weapon, a shining sword, brightness, light.
CHETH An Enclosure, fenced in, ark, refuge.
TETH A Serpent, like a serpent, rolled, twisted, entwined.
YOD The Hand, the right hand, to strike or pierce, a stroke, a blow.
KAPH The Hollow or Palm of the Hand, curved, concave, a valley or basin.
LAMEDH A Goad, towards, into, unto, until, upon, even to, besides, etc.
MEM Water, waves, a flood.
NUN A Fish, to sprout, to put forth, Noah, (as one from whom all are propagated).
SAMEKH A Fulcrum, prop, lever, to help, to sustain, to uphold, the hinge of a mason's apron, a ladder or line connecting the lower with the higher, the Holy Ghost.
AYIN The Eye, to flow, to flow out, a fountain.
PE The Mouth, to breathe, to blow, a side or quarter of the heavens, region, part, quarter.
TSADHE A Scythe or Reaping-hook, just, pertains to the harvest or retribution. Tsadok is Jupiter or justice (in Sanscrit, karma).
QOPH Occiput, back of the head, to move in a circle.
RESH Head, first, foremost, beginning, front.
Rosh means a foremost or most northern nation.
SHIN Tooth, a sharp rock, cliff, crag.
The Almighty (Shaddi) if seen from the front, but Satan if seen from behind.
TAU A Sign or Mark, cross, a symbol, a token.

edit on 15-7-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah de dah

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Just read a bit, and you got a very simple hebrew word wrong...son is ben, bet nun, not aleph nun. Also, aleph means ox...I suppose one could potentially interpret this as strength, though.

Unfortunately, your post didn't really provide any evidence, even admitting gematria and esoteric interpretations of scripture and the hebrew language...I enjoy that mode of interpretation, just needs more work to make it meaningful and potentially 'convincing,' provided one accepts the basic method of extrapolating meaning.

Don't interpret what I'm saying negatively...I really like the style of thinking/interpretation that is driving you...just didn't see any real point being driven home in the OP.
edit on 15-7-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Most people fear that which they do not understand. I do understand that.

The knowledge the OP has surpasses your own by combining his knowledge of the bible+language+science+philosophy and that's ok.

It doesn't mean he is your superior it just means he understands what is being shown to him.

Any relationship (like he has with God) is personal and is experienced differently with each person. With background knowledge in the 4 mentioned above you would understand his pov more.

I really don't think you want to though.

There's no reason to fear nonsense, I think you're just trying to belittle me. That won't work.

His "knowledge" surpasses nothing, it's fanciful connections and quotes from a book created by man, resulting a specious statements that can't be critically opposed because they contain nothing of actual value to anyone that actually has the to do so.

"Any relationship (like he has with God) is personal and is experienced differently with each person."

As if the relationship was imaginary, like an imaginary friend. What a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Despite what OP has actually evidenced here with the word truth.
Enoch and everyone who has replied to this thread must
agree. We are all on our way to death. Everyone of us here
will die. Most likely with'in sixty years. No debating it. No denying it.
No arguing that ONE absolute ultimate truth.

Now logic tells me that surely there is only one truth beyond
the truth of death. One truth that we all will come to know.
Just as there was only one truth for us all at birth.
All who are here now, posting in this thread, the one truth that is
this life.

Now for anyone posting asking who's truth ? You're
arguing against the reality of truth itself. So logic dictates
that there will be one truth on the otherside of death. One
truth for every one of us. The fact that we do not know what
lies beyond death isn't Gods fault. Whether or not you're a
believer.

It's our fault that we don't know and our fault if we don't figure
it out. This isn't fear mongering or scare tactics or fire and
brimstone. For those who need an example of this I offer
Secrateriat.

The one absolute truth at the end of that race that no one here
can argue is still the truth today. Secretariet won the 1973
Belmont stakes to take The Triple Crown by easily annihilating
the best horses of his day. And I'll bet a dollar to a donut that
the one truth beyond death is," that Christ is the only way ".
It's the only thing that makes sense.
edit on 16-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
You didn't prove anything in one word in your OP.

Misleading title. 2nd line.

Bold statement for someone who offers not alternative; no context or counter argument; no quotes from the op. Your incredulity is not a context. I have typed pages of useful context today, all of which relates directly to the context of our current history and language. Why do you not agree? Point by point, please outline your arguments.

edit on 15-7-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

I didn't click the link to this thread to read pages of material that you and others voluntarily wrote. I came here because the title said "with one word". The original, first post did not deliver.

Don't feel insulted because I don't have the time to read pages of diatribes. Religious people have a right to feel the way they do, and so do Atheists. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Jesus himself was actually pretty darn tolerant.

I simply don't like misleading titles.

I think the MODS should change the topic title to more accurately reflect the discussion (which is a very old one).

TLDR: You *chose* to spend your time writing and adding content. Good for you. I don't have the time or inclination to read an argument as old as the concept of Christianity itself.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
What is truth?

Truth is a decision, a choice - when someone has information they may decide that the information is true, they may also decide it is false. We should realize that the information is not changed by our own decision - regardless of whether we think it is true or false, the information remains the same.

Some people may need a lot of correlated information from many sources to decide that something is true, others might need only a small amount of information.

Regardless of whether you need a large or small amount of information - the decision to make information true or false is a decision that is made by the individual - and that choice does not change the nature of the underlying information.

So then, why do we decide to make information true or false, rather than leaving it in its natural state? The reason is because we need to act - and when we act in physical reality, we cannot turn left and right at the same time, (macro) physical reality is binary - and conforms to logical constructs.

So logic is required for us to act within physical reality, we need to decide (for example) whether we should turn left or right, because we cannot do both at the same time.

Inside the mind, we are not constrained by logic, and physical reality. When approaching a cross road in our mind, we can turn left or right, but we could also decide to fly straight up straight down or even to simply move to a new location without encountering the intervening space - or even to turn into a pink elephant and dismiss the cross roads entirely.

Truth is our own perception applied to the external environment in order to facilitate decision making. To realize that truth is simply our own internal construct, and only applies in physical reality - in essence a mental shortcut - is the beginning of understanding.

If you are able to remove truth from your lexicon, and from your internal processes - then you are able to receive external information without bias, without filtering - this allows unlimited access to all information (you never reject any information, but collate it all). In effect you have no upper and lower limits within which your perceived reality occurs - the limits are expanded to infinity.

Receiving information without filtering does not imply an unsophisticated mind - easily duped - but rather the opposite - a critical mind that is not discomforted by not knowing - rather is challenged to integrate new information into models and constructs that expand rapidly - not being constrained by logic, but also able to be compressed into logical structures if action is required.

Once information is in the mind, then it can either be used to model relationships in the mind - or temporarily force them into true and false states so we can use logic - and act.

When we abandon the concept of truth, we perceive that all belief is unfounded. The human ego is almost always integrated with belief - it is our beliefs that make us who we are - or this is the general process of thinking for most. This is why beliefs are defended so vigorously - because they contain the ego of the individual - and attack on the belief is an attack on them personally.

When you abandon truth and belief, it means total destruction of ego - and a complete rebirth as a new being. You do not have truth, belief or knowledge - but you have information and understanding - and a process for thinking.

The ego automatically binds within the process, rather than within certain beliefs - that is we abandon a position of authority of knowledge, and instead build our ego upon the process of collection, analysis and holistic interpretation of information. This new ego is infinitely more powerful than the previous ego - it is a total authority over the mind and body of the new being, a divine rule of self.

This process requires destruction of the ego entirely, before rebirth can occur - from a being of limited reality, to a being of infinite reality - from a knowing being, to a being of understanding.

This in my opinion is a new level of consciousness - one that can only be accessed by complete destruction of the previous ego - rebirth of a new being - based on information and understanding, rather than truth and belief.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2013 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I know. If everyone on the planet prayed to whatever God they believed in -- for a man to regrow a missing limb, would it happen?

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Why would he need to regrow a limb when all the man needs, is Christ ?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Why would he need to regrow a limb when all the man needs, is Christ ?

I really really hope that was sarcasm. Otherwise, most people missing limbs would and should feel offended - as they usually miss their limbs every day. In heaven, they will be completed, I guess.

On earth, their limbs are heavily missed. How would Christ help if, for example, you can't climb some stairs as you are missing both of your legs? He won't push or lift you up.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

No sacasm just truth. How much use do we get out of our legs after we die.
Sure people miss their limbs if their gone. They still get around.
The truth is they still have a soul to worry about. With Christ he has a promise of
a whole new everlasting body. No one else makes such a promise.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I know why Christ got killed.

He was running around threatening people. Peaceful law abiding Roman subjects.

Luke 19

“But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence.”

How would you react not being guilty of a crime worthy of death if I told you bow before me, have me as your king, or be slayed before me? Imagine saying that to a king or a president. If Christ had said that to POTUS the Secret Service would have showed up at his house and he would be up on federal charges.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

reply to post by ManFromEurope

No sacasm just truth. How much use do we get out of our legs after we die. Sure people miss there limbs if there gone. They still get around. The truth is they still have a soul to worry about.

But some people like to make the most of our short lives rather than clinging on to false hope of our souls (which is an old interpretation of our conciousness yet to be proven to exist) going to heaven and not making the most of life.

Off topic, but you should look up the usage of "they're", "there" and "their".
edit on 16-7-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Regardless of whether you need a large or small amount of information - the decision to make information true or false is a decision that is made by the individual

Secretariet decided what the truth would be at the Belmont. No one else.
Just as Christ decided what the truth would be at Calvary. No one else.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Oh dear me did I commit a fopah ? I don't believe it constitutes all that really do you ? Wrong on both counts.
It's ok the truth does upset people.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Oh dear me did I commit a fopah ? I don't believe it constitutes all that really do you ? Wrong on both counts.
It's ok the truth does upset people.

Do you mean a faux pas? Not sure what you're referring to.

Nothing I said was wrong, prove otherwise.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join