It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES! Christ is the ONLY way. I can prove it to you with one word.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sump3
reply to post by SpearMint

A dusted mirror doesn't reflect the light that shines on it back.

We see what we want to see up to a certain degree. You should know if you've introduced yourself to quantum physics.

In other words: We use symbols in the form of language and writing to convey a meaning which when spoken to other people is interpreted by their own view of life and the world.
So when you don't see eye to eye with someone that see's things as truth in their own way, you can't possibly expect yourself to see things in their way if you can't open up the belief inside of you that what if, what if it's true?

Be open minded but critical at the same time.

To close my response up I say: We are what we believe and if we don't open up our hearts and minds to care, love and true belief (I am typing this and I believe it) we surely have nothing. Be glad in your heart and mind at all times.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Sump3 because: replaced you with we

I'm very open minded, but being open minded doesn't mean believing something that has nothing to back it up. You can be sceptical but open minded; I think many avid sceptics that probe these things do it because they are open minded and want some evidence, they're just going about it in a sensible way. If something of value can be provided then I'm more than happy to look at it, and critically analyse it. It seems that it can't be done though, because there is no evidence. It's just one of many thousands of beliefs around the world, to blindly accept it seems silly when you consider human history on the larger scale and this particular ideology which has existed for a tiny fraction of it.
edit on 21-7-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

True. Got nothing against this answer.

It of course depends highly on where we get our sources. And on that note how we convey the information gathered from our sources to other people.

I f.ex. like allegories with philosophical, ontological or cosmological twist very much and can connect them very well to my interior self and information I've gathered through accepted science.

Though I have a harder time myself to convey meanings through allegories as I have a trouble with "inventing" them. So I'm very good at retelling them in the exact way I read or heard them or at least in a similar way.

But as you say, we must have a good base of evidence to be able to accept data. Otherwise a spider-web of false reality manifests within us. That ain't no good

May you have a bright and enlightening life ahead of you.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Or maybe ego.

I think it is the 4th dimension which is stopping us from viewing - time. Because in all cases when God was proven it had something to do with synchronization of time. So if I made that into a religion, it would be hard to follow because nobody knows how to stop time.

The one thing we are still waiting for is to do something as great or greater than Jesus.

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father

What this truly means is that Jesus had the faith - Jesus could have been wrong about us doing the same things, or we just haven't reached our potential. You cannot say that Jesus had to have been correct, because it was a declaration of faith in him.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I think many avid sceptics that probe these things do it because they are open minded and want some evidence,

But there are different types of evidence. And you won't see me even
trying to offer the kind of hard ass, clinical, evidence you demand.
That's why I used the word "redundance", as over and over again, this
is where the, " avid skeptics" quit. And for me, it's like spiking the ball
at 50 yard line. You're only half way there, but claim a touch down
and go running out of the stadium claiming victory at half time.

Sorry I jest often and crack my silly self up. But rather true from my
view. That is ? Half way thru the 4th quarter, playing a team that has
already left the stadium. You're losing and can't begin to understand
let alone describe, why?

( You really have me on my toes with my legibility )

Anyway, from my vantage point, I can see you're going to lose. And I can
find no solice in such a win. So I'm calling your cell and trying to convince
you, that you need to get back in the game. Cause this is The Superbowl,
The Triple Crown, the World Series, The Indy 500. And when the game or
race is over. The TRUTH is set in stone, never changing.

Does that make any sense ?

And tell me that the protocols of science do not demand spiritual nulification
from the get go. You can blow that smoke right up someone elses arse.
And one more thing. Do you ever ask yourself, if it makes any sense to
ask an iron worker, for the kind evidence, that you are far more qualified to find ?
And don't you at least believe, that the importance of this topic, takes precedence
over your own personal findings, of true or false ?
edit on 21-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Miracula

You do with your life as you please.

You were taught what fun is, by societies and your upbringing standards.

Consider that.

You are talking about a guy who said something to the effect of (I'm paraphrasing) "bring those would not have me as king and slay them before me).

Pretend you are Obama for a second. And then pretend that Obama is the local ruling government official in Palestine at the time of Christs life.

Some homeless guy running around pulling a Benny Hinn and miracling people with some kind of invisible chi whammi power and he threatens Obama and the people he rules with a statement like "bring those who would not have me as king and have them slayed before me". And this guy making those threats is starting to gather a following. And some of the people who are starting to follow him are armed with swords and spears.

Is he a security threat?

What if the local authority hadn't threatened Christ or what if they hadn't been guilty of any crime worthy of capital punishment like murder, serial rape, or child molestation? Last time I checked you can't threaten people with death for simply not wanting to have a king.
edit on 21-7-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You weren't there and neither was I. So we shouldn't draw the conclusion that we knew what happened.

You draw your reality out of what you read, hear or see based on how you see life and the world. And from what I gather, it's a negative standpoint at least towards what you view as a religion.

I take no part in religion, rather I try to drain in to myself good advices on how to live my life both ontologically and in every other way, by trying to do good deeds when I can.

And I for one can thank these old scriptures for a good part in pointing me in the right directions, I don't care if someones had or didn't have superpowers. That's not the point... It's for you to be a good person, that's the point of it all. At least from what I've gathered from it.

Whether it be Jewish mysticism, Hindu mysticism, Chinese mysticism, Christian mysticism, Egypitan mysticism or any other type of mysticism. They're all the same in their core...describing the same things.

You haven't opened up your belief for Kabbalah/Kundalini or whatever it's called and so you cannot view it from experience of it. Now that's Quantum physics at it's finest.

Gee man.. try to soften yourself a bit or that glass house will crack.

Hope you have an enlightening and bright life. And remember, I have care for you.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You weren't there and neither was I. So we shouldn't draw the conclusion that we knew what happened.

Actually we can draw a conclusion. This is holy scripture. It is authorized by the divine. Therefore we know exactly what happened. Christ issued a threat against against all people who opposed him as being king.

Healing the sick is great. Public service and healings. Great. Reinforcing truths like the 10 commandments. Great. Declaring that people must worship you as king under penalty of death is a bit aggressive unless you limit those threats to those who have threatened you, or are guilty of a capital offense.

But Rome had already establish law and order. They had a murderer up for execution called Barbaras. Rome had in fact instituted law as evidenced by Barbaras' detainment for violation of civil order by committing murder. So, the idea that Christ was threatening a government that was implementing justice as evidenced by Barbaras' detainment is a bit of the wall. It's not unlike Oral Roberts saying that he needed his televangelist audience to send 7 million dollars or God was going to take him back home to heaven as if God were some kind of extortionist who threatens people for personal gain.

It makes me think that religions are here for the soul purpose of allowing people who use common sense to be able to judge someone's ability to reason and assess another persons concept of reality by their religious affiliation. I know based on what doctrine someone accepts where they are mentally. When they mention what their brand of Christian doctrine or church sect they belong to I know exactly how far they have deviated from Biblical doctrine simply by their religious affiliation and I automatically know what kind of person I am dealing with.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You can take the word as factual, but as far as I know, these are rewritten copies of copies of copies of copies etc. etc. etc. etc. of what happened. I won't take that as a fact written. These are "gospels" which means good news basically. Have been argued genre vise as bios and other things.

In all I read that I know is historically that far back is I can't take any word for what happened as I only get a vague picture of what happened and see how many hands have handled it and changed who knows how many details as to fit their agenda or for some other purpose then all I can draw from it is:
How can the advises in the book make me a better person.. As should we all.

Everything else is vanity based and ignorant to the fact that we know squat about history, except a little grain in the sand here and there.

And as for Jesus the man, he never asked anyone to worship him, only to take his word that he was who said he was, the son of god. And we are too if we recognize him as our brother, sister and mother.

So he took Christ(metaphysical, conscious based phenomenom) into himself as god told him to "put his god by his right hand side(being the good and righteous side of all that is)".

Looking into this by your very grounded nature makes you overlook the mystic allegorical nature of the life of this man as it is written in those few books.
I recommend you read the Egyptian pyramid texts, the Egyptian book of the dead, the hindu vedas, and last but not least Corpus Hermeticum and see the correlations and exhalt yourself of your sand grounded mainstream science mind.

Open yourself up to the possibility (and only you can do that), that there might be more to those teachings than you are giving them credit for. Hint: They are about your interior self in all aspects you might consider. Even the story about the garden of Eden.
Adam being your masculine self, Eve being your feminine self, the snake being your well, all your bad/evil qualities. and the garden of eden being your brain/mind/consciousness at it's full potential of open mindedness and harmony.

I hope you understand what I say by knocking on some of your interior doors and walking in them as I have led you to a few.

Thank you for the conversation. I will say no more unless you ask to know more with a pure heart and mind.
edit on 21-7-2013 by Sump3 because: left a few words out

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I know based on what doctrine someone accepts where they are mentally. When they mention what their brand of Christian doctrine or church sect they belong to I know exactly how far they have deviated from Biblical doctrine simply by their religious affiliation and I automatically know what kind of person I am dealing with.

Please, tell me exactly where I'm at mentally and what kind of person am I ?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I know based on what doctrine someone accepts where they are mentally. When they mention what their brand of Christian doctrine or church sect they belong to I know exactly how far they have deviated from Biblical doctrine simply by their religious affiliation and I automatically know what kind of person I am dealing with.

Please, tell me exactly where I'm at mentally and what kind of person am I ?

I can't do that unless you tell me that you speak in tongues or think that is okay for 38 year old men to manipulate 14 year old girls into marriage by violating your church's own doctrine.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Well, at least you can tell me what kind of person I'm not. I guess that's a start.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I think many avid sceptics that probe these things do it because they are open minded and want some evidence,

But there are different types of evidence. And you won't see me even
trying to offer the kind of hard ass, clinical, evidence you demand.
That's why I used the word "redundance", as over and over again, this
is where the, " avid skeptics" quit. And for me, it's like spiking the ball
at 50 yard line. You're only half way there, but claim a touch down
and go running out of the stadium claiming victory at half time.

Sorry I jest often and crack my silly self up. But rather true from my
view. That is ? Half way thru the 4th quarter, playing a team that has
already left the stadium. You're losing and can't begin to understand
let alone describe, why?

( You really have me on my toes with my legibility )

Anyway, from my vantage point, I can see you're going to lose. And I can
find no solice in such a win. So I'm calling your cell and trying to convince
you, that you need to get back in the game. Cause this is The Superbowl,
The Triple Crown, the World Series, The Indy 500. And when the game or
race is over. The TRUTH is set in stone, never changing.

Does that make any sense ?

And tell me that the protocols of science do not demand spiritual nulification
from the get go. You can blow that smoke right up someone elses arse.
And one more thing. Do you ever ask yourself, if it makes any sense to
ask an iron worker, for the kind evidence, that you are far more qualified to find ?
And don't you at least believe, that the importance of this topic, takes precedence
over your own personal findings, of true or false ?
edit on 21-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

No, evidence is evidence, however you classify it, and you have shown none. You know there isn't any evidence, you know that there's actually no reason to believe what you believe other than because you've been taught to. Religion is such an arrogant thing, you're convinced that your story, created very recently, is the one truth out of many thousands of others. Why do you think this? Because you were told to; you can't back it up. You may as well make up any ridiculous story and choose to believe it, it's exactly the same thing as your religion, just less popular and a bit newer. Science aims to find the answers, religion fills in the gaps with stories and puts its fingers in its ears. Part of me laughs at the idea of that, but it makes me very sad that some of the Human race is still down on that level; we're past that. It always amazes me how people like you are totally blind to the incredibility of an ideology based on nothing but a man-made book, but I guess that's what indoctrination does, funny how people like you think that it's everyone else that needs to wake up.

I have no problem with people believing what the want to believe, I just have a problem when people get arrogant and ignorant with it, the brainwashed type, like you.
edit on 22-7-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

True. Got nothing against this answer.

It of course depends highly on where we get our sources. And on that note how we convey the information gathered from our sources to other people.

I f.ex. like allegories with philosophical, ontological or cosmological twist very much and can connect them very well to my interior self and information I've gathered through accepted science.

Though I have a harder time myself to convey meanings through allegories as I have a trouble with "inventing" them. So I'm very good at retelling them in the exact way I read or heard them or at least in a similar way.

But as you say, we must have a good base of evidence to be able to accept data. Otherwise a spider-web of false reality manifests within us. That ain't no good

May you have a bright and enlightening life ahead of you.

Well said, and thank you, I wish the best for you as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

No, evidence is evidence, however you classify it, and you have shown none. You know there isn't any evidence, you know that there's actually no reason to believe what you believe other than because you've bee taught to.

Taught to huh ? You don't even know me. And you're completely off=topic.

Religion is such an arrogant thing, you're convinced that your story, created very recently, is the one truth out of many thousands of others.

That's right I am. That's why I said I'd bet a dollar to a donut. And your use of the word arrogant really calls attention to the obvious. So you're not pull'in that one off at all, K?

Why do you think this?

You offer nothing better. At all. And I don't think it. I know it.

Because you were told to; you can't back it up.

Off-topic. I'm not the topic here.

You may as well make up any ridiculous story and choose to believe it, it's exactly the same thing as your religion, just less popular and a bit newer.

Science sets a great example of this don't you think ?

Science aims to find the answers, religion fills in the gaps with stories and puts its fingers in its ears.

Science goes back to the drawing board over and over again, religiously worshipping a chalk board. Trial and error," Oh well, If at first you don't suceed " But in the beginning, God made it happen and it was GOOD ! And do you know why it was good ? Because we had a relationship with The Ancient of Days.. The absolute know all, tell all beginning and the end , The Alpha and Omega. Back when men didn't need science because we had God.
You really need to work on those skills that allow you to envision what you read. Not just comprehend.

Part of me laughs at the idea of that, but it makes me very sad that some of the Human race is still down on that level; we're past that.

I highly doubt it ruins your day, with you worried about the kind of life you're leading and all.
But right back atch ya !

It always amazes me how people like you are totally blind to the incredibility of an ideology based on nothing but a man-made book, but I guess that's what indoctrination does, funny how people like you think that it's everyone else that needs to wake up.

What I find amazing, is how people like you can talk smack about arrogance, just in front of a prime example of their own arrogance. Again you don't even know me and you're off topic. Can you tell me where I said, " Wake up" to anyone here in this thread? Or have you fallen back to your old stand bye ways of, putting words in peoples mouth and straight out lying ?

I have no problem with people believing what the want to believe, I just have a problem when people get arrogant and ignorant with it, the brainwashed type, like you.

Ya, I could've guessed.

Do we need to terminate this convo to prevent you from having an aneurysm ? I mean, you seem to be getting agitated.
edit on 22-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

No, evidence is evidence, however you classify it, and you have shown none. You know there isn't any evidence, you know that there's actually no reason to believe what you believe other than because you've bee taught to.

Taught to huh ? You don't even know me. And you're completely off=topic.

Religion is such an arrogant thing, you're convinced that your story, created very recently, is the one truth out of many thousands of others.

That's right I am. That's why I said I'd bet a dollar to a donut. And your use of the word arrogant really calls attention to the obvious. So you're not pull'in that one off at all, K?

Why do you think this?

You offer nothing better. At all. And I don't think it. I know it.

Because you were told to; you can't back it up.

Off-topic. I'm not the topic here.

You may as well make up any ridiculous story and choose to believe it, it's exactly the same thing as your religion, just less popular and a bit newer.

Science sets a great example of this don't you think ?

Science aims to find the answers, religion fills in the gaps with stories and puts its fingers in its ears.

Science goes back to the drawing board over and over again, religiously worshipping a chalk board. Trial and error," Oh well, If at first you don't suceed " But in the beginning, God made it happen and it was GOOD ! And do you know why it was good ? Because we had a relationship with The Ancient of Days.. The absolute know all, tell all beginning and the end , The Alpha and Omega. Back when men didn't need science because we had God.
You really need to work on those skills that allow you to envision what you read. Not just comprehend.

Part of me laughs at the idea of that, but it makes me very sad that some of the Human race is still down on that level; we're past that.

I highly doubt it ruins your day, with you worried about the kind of life you're leading and all.
But right back atch ya !

It always amazes me how people like you are totally blind to the incredibility of an ideology based on nothing but a man-made book, but I guess that's what indoctrination does, funny how people like you think that it's everyone else that needs to wake up.

What I find amazing, is how people like you can talk smack about arrogance, just in front of a prime example of their own arrogance. Again you don't even know me and you're off topic. Can you tell me where I said, " Wake up" to anyone here in this thread? Or have you fallen back to your old stand bye ways of, putting words in peoples mouth and straight out lying ?

Ya, I could've guessed.

Do we need to terminate this convo to prevent you from having an aneurysm ? I mean, you seem to be getting agitated.

You've written too much drivel for me to have the enthusiasm to address it all. It's really obvious how your belief system has disabled your ability to think sensibly.

No, science is not an example of a newer story. Science is the study of the Universe through experimentation and what we can observe, it's the complete opposite of religion, which just makes up the answers. Scientific views are newer though, because before now we relied on religion to fill the gaps that we can now fill with the truth. Religion is outdated and no longer needed in modern society.

Science doesn't make up answer, it finds them out. Science is not afraid to be wrong, it corrects itself and is always getting closer the the absolute truth, if it isn't there already. That's the wonderful thing about science, religion sticks to its stubborn and outdated stories which are based on nothing and have nothing to back them up. Yet you believe them without question and remain ignorant of the things that we now know and are trying to find out.

That's why religion is arrogant, and such a silly thing to follow if you're able to see past it (which you clearly can't), Science is not arrogant, it's the complete opposite. It isn't anywhere near the same category as religion.

I can't believe how ignorant, close-minded, arrogant and quite frankly, dim, you are. At least on this topic. It is possible to argue against my point thoughtfully and intelligently, people have done it, you are far from that. This tells me that you have been indoctrinated and don't possess the ability to think critically or logically, rather than exploring, learning and considering a religion, then becoming comfortable with your beliefs. People that are comfortable with their beliefs should be able to defend them without avoiding challenges and resorting to nonsensical rambling as you have. These more thoughtful people also tend to not be arrogant in their belief and ignorant of other beliefs and scientific approaches, as you are.

And by the way, I know you've been taught to think like this. you must have. Religious ideology does not spontaneously appear in your mind, it has to be taught. That's another interesting point, if there was an event that wiped out all human knowledge and literature, we had to start civilisation from scratch, science would build back up to what it is now and beyond because it's what we can observe and find out from everything around us, the religions of today would never be heard of again. I'm not really expecting you to understand what this means but there's always a chance, I suppose.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Both Aleph and Bet have Kaballistic definitions as defined in either the Zohar or the Bahir. I forget which one. They are related to the 10 sephirot, or emanations of God in the earthly realm.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Religion is outdated and no longer needed in modern society.

That's just your opinion. And I was really hoping by now, you would notice that you're the only
one using the word religion.

Science is not arrogant,

Oh I agree, how could it be, by itself ? It's those who populate the field that make it seem that way.

I can't believe how ignorant, close-minded, arrogant and quite frankly, dim, you are. At least on this topic.

Maybe I just wasn't breast fed.

It is possible to argue against my point thoughtfully and intelligently, people have done it, you are far from that.

Ha Ha !
And what a difference it made ? Great inspiration. I'm inspired by the fruitless pursuit.

People that are comfortable with their beliefs should be able to defend them without avoiding challenges and resorting to nonsensical rambling as you have. These more thoughtful people also tend to not be arrogant in their belief and ignorant of other beliefs and scientific approaches, as you are.

FYI
I believe in God, not religion. God doesn't need me to defend him.
You have it all backwards assed and messed up. I'm hoping he will defend me.

And by the way, I know you've been taught to think like this. you must have.

Really ? Perhaps you can earn some of that arrogance you so
love to display and tell me under whom I was a pupil ?

You don't know me and you just as well don't know squat.
You really couldn't be more wrong.
But you are in rythm.

That's another interesting point, if there was an event that wiped out all human knowledge and literature, we had to start civilisation from scratch, science would build back up to what it is now and beyond because it's what we can observe and find out from everything around us, the religions of today would never be heard of again. I'm not really expecting you to understand what this means but there's always a chance, I suppose.

This has been done. I'm sure you recognize.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The truth is, science and people who prescribe science as a belief system. Completely disqualify
themselves from being taken seriously, in any discussion pertaining to any and/or all phlosophies
regarding mankinds spirituality. Further more, it is the protocols of science that make this all to
obvious. And therefore any scientist is not rational in any attempt to negate a belief system.
Or deny the existence of a deity.

Besides, if man just evolved ? Why didn't he evolve the way you say the first time around.?
It's completely obvious that as time has past. We remember less and less about our origins.
That's why the Bible existss to this day. And you and your ilk will never supress it, never change
it, never destry it.

The truth lives foreveer. Despite any lack of over rated evidence you hold to, as a crutch.
You ask for evidence that we thru sin have damned from existence. And it is by a lack
of evidence that you are a Godless soul. And being a godless soul just isn't good
planning ahead. Everyone knows, evidence can lie anyway.

And you're boring.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It was a long shot, I didn't think you'd have the mental capacity to understand what I was saying. You divert at every point and just talk nonsense instead. You're not a loss to modern society, your kind disappearing at an increasing speed so we'll continue to move forward and leave religion (which by the way, is the belief in a god) behind. Hopefully you aren't in the position to influence others, that's what holds the human race back. These scientists you speak of control the world (there's a reason for that, but I'm sure you either won't understand it or you'll just ignore it in your self denial), religion no longer does.

By the way, science has destroyed the Bible, you can't see or understand that due to your ignorance of science and modern education. People that are mentally in this century know that. Evidence is such a simple concept yet you completely fail to understand it. There are many contradicting holy books that are older than the Bible, I guess by your logic that makes them correct as well.

I don't know what you're talking about regarding evolution, but I'll go ahead and assume you completely misunderstand that as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I didn't think you'd have the mental capacity to understand

Or perhaps your snide remarks and tongue -in-cheek insults and criticisms, make the point an effort not worth the trouble, my sarcastic and judgemental lil bubble. There's a thought for you to ponder.

By the way, science has destroyed the Bible,

I know this is your fantasy but its hardly the truth.
Now you're just lying to yourself. Very sad.

I guess by your logic that makes them correct as well.

Oh make up my mind will you ? Do I believe there all correct or just mine ?

but I'll go ahead and assume you completely misunderstand that as well.

You maybe right about that. I'll decide later. But what I do understand perfectly well, is you.
Your hate is a product of fear, and I am so done here. As I mentioned you're boring.
And as I am trying hard to remain a gentlemen. You have the last say. You can be sure I'll read it.

edit on 23-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join