It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES! Christ is the ONLY way. I can prove it to you with one word.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

The only point I was hoping to make with you is that
this idea "the way" is Eastern thinking and "the truth"
is Western thinking, is a flawed because Jesus was
himself an Eastern teacher like Buddha was. At that
time there really was no Western culture like what
we have today. That came with the merger of the
Greek/Stoic ideas of God and the Roman Catholic
ideas of sin, Satan and hell.

Jesus message was that HE was the 'way'. HE was the 'truth'. In saying this, He was showing two things. Life is not about exoteric dogma or esoteric spiritualism. Life is living and living is not our wickedness or self-righteousness. The narrow path is neither of these. Righteousness is love for others with no expectation of return. No path we walk will lead us to truth. It was not our rules or philosophies. No truth can be gained by seeing or hearing, but only by doing.

By knowing what I just sowed in the paragraph above, I can then outline this for you by the fault of the people Jesus was speaking to.

In the East, Buddha claimed that renunciation of our self is the act of escaping suffering. Jesus showed that suffering was the point. I can illustrate this easily. Smoking is taking a reward that leads to a debt. In this case, we are not suffering first, but last. Buddha would tell you to renounce smoking. I would agree. If we reverse this, we can go to the Gym and work out. This gives us increased health because we suffer for what we gain. In this case, Buddha would tell you to avoid suffering. Renounce the desire for better health. Again, just a generalization so don't come back and tell me that Buddha was healthy for other reasons. I get that. There is a broader point here.

Jesus came to give a gift to mankind. To give that gift, He willingly suffered every step working for others and then giving it away. He said, if you want to follow him, sell everything and take up the cross. The cross is the ultimate suffering that could have happened. By doing this, he made the point clear. HE is the way and suffering on purpose develops rewards. Why? You cannot give a gift apart from suffering the work to earn what you give. Work a job and a paycheck comes. Buddha walked away from this responsibility with his own family. Admittedly, he could. They were wealthy. Still, not the point.

With Truth, philosophy leads to the idea that man can create Utopia. If only we formulate the right laws and engage enough cameras and the strongest military, we can make our world perfect. Truth wishes to find this utopia by the reasoning of our own linear thinking. Again, who did Jesus condemn? Tax collectors, moneychangers, high priests and experts in the law. Lawyers, bankers, religious leaders and government scam artists. What did HE say? HE was the truth. Aleph Mem Tav is Truth. What is LIFE?

Life comes from family. A strong family is one that abides in Truth. A strong nation is one that has strong families. Love is the point and we must abide in God's will only. What is God's will. Love and Giving. No law is necessary if we love others as ourselves. Unity among the multiplicity of the living is this very concept.

I beg to differ with you. Jesus said what he meant and meant what he said. He was implying nothing. He was showing that our own philosophies are vain. There is only ONE way and there can only be one.

edit on 18-7-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

Truthful brother.

Changing from the inside to better ourselves by walking the way of true life is indeed what the teachers who have been idolized falsely and have had their words ruined wanted us to do.

Walk the path of this state of life as a particle made into a coherent harmonized wave with the true basis of the world, love/care for all by doing good deeds and spreading the message out. The time is now, nei! the time has for long come and yet, is coming.

Stay true and stay tuned.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I want to barge in here, much of what Buddha said was indeed good. But like you pointed out, he did not sell all of his belongings and take up his cross, as we all should.

But we must remember as was with Jesus, when does our time come? It has indeed for long been here, yet it is now, and is all at the same time coming.

I believe man kind will slowly progress in to taking it's cross up and renouncing the concept of matter property to self and use it only to benefit as a whole, slowly but surely. And in the process walk to others just as Christ did and does in all who do good deeds and perform good deeds for those who are in need and spread the message of the state of being we must all be in to reside in true life.

Blessed are you for spreading the word. Now the internet and books, then in working on streets and in crowds.

We mustn't forget, we are all the Father's son. And we surely are all Christ's brother, sister and mother!

Be wheat and spread the word our brother among the weed's.
edit on 18-7-2013 by Sump3 because: To avoid misunderstanding, I changed "his" into "Christ" in the second last sentence.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by SpearMint

So I'll ask you again, prove that there is any credibility to your beliefs.

I guess it's just like I said, your blind to it. It's been done in plain sight for everyone.
" The Pharisees " ? You know what the crickett was about.
Go back and read instead of being the all important big brain which you really aren't.

Exactly why I act in this manner to you obtuse specimens.

edit on 17-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Reading won't help, the only thing that supports your beliefs is the Bible, a creation of man. So your beliefs are based on nothing but a story, an unprovable story, yet you're convinced that it's true. That's brainwashing. It's not in plain sight to everyone, there's never been any evidence to support what you believe in and most people in the world disagree with your ideology. I don't expect you to understand that.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Servant leadership is the hallmark of Christian faith.

And such endeavors are the hallmark of good, caring people, not of god or faith.

Yep. Even before I had a concept of God or faith even as a child I was motivated to do service. And I didn't come from a family that went to church ever.

I remember running door to door to get pledges for a bike-a-thon for mentally handicapped children.

My motivation didn't come from faith or a belief in God.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

Servant leadership is the hallmark of Christian faith.

And such endeavors are the hallmark of good, caring people, not of god or faith.

Yep. Even before I had a concept of God or faith even as a child I was motivated to do service. And I didn't come from a family that went to church ever.

I remember running door to door to get pledges for a bike-a-thon for mentally handicapped children.

My motivation didn't come from faith or a belief in God.

Same here. God or no god, it just feels good to be of service to others.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Apparently Christ isn't the only way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why do the good suffer, and I succeed?

If Christ were the only way to success then misogynist bigots like Hitler wouldn't have rose to power and success.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Rise to power and worldy wealth isn't the topic of this thread. It is the about the Son both in acting in him by "taking your cross up", and doing just as he did and in the metaphysical sense being the bridge to the Father, the first, the last.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sump3

Rise to power and worldy wealth isn't the topic of this thread.

Are you going into after life rewards?

Is this like 72 virgins? Promising sexual rewards in the afterlife?

If I can't have it now of what value is afterlife sexual rewards?

Can we even prove the afterlife exists?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Same here. God or no god, it just feels good to be of service to others.

Unfortunately things change and I rarely do that kind of stuff anymore that I am not in the military and not in college.

But, I am sure there are many people in the younger ranks to take up the slack.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
]Originally posted by SpearMint

Reading won't help, the only thing that supports your beliefs is the Bible, a creation of man. So your beliefs are based on nothing but a story, an unprovable story, yet you're convinced that it's true. That's brainwashing. It's not in plain sight to everyone, there's never been any evidence to support what you believe in and most people in the world disagree with your ideology. I don't expect you to understand that.

Oh I think I understand it just fine actually. I understand it well enough to
see thru the façade of lies that I believe are cause for the extraordinary
claims and conclusions you come to like, there is no God because of evidence.
Ya I believe the real extraordinary claim is the one you make.
When the proof is everywhere really. Science is ridiculous because it isn't friendly
to things like love and God. I feel you paid for an education that did a good
a job academically. But basically leaves you spiritually dead or obtuse.
So this is why you criticize people who don't fall for it. Even tho you're the one
who can't explain existence and consciousness in a better way than what I believe.
You think understanding the magic negates the magician or understanding the
mechanics means you don't need a mechanic. It just makes no sense. I wasn't
privy to the education you have. I'm an ironworker, so I make mistakes in writing
and my message may not always be clear Ya know, but I don't envy you at all.
I think if you spent one day with me up on that iron. You may sing the same song,
but it would definitely be to a different tune.

edit on 19-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

]Originally posted by SpearMint

Oh I think I understand it just fine actually. I understand it well enough to
see thru the façade of lies that I believe are cause for the extraordinary
claims and conclusions you come to like, there is no God because of evidence.
Ya I believe the real extraordinary claim is the one you make.
When the proof is everywhere really. Science is ridiculous because it isn't friendly
to things like love and God. I feel you paid for an education that did a good
a job academically. But basically leaves you spiritually dead or obtuse.
So this is why you criticize people who don't fall for it. Even tho you're the one
who can't explain existence and consciousness in a better way than what I believe.
You think understanding the magic negates the magician or understanding the
mechanics means you don't need a mechanic. It just makes no sense. I wasn't
privy to the education you have. I'm an ironworker, so I make mistakes in writing
and my message may not always be clear Ya know, but I don't envy you at all.
I think if you spent one day with me up on that iron. You may sing the same song,
but it would definitely be to a different tune.

edit on 19-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Under that mess you seem to think is the English language you actually sound like a cult member, blindly accepting indoctrination and ignoring any rational thought. Science does not leave you "spiritually dead", Science observes the Universe. Science is not even the thing that it opposing you; it's simple logic, critical thinking and the ability to think for yourself. These things prohibit a sensible person from accepting a story at face value, without proof or evidence that it's any more than a story. I think deep down you know that you don't have a good reason to believe what you believe, it's just been drummed in to you and you want it to be true. The fact is you cannot prove your beliefs because there is no evidence to do so, anything that's claimed to be evidence conveniently exists within your own mind. To disagree with that, without providing anything to back up your argument, is just pure ignorance. Funny how you cannot show me any of this "proof" that is supposedly everywhere.
edit on 20-7-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I am here right now, what comes afterwards does not concern me. I am here right now and all I have to realize is to bring care, love, truth, belief and hope in the hearts of men that they can be something brighter than they have been up until now.

That is what Christ is and he should be on the tip of our lips at all times.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I'm sure you get the message.
Have it your way.
For now.
edit on 20-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

A dusted mirror doesn't reflect the light that shines on it back.

We see what we want to see up to a certain degree. You should know if you've introduced yourself to quantum physics.

In other words: We use symbols in the form of language and writing to convey a meaning which when spoken to other people is interpreted by their own view of life and the world.
So when you don't see eye to eye with someone that see's things as truth in their own way, you can't possibly expect yourself to see things in their way if you can't open up the belief inside of you that what if, what if it's true?

Be open minded but critical at the same time.

To close my response up I say: We are what we believe and if we don't open up our hearts and minds to care, love and true belief (I am typing this and I believe it) we surely have nothing. Be glad in your heart and mind at all times.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Sump3 because: replaced you with we

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

What Jesus means is that you cannot see or understand God, because Jesus was with the truth and you are not.

And Jesus would probably laugh at you for thinking that people who have not been taught the word somehow have to know about him.

What you are becoming is a judgemental unforgiving egotistical person - the word of Jesus was totally against that.
edit on 20-7-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The word I describe is the shadow of DNA, which is the shadow of the information in light. The true words i found in light. You are right, none of us can read it and I only assume it the way we assume there is a fifth dimensional probability space. It's implied by the dimensions we can view. As a basic introduction to this language, God shows us that he is Father (Aleph Bet) and what he creates from Himself is Word. That's basic and it doesn't take a genius to see that He said it far before we knew it existed in the DNA. We still have not seen it in light, but we will. It's there with certainty.

Originally posted by greyer

What Jesus means is that you cannot see or understand God, because Jesus was with the truth and you are not.

And Jesus would probably laugh at you for thinking that people who have not been taught the word somehow have to know about him.

What you are becoming is a judgemental unforgiving egotistical person - the word of Jesus was totally against that.
edit on 20-7-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sump3

That is what Christ is and he should be on the tip of our lips at all times.

Satan's more fun.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

You do with your life as you please.

You were taught what fun is, by societies and your upbringing standards.

Consider that.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I'm sure you get the message.
Have it your way.
For now.
edit on 20-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

For now? You mean until there's actually some evidence to back it up? Ok, I'm waiting.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join