It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES! Christ is the ONLY way. I can prove it to you with one word.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
author can't even prove the existence of jesus, much less that he was gods son - everything else is failure

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

Stupid new age zietgiest is where people question the existence of Jesus. To do so is asinine.
No scholar worth his salt denies his existence, so get over yourself.

edit on 17-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Anyone else get a DaVinci Code vibe from the OP? lol... I mean I get what you're saying but it seems kind of irrelevant to me, no offense. You can draw inferences to any number of words and beliefs that are in the end unrelated, if you break it down to its core components and LOOK for something.

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by circuitsports

Stupid new age zietgiest is where people question the existence of Jesus. To do so is asinine.
No scholar worth his salt denies his existence, so get over yourself.

I wasn't aware that people actually question his existence, surely the guy was being sarcastic? Sure he existed, that's pretty well documented and verified I think. Now whether he was a great teacher and all around cool guy, or the "Son of God" is the million dollar question. I'm not here to debate it, I just thought it was humorous that someone would seriously say you can't prove Jesus existed... I guess we can't PROVE Henry VIII existed either but we're pretty darn sure from historical record that he wasn't just some made up guy.
edit on 17-7-2013 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
They have not known nor understood: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they cannot understand. (Isaiah 44:18)

Euphemistically, a nice way to say pearls should not be cast before swine.

I have revealed the greatest of mysteries in a few short paragraphs yet no one comprehends.
Do I speak in parables?

(For the benefit of no one, I'll answer my own question: "N.A.S.A" is hardly just an acronym for, "National Aeronautics and Space Administration". That's the exoteric definition. The actual name comes from the Hebrew נָשָׂא Nasa, which literally means, "Lift off" and is associated with the word "aero" and the Greek, "ara", meaning "sin" (Sin being the Sumerian moon god). No man has ever been to the moon: the 1969 Apollo 11 mission was a Kabbalistic ritual pairing of sun (Apollo) and moon (Artemis), numerically-speaking, 69).

edit on 17-7-2013 by Solmani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I am a great believer in Occams theorem, the obvious explanation is the correct one.

Here I see the Greek " alpha beta" concatanated to become alphabet. I suspect there is a Greek word missing which was the equivalent of "alpha beta sequence" - too much of a mouthful.

Alphabet is far closer to these Greek words than the original hebrew.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

God is the impulse and Christ is one second later when the impulse begins to express itself. That's how I see it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by duke396

Fair enough Duke.

Believe it or not there are tons of loco locals that do question his existence.

RIGHT HERE ON ATS !

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Lifts leg and lets a big one rip through the crowd.....Yeah theres the anti-christl for ya....SMELL IT? lol.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way (EAST) and the truth (WEST) and the life (Two becoming one). No one comes to the Father except through me.

When your abstract mind and concrete mind come together with the truth in the word, you will see. When this happens, you are free. Fiat Lux! Do you see the light?

That is cleaver, but I still don't see the light.

Yes, abstract mind (East) and concrete mind (West) come together and that could be called a whole mind (according to your theory), However, only a left-brain Westerner would say such a thing! Why? because they are indoctrinated and brain-washed into holding this VERY biased view (BELIEF) that the West is superior in some way. GOT NEWS FOR YA.... it isn't.

What if everything you've been taught is wrong?

This is a question the "abstract mind" will ask of the "concrete mind" ...and what is the answer to this question? The Westener has no answer, because their mind is too damn dogmatic and doesn't like to be asked these type of questions. The Western mind isn't really interesting in truth, but only consensus reality which is only a form of peer pressure. Consensus reality is the agreed-upon concepts of reality which people in the world, or a culture or group, either believe are real, or treat as real. However consensus reality does not equal truth, nor does it in anyway approximate what is real.

Personally, I wold prefer to take the East, and drop the West. What good is it, this so called "Veritas" is based on the lies and false-authority. The is the not THE WAY for a free person to reach spiritual attainment, nor is it THE LIFE of bliss, peace, or happiness.

Via, Veritas, Vita is a Latin phrase meaning "The Way, The Truth, The Life" in English. It was said by Jesus Christ when talking about himself and has been used as motto by various educational institutions and governments. Now how can these left-brain institutions claim to be teaching Veritas (truth) when they are so corrupt? Also, in order to accept the premise of line of thought, they would also have to teach Christian "truth" which they do not.

The fact is the West does not offer truth in a meaningful way. What it does offer is a political control system based on the heavy weight of monotheistic "moralism" (judgement of sin). I think the world can do without that, I know that I can.

Thank you very much, but no thank you.

edit on 17-7-2013 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

Well, at least your avatar gets it. But Hey, it's God's call and not mine. John 6:65 says he prepares you. What does John 6:66 say?

edit on 17-7-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If there is no God, then why are we still counting time by Him? 2013 A.D. (Anno Domini. "In the year of our lord")

Something must have happened 2013 years ago.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

reply to post by wasaka

Well, at least your avatar gets it. But Hey, it's God's call and not mine. John 6:65 says he prepares you. What does John 6:66 say?

I used to be like you, trusting 100% in what the bible reads but have you ever once stopped to question why you believe so strong in a controversial book you do not even fully understand?
You can throw quotes at everyone all day long but if we do not hold any faith in this book, what is the purpose of constantly going back and forth about John this and Matthews that?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEMINI052165
If there is no God, then why are we still counting time by Him? 2013 A.D. (Anno Domini. "In the year of our lord")

Something must have happened 2013 years ago.

You have to read history, there's too much to explain. Are you going to say God is real because everyone says Goodbye?...the word Goodbye came from "God be with you"...

Don't let god fill in the gaps of understanding. Science does this successfully.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthisAuthority

reply to post by wasaka

I used to be like you, trusting 100% in what the bible reads but have you ever once stopped to question why you believe so strong in a controversial book you do not even fully understand?
You can throw quotes at everyone all day long but if we do not hold any faith in this book, what is the purpose of constantly going back and forth about John this and Matthews that?

My faith is in God. Love is Aleph Hey Bet. Aleph is strength. Hey is a great work. Bet is the house. God is doing this based on love for his Creation. God is the strength of the house. Love is a great work inside the house. If this is true, He has demonstrated that He is trustworthy. If not, all of us should worry. Jesus said, "Fear Not." What did Jesus do again to make us mistrust Him?

Apart from the Love, the proof is provided clearly. God is the Aleph Bet (Letters of Creation) and Christ is the Word (maker of creation). The Son of God is the house of the seed. The Mother is the Strong Waters. Not a thing here can be denied. The very letters describe how God did it and DNA is your final proof. What else has God said that is true?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Your belief is strong.

Continue to know thyself and you will know Him!

Do not lose yourself in the Torah(World, Law) but always remain focused upon True love (Love for Him, and love for your neighbor as you love yourself, which should be as maximum as possible).

Never are we reminded enough upon this.

Stay true brother!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by duke396

Fair enough Duke.

Believe it or not there are tons of loco locals that do question his existence.

RIGHT HERE ON ATS !

That wasn't any kind of stab at you just to be clear, I meant... I HOPE he was kidding, lol. But you're right there are some shall we say "interesting" people around here, I think there are a few lurking around this thread actually because some of these posts have me scratching my head.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
Well this just goes to show once again that I have no concept of what the word "proof" means

If you want proof, look under your feet. The whole world is barking at you.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by duke396

I'm not here to debate it, I just thought it was humorous that someone would seriously say you can't prove Jesus existed... I guess we can't PROVE Henry VIII existed either but we're pretty darn sure from historical record that he wasn't just some made up guy.

It's a typical atheist trick. Subject A must not exist because there is no empirical proof (like a body), but only writings left behind. However this falls apart under history as people believe the writings of Tactius, Flavius Josephus, Plato, Herodotus, Julius Caesar etc. yet there is no empirical proof any of them existed either except for what archeaology can corroborate surrounding their writings, yet archaeology can also corroborate what is written about Jesus and surrounding the writings of his Apostles. There is a saying in archaeology "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence", it just means we're still looking for the "proof" the unbelieving world will accept, yet I believe no matter what you show them, they won't believe either way. They deny writings about Jesus because it came from a religious text and they ignore the historical accuracy surrounding his advent.
edit on 18-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
double post
edit on 18-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by wasaka

Yes, my avatar gets it and so do I.

Religions have used the word worship. Their use of “worship” is phony. Christians go every Sunday to church – that is their worship – for one hour or two hours. And what do they do in the remaining time, the whole week?Hindus worship in the morning every day, but then what do they do the whole day? It must be something which is not worship; otherwise there is no need to have a separate time, a separate place, a temple, a mosque, a synagogue, a church for worshipping.I want worship to become your twenty-four-hour-a-day thing – just like breathing. It has to become existential. Then you don’t need to go to any church, to any synagogue. Then wherever you are becomes your temple, you are always on holy ground. ~ Osho

I am not in opposition to your worship of the Divine.

You are striving to find the truth, but in my view you
have a long way to go, and right now you seem to
be in the whirlpool of theology.

I am the true bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will not die as your ancestors did (even though they ate the manna) but will live forever."

The disciple said this was a hard teaching that no
Jew could accept. But Peter said, "where else can
I go, you have the words of life." So even thought
Peter was dull most of the time, this time get got it
(even if he didn't know what he got).

Yes, Jesus had the word of life, and so did Buddha.
His disciple felt the same way Peter did. They eat
the words of Buddha, but unlike Jesus doing so
wasn't presented in a way that make people run
for fear of blasphemy. However, Buddha had his
own way of thinning the crowd and that was all
Jesus was doing. Jesus came to the Jews and it
was to the Jews he sought to teach and at times
his teaching required offending them. Buddha
did the same thing to his audiences.

The only point I was hoping to make with you is that
this idea "the way" is Eastern thinking and "the truth"
is Western thinking, is a flawed because Jesus was
himself an Eastern teacher like Buddha was. At that
time there really was no Western culture like what
we have today. That came with the merger of the
Greek/Stoic ideas of God and the Roman Catholic
ideas of sin, Satan and hell.

My advice to go back and read what Jesus actually
said, and forget about the theology taught in the
rest of the Bible. Same goes for the teaching of
Buddha, get the original source material and
jettison the rest of it.

If you really want to know the truth, this is "the Way"
to get there... and when you do, it will be "the Truth"
for you, not the truth for everyone else. However,
when you have personal truth, only then can you
see clearly to point others in "the way" so they too
can find it. When they do, when you do, it will be
in harmony with the teaching of both Jesus and
Buddha (and free any external false authority).

edit on 18-7-2013 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join