It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She's a Part-Timer and NOT in Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I am so sick of ringing up to speak to either my Dentist, Doctor, Solicitor, a Council Officer or whoever to be told the scourge of today. Not in, only works part-time - in later this week.

Does anyone work full-time anymore or is this an English thing? I know one thing all, this part-time working is useless when you want to speak to someone urgently or even to get in touch and arrange a meeting or simply get something done!

Due to Part-time working hours, my Physio who has just put me through a series of treatments which has now finished, can't actually assess if the treatment has worked until September because he's only part-time. Fat lot of good that will be.

Anyone else sick of the trouble and delays part-time working causes today?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You may find that if a person is working part-time, they may have two different part-time jobs...

I have always worked full time, but at times the full time hours have been made up of having two part-time positions. Having two p/t jobs is not too bad because you get to work with two different lots of people, so if the one job has horrible people at least you can look forward to going to the other job, well that's unless both jobs have terrible people....

But at the end of the day, beggars can't be choosers in this crappy financial climate, you just get what job you can until things turn around and something better comes along. It was like this in the early eighties when I left school, but eventually things improved..............Thank goodness, they couldn't get any worse...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Some Doctors work part time at one office and then work part time at another office.

I know that one of my Doctors is only available three days a week until noon. The rest of the time she is at another place, being a Doctor.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

so few jobs are full time now anyway. people are being hired on part time because it is believed that they have less rights when being sacked, plus most full time jobs that are open for people are snapped up by friends of people who work in the company.

i work in a place where this happens all the time, im lucky that i get to work the ten hours that they give me, and in my contract it states that i dont have a right to work more than ten hours, even the work force have been warned that asking for more hours is sack able, although no ones been sack for that yet.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I know that many firms like to employ staff and give them as little rights as they can get away with. I also know that there are some people out there who, like my son have to do two jobs in order to earn a living.

I an not ranting about people who can't get full-tikme jobs or people, such as parents who choose to work part-time. Its the fact that our Governments appear to me to have encouraged firms to sack their full-time workers and replace them with part-timers so that the statistics show a larger amount of people employed.

From those statistics one would think Wow! a much better service. However, I don't think the public in general are getting a better service. Most people I talk to often bring up irritating delays in their lives caused by firms using part-timers and giving them a very much lower standard of service. Part-time staff aren't there to see the job done in many instances. This causes many of us irritation at the delays, the expense of delays both to individuals and business and a feeling that the country is 'going to the dogs'.

Its similar to the some Government's other ludicrous policy of high density building and sparse parking facilities.
Even a child could tell our parliament that both policies inflicted on the general public are obviously going to fail and ultimately cost considerably more to put right. Please could people like my Doctor, Dentist, Solicitor, Local Authority personnel and a lot of others start to work full-time again. We did it in the past and it was an efficient and
effective policy. (Hearing that suddenly our Local Authority doesn't want any more high density blocks I can only scratch my head and R..A...N....TT!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Must be an English thing...we Yanks work all day, every day, and don't take month long holidays.

(don't mind me, I'm just jealous)

The only time we take a month off, we call it Unemployment.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

I use to work 5 days a week then once I had house paid off only 4. Why do we work? for money.
As the need for money goes down the value of time goes up.
I think the world should enact laws to make the standard working week 4 days with three day weekends.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I had a doctor that would charge you if you missed an office visit without 24 hours notice.
I showed up for a visit and he wasn't there.
My cousin (a lawyer with a great sense of humor) sent him a bill along with a note on legal letterhead.
I was remitted a payment for the missed appointment and asked to find another doctor.

Totally worth it.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Epic WIN!

top topics

join